Splash Mountain Gender Reveal Ideas

Lindseynicole1999

Earning My Ears
I know I’m not pregnant, but how you incorporate the Disney Ride Splash Mountain in a gender reveal? Looking for ideas in the future.

The sonogram tech will write the gender down on a piece of paper for you. Get a close friend or family member to rewrite it in huge bold letters on a piece of posterboard that you can fold up. Unfold it and hold it out facing away from you for the drop and then when you go to get your Splash pic the gender will be revealed in the photo.

But I think a cuter idea was one that I read on the Dis from another poster suggesting that you take the slip of paper with the gender on it into a shop and ask a CM to put a pink or blue balloon into an opaque bag while you aren't looking. Then go and pose in front of the castle and get a photographer to capture your expression as you open the bag and let the balloon float out.

I know I’m not pregnant, but how you incorporate the Disney Ride Splash Mountain in a gender reveal? Looking for ideas in the future.
I am asking this seriously, not snarkily, although it will probably come out as snarky. So I apologize in advance for my lack of writing skills to include tone in my question.

What is the purpose of a gender reveal? I had early CVS (for genetic purposes) for each of my children, so knew their genders at 9 weeks. But none of my friends really cared, especially not enough to warrant a big reveal. Our parents were happy with either gender. So, who really is the gender reveal for? Friends don't care. Family just wants the couple to be happy and usually doesn't care what gender their baby is. So, who is it for? Why not just look at the results? Open the envelope and read it. You are going to get the same information no matter how you stage it.

Maybe I am just an old fart that doesn't understand this whole make a production over whether the baby is a boy or girl.

The sonogram tech will write the gender down on a piece of paper for you. Get a close friend or family member to rewrite it in huge bold letters on a piece of posterboard that you can fold up. Unfold it and hold it out facing away from you for the drop and then when you go to get your Splash pic the gender will be revealed in the photo.

But I think a cuter idea was one that I read on the Dis from another poster suggesting that you take the slip of paper with the gender on it into a shop and ask a CM to put a pink or blue balloon into an opaque bag while you aren't looking. Then go and pose in front of the castle and get a photographer to capture your expression as you open the bag and let the balloon float out.
What about other people in the log that want that picture? I wouldn't hold anything up if there are other people in the log. I think it rude to take over a group photo with other strangers in it by holding up a sign. You may block the other people or they may not want the focus of the picture to be on some random sign.

If they can get a log completely to themselves, then if that is their thing, go for it.

You seem to be very invested in pregnancy posts. Making plans for the near future?

What about other people in the log that want that picture? I wouldn't hold anything up if there are other people in the log. I think it rude to take over a group photo with other strangers in it by holding up a sign. You may block the other people or they may not want the focus of the picture to be on some random sign.

If they can get a log completely to themselves, then if that is their thing, go for it.

Ehhhhh not to mention the fact that the Disney website clearly says that expectant mothers shouldn’t ride Splash Mountain.

I am asking this seriously, not snarkily, although it will probably come out as snarky. So I apologize in advance for my lack of writing skills to include tone in my question.

What is the purpose of a gender reveal? I had early CVS (for genetic purposes) for each of my children, so knew their genders at 9 weeks. But none of my friends really cared, especially not enough to warrant a big reveal. Our parents were happy with either gender. So, who really is the gender reveal for? Friends don't care. Family just wants the couple to be happy and usually doesn't care what gender their baby is. So, who is it for? Why not just look at the results? Open the envelope and read it. You are going to get the same information no matter how you stage it.

Maybe I am just an old fart that doesn't understand this whole make a production over whether the baby is a boy or girl.

I agree with you. The gender reveal came about during the time of social media. Just another excuse to post things on Facebook or instagram.

I know people say they are fun...and in the scheme of things a gender reveal doesn’t impact my life at all but I do find them self centered and unnecessary...but again I guess you can say that about a lot of things in life.

You seem to be very invested in pregnancy posts. Making plans for the near future?

Ok, good. I thought I had just read a pregnancy question recently. But it stood out because they made the point of saying they weren’t pregnant...

Last edited:
Ehhhhh not to mention the fact that the Disney website clearly says that expectant mothers shouldn’t ride Splash Mountain.
Hahahaha omg excellent point! I can't believe I did that, I am pregnant and super bummed out I can't ride Splash for our Dec trip, how did I forget and suggest that :rotfl2:

I am so glad I had my daughter before the whole gender reveal became a thing. I would have wasted so much time trying to make it speshul.

Have a member of the party you trust to go buy a pink or blue baby Mickey ears. You are positioned in front of Splash Mt Sign or go to the little kid play area under the railroad or in front of the drop at the rail. Take one pic without the ears with eyes closed. Have party member place ears on your head and take pic of your reaction when revealed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!