Splash mountain

LindaY

Earning My Ears
is Splash Mountain scheduled for work done in October? When I tried to do fast pass on it this week for Oct 11th is just said something about them not being scheduled. Not the usual no more FP left. Just curious, it was top of my list.

is Splash Mountain scheduled for work done in October? When I tried to do fast pass on it this week for Oct 11th is just said something about them not being scheduled. Not the usual no more FP left. Just curious, it was top of my list.
Yes, it is scheduled to be down in September and October.

Wait... September and October?? What about November? Anyone know??

Someone told me (on these boards), that it would be down in during my stay (Nov 7th to Nov 14th).
PLEASE tell me November will be good!!!

When they do a long refurb like this, is the work concentrated on the exterior paint or mixed with the inside? I remember last long refurb when they fixed all the falling rock work that the outside was looking great and vibrant but seemed like the inside was still old and dusty. I know they are always working on the animatronics to get everything back up and running and repairing the ride system but curious about the interior

When they do a long refurb like this, is the work concentrated on the exterior paint or mixed with the inside? I remember last long refurb when they fixed all the falling rock work that the outside was looking great and vibrant but seemed like the inside was still old and dusty. I know they are always working on the animatronics to get everything back up and running and repairing the ride system but curious about the interior
The entire attraction is being worked on.

Its a typical splash refurb. Paint, repair, etc.

I believe they were talking about any updates on what will be going down during Splash's normal Winter refurb. I know you were saying it is early because something else big will need to be down at that time.

I believe they were talking about any updates on what will be going down during Splash's normal Winter refurb. I know you were saying it is early because something else big will need to be down at that time.
Nothing big has been announced yet. Usually something goes down in January such as Kali River Rapids or the Riverboat. It would be very rare that nothing would go down in January.

All disney rides take a heck of a beating...these rehabs, while disappointing, really need to be done every other year at a minimum.

12 hours a day, 365 a year at high capacity is really taxing on the systems and the scenary

If I had to float a guess for the big Jan rehab, I'd go with Pirates - given the pending announcement about the auction scene.

Splash was COVERED in scaffolding, with a big crane behind it, during our trip a couple of weeks ago. Hoping Irma didn't disrupt things too much.

If I had to float a guess for the big Jan rehab, I'd go with Pirates - given the pending announcement about the auction scene.

I'm going in January and I was thinking that exact same thing - and even though POTC is one of my all time fav rides and it's always on my Disney to do list, I'm in the camp of welcoming the update.

So if it means this trip I can't ride it, I shall be okay :thumbsup2

Although I am looking forward to riding SM now its got all this work taking place.

Last year at this time, Big Thunder was down for refurb, so I am wondering if this means August/September/October 2018 will be Space Mountain's turn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!