Spinoff... What touristy things did YOU do this summer

Several visits to Six Flags Great Adventure/Hurricane Harbor.

Wildwood and Ocean City, NJ boardwalks.

Hersheypark, Lancaster area, Strasburg Railroad.

In October we're going to Orlando. Six nights at Universal, but it's NOT a theme park vacation. At most, one day at either Disney/Universal/Sea World. Might just be a sit-by-the-pool vacation. On the way there, Charleston, SC. On the way back, the South Carolina State Fair, and Carowinds theme park.

I went to Pike Place Market in Seattle several times this Summer. I even went to the first Starbucks to hang out with all of the tourists and ordered a flat white.

Toured the finger lakes wine country in central New York state for a few days.

Numerous visits to Cedar Point, but we live a short drive away and have annual passes.

Otherwise, it's been a quiet summer for us - quick trip to a lake house near Saugatuck, MI and a long weekend trip to Denver to tour a college with our oldest. And my wife and younger son made a trip down to MIL's home down in Fort Myers. That was about it for us.

We went to the birthplace of Midwestern Cheesy-ness, The Wisconsin Dells! We love it there, totally touristy and fun. Though I do have to say, we all we kind of over the shopping, every third store was the same and they all sold the same stuff.
I live very near the Dells, and my friends and family were discussing the shops downtown. We all wonder why the town cannot get some loans or grants and get some of the stores fixed up and remodeled. We think the owners, rent out the stores to who ever wants to try and sell lame t-shirts and key chains. It is really sad and the whole area needs revitalization. We were in Breckenridge Colorado last summer and their main street is very similar, but totally redone with nice shops and resturants.

We visited our son in NYC and went to the Broadway Play Aladdin, walked the Brooklyn Bridge, rode bikes over the 57th Street Bridge from Long Island City to Manhattan and rode around in Central Park.
We watched the Macy's 4th of July Fire Works on the East River. His apartment sits right on the river. And we saw Jennifer Lopez perform a taping the the 4th of July for free a few nights before the Fireworks.

In May, we drove to Shenandoah National Park & the area around it. Last month we flew to Salt Lake City & went to Antelope Island State Park, Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone & Big Sky Montana. We have also done some day trips to areas close by. Going to Carolina Beach next month. It has been a great summer!

I took my DD8 on a surprise trip to visit her BFF. Her BFF's mom and I had been planning this for months, as soon as I had enough Aeroplan miles for 2 free flights from Victoria BC to Kingston ON. BFF was surprised at the airport.
On our way back DH picked us up in Vancouver BC and we drove down to Vancouver WA/ Portland OR to visit friends. While tin Portland we went to the Oregon Museum or Science and Industry. We brought home a Kitty from one of our friends who couldn't keep her anymore. (This was arranged before we went, kitty is much happier now.)
Just got back from a weekend at the lake where my Aunt and Uncle have a cabin.
So far a pretty good summer!

Went to the Grand Canyon and 4 other national parks.

-Spent a week in OCMD
-Attended our school/church carnival
-Attended HoagieFest in Philadelphia
-Spent a long weekend in New York City, Wildwood, NJ, and OCNJ
-Went ziplining at Treetop Adventures in the Elmwood Park Zoo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter