• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

" Spirit of Aloha" dinner show for couples without children?

BLTLDZ

Loving our DVC :)
Yay or nay?
We were thinking about doing this for our honeymoon. Anyone offer any opinions on this?? I'm afraid we will spend the money (and the time), and be disappointed.

Actually, i think it is the better of the dinner shows Disney offers. If you want you can search youtube, there is a video posted of the show and you can get an idea of what it is about. It is a cute show and the food is actually pretty good. If you do category 2 you will be in the back and category 1 puts you down front. I believe you can use two dinner vouchers for the show but since i have never done the dining plan make sure before you make any firm plans. I would also make alternative dinner plans for the night. The show is outside and does get weathered out periodically. Go, you will have fun. :thumbsup2

A word of warning, not all of the show room is wheel chair accessible. So if you are in a chair or need special accommodations you need to book accordingly. I have seen a couple with a wheel chair bound child have issues when booking on the dining plan, which only covers category 2. Luckily for them, a family with cat 1 seating swapped with them so they could stay for the show.

We're going in May. My sister has been dying to try this and just never made reservations in the past. We're going with her and her husband to celebrate their 1st anniversary. Just two adult (late 30s'/early 40's) couples with no kids.

We went with our adult daughter and are planning to do it again. My son (21) wasn't with us and wants to go on our next trip. It's fine with or without kids. We did the later show, and most people around us were adults. Yes there were kids, but it seems like most of them must have been at the early show because there wasn't a huge amount of kids at our show. We had a wonderful time. We were celebrating our Anniversary and they played "The Hawaiian Wedding Song" and asked all couples celebrating anniversaries to dance. Very nice and a great memory. I think you will have a good time.

Enjoy The Magic!!!

We went to the luau this past August and really enjoyed ourselves. The food was good and our waiter was very attentive. The storyline is a little bit cheesy but the dancing and the firetwirler made up for the cheesy storyline. We liked it so much that we are going back in May.

I have a few pictures of the luau in my "Stop Making Me Laugh" trip report.

I just wanted to add that we really enjoyed the show ourselves. I missed a lot due to an "emergency" call from home but it was still great. It was just my DH and myself for our 10th anniversary. We left the kids at home. Since we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon we thought this would be good, and it was. We had Category 1 seating and had such a great table right up front. We thought it was worth it. It is not the most "authentic" luau but we enjoyed it nonetheless. The bread was amazing!!!

I have been twice. Once with just adults once with children. Not worth the money. The food is just ok and the show is slow. There are many better places to go while on your honeymoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter