Splash Mountain refurb in January?

Tink9721

DIS Veteran
Any idea if Splash will be closed in January? I know it didn't close in Jan of this year, so figured it would probably close in 2020, but I haven't seen it posted yet. I'm crossing my fingers - our last trip in Jan 2018, and we arrived the day before it went down for refurb. We got to ride it twice, but it's our favorite ride and we usually ride it every time we're in MK. We arrive Jan 8, and I'm hoping it's open for at least part of our trip 🤞

When it closed last time it was done in 2 phases if i recall correctly. The 2nd one was 1/8/18.
Currently the only thing they have listed is the RR. I have always thought they were pretty good about putting the info out there. I'd say there is good hope

When it closed last time it was done in 2 phases if i recall correctly. The 2nd one was 1/8/18.
Currently the only thing they have listed is the RR. I have always thought they were pretty good about putting the info out there. I'd say there is good hope

Thank you! I was pretty sure I remembered the 2018 closure being announced by this time in 2017, because we booked that trip in early November and purposely scheduled our arrival day around the Splash refurb.

Thank you! I was pretty sure I remembered the 2018 closure being announced by this time in 2017, because we booked that trip in early November and purposely scheduled our arrival day around the Splash refurb.
Spalsh was closed on 8/28/17 - 11/16/17 then it was reopened for the holiday rush, then closed again 1/8/18-2/1/18 (I think) to finish the refurb

Ack! Our first trip was in January 2015, when it was down for refurb - and now its going to be down for our next trip! Kids have never been able to ride - Monday the 6th is our planned MK day. May have to look at Saturday or Sunday options for MK.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter