Spirit of Aloha review

BadgerBruce

DIS Veteran
DW & myself enjoyed the late seating of the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show on Tuesday, April 20th. We made reservations about one year out & our table was located front & center! We enjoyed the salad with vinagrette dressing & Polynesian bread. The main course was roasted chicken, ribs, rice & grilled vegetables. Everything was delicious! It was all you can eat, but I only had seconds of the wonderful bread. The show was excellent--better than we remember from our last time about 7 years ago. The food was much, much better. The dessert was pretty good--some sort of mousse that they presented as a volcano. The only thing that was better at the last show were the fruity Mai-Tais--now they serve red or white wine instead. All in all an excellent experience & we feel the fabulous food was the best dining surprise of this trip!

For your review and glad to hear food is improved we always loved the show but food wasn't to great.:wave2:

Do u get yr own private table for 2, or do u have to eat w/ strangers next to u?:wave:

It was actually a table for 4, but they did seat us by ourselves. I didn't really look around to see if that was how it was done with everyone. The people near us that were sharing tables had obviously come there together.

Great, I am excited to try it as I haven't been since the name and "theme" change.

Thanks for your nice review. I've booked us for the Luau in September and hope we get nice seats too. I only booked us about 9 months out so no where near your year.

That bread sounds yummy!::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Originally posted by fairytinkerbell
Do u get yr own private table for 2, or do u have to eat w/ strangers next to u?:wave:

:wave2: For our Honeymoon 1 1/2 yr ago, we went to the Luau and it was just the two of us and they sat us w/ about 10 other ppl. It was on the floor seats right up front, not your regular table and chair. It was a LONG table w/ low chairs. It was comfy, but we did have to share w/ about 2 other families.

But they bring your party your own plate of food. You don't have to share food w/ strangers.

But this was 1 1/2 yr ago, when it was still called "The Polynesian Luau"...maybe they changed the layout of the seating now. I hope so, we're heading back there soon and we can't wait to see the "new" show!

But the food was...OMG...PHENOMENAL!!! Can't wait for the yummy bread!!!!!:teeth: :teeth:

ENJOY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter