Splendid China

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
We visited this park a couple years ago. The premise is a good one, but it was beginning to look rather unkempt and a bit worse for the wear. Just wondering if anyone has been there more recently. Have things improved? I'd love to visit again, but not if it's the same (or worse!)

Since your visit there have been some management changes and a renewed commitment to bring the park back to its previous standards.

I haven't toured the models recently, but I can report that the "Mysterious Kingdom of the Orient" show (which plays in the early evening) is still top-notch and the best entertainment bargain in Orlando. Admission to the show is included in the park admission or you can purchase a separate ticket for just the show.

Does admission to the show still include dinner and has the food gotten better? I remember the meal tasted quite vile!

The meal is still the same cafeteria-style food as before, but I believe they have smartened things up a bit there, too. The new management are making a big effort to correct two years of mis-use by the previous managers and, while they still have a lot to do to smarten up a lot of the exhibits, they are definitely moving in the right direction. Most importantly, the maintenance budget has been increased and you no longer see things like overflowing waste bins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter