Splash Mountain & 5 yo

mom2redheadgirls

Earning My Ears
My 5 yo daughter is dying to ride this ride. She is 41 inches tall now and I know she can ride it but she has never done this sort of thing before. I never have ridden it either because she was too small last WDW trip. I was wondering if you think it might be too intense for her. Any thoughts? Anyone have kids her age that have done it and loved it? Thanks.
Steph

My daughter was only 5 when she first rode Splash Mountain and she loved it. The music and animation are great for kids and upi'll have a couple of small drops along the way to get ready for the "big hill". Just tell her to hold on tight and put her head down and close her eyes. It will be over in two seconds and then the splash!

Just for reference my DD (now 13) rode space mountain at 5 and loves that experience even more than splash monutain.

Have a great time!

My son was begging to ride on it last year when he was 3 yr old. He is very tall for his age, so he met the requirement.
I decided to let me ride it after explaining the ride to him.

He did just fine during the ride but after the ride he told him he doesn't want to go on it again!

We just got back from WDW & he still did not want to try it again.

So I say if your daugther really wants to try, let her! She may end up really liking it.

2 of my daughter's friends (age 4) have reported this as being their favorite ride in the whole park. I am still working on getting my daughter to ride it, but hopefully by our Dec trip she will be up for it. She doesn't want to get wet, but I told her she can wear a poncho!

It's a great ride so both of you should ride and enjoy!!!

Cindy:teeth:

My son who just turned 3 before our May trip and was barely tall enough rode it and loved it!!! It's the only ride he talks about when we mention disney world.

My 4 yr old just rode it for the first time on our last trip in June. He really liked it.

My DS had just turned 4 and he rode Splash Mountain twice and LOVED it. He is very much a scaredy cat about very much of everything, but he loved it. He still talks about seeing all the "characters" throughout the ride. Its his 2nd favorite ride, after Small World, "I just love those singing girls." I say go for it!

Katy Belle

My DDs were 4 and 6 when they first rode this ride and LOVE it! Give it a try...there is always a way out until you get on the ride and if she gets scared while on it, at least you know the ride won't last forever...before you know it it will be over and I am sure she'll have a definite feeling afterwards!

We celebrated DD 5th birthday in park 4 years ago and she absolutely loved! This was the only pin she wanted on the trip. On the flip side, however, she absolutely hated the BTMRR and tried to get out while moving.

My DD 4 1/2 went on it with me and started crying mid way through because there is a "dip", but in the dark. It startled me and apparently startled her. She loved it up until that point. She cried from that point on and said she did not want to do it again. With that being said, she will be just shy of 6 when we go again and she has told me that she does want to ride it again, so it must not have scared her too much!! She said she is "bigger" now, therefore, won't be scared!! LOL!! I won't argue!! I love SM!!!

Splash was one of my DD favorite rides last summer. She was only 3 at the time but LOVED it! She went on it three times and still talks about it being the best ride there.

My DD rode this for the first time last year when she was 5. It has become one of her favorite attractions at Magic Kingdom.

Took my son on this when he just turned 5 and he loved it...it is the one single ride he talks about the most...

Just wanted to add, that I think this is a great first "big kid" ride. It is very mild through most of it and very kid friendly. The big drop at the end is over in a split second. The rest of the ride is more like a mild boat ride with lots to look at. It really is very well done.

:bounce: My dd rode SM at 5 and has loved it ever since!! My son was more leary due to the drop but now loves it too. Definitely a family favorite for us!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter