Split stay - 2 dining plans???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica Ladd

DIS Veteran
We have a split stay or I should really say 2 reservations back to back at the same resort. First one with kids the second without. Both have the DDP. How can I make sure that we use up all the meals/snacks from the first reservation before touching the ones for the second reservation???

All the credits from your reservation need to be used up by midnight check-out day or you lose them. Same with your second reservation. So on your last day res.#1/first day res.#2 finish up the credits from res.#1 even if it means stocking up on snacks/take-out meals (sandwiches) etc. before using res.#2 credits. Speak to somebody at the front desk to make sure res.#1 credits do not get cancelled when you "check-in" during the day for res.#2 and your second ddp gets activated.

Yes. I get worried they will start taking my second res food credits. I don’t think we will even need any credits from the second stay on that transition day

Yes. I get worried they will start taking my second res food credits. I don’t think we will even need any credits from the second stay on that transition day

No worries at all. The credits for the 2nd stay are not available to you on transition day until ALL credits from the first stay are used up, including snack credits. If you want to have a paper trail, just in case, get a print out of remaining credits when you check out of resort #1.

New question - we have a split stay with DDP on both reservations.

First two nights 5 adults. Second two nights 2 adults. I want to upgrade second 2 night stay to the DxDP. I need to use TS credits from the second stay but don’t want to lose the snacks and QS credits from the first stay that are left. We plan on these TS meals first 3 days -

Day 1 - Ohana- 5 TS credits
Day 2 - Cali Grill just me and dh - 4 TS
Day 3 - H&V - 5TS credits (kids check out day)

We will likely use some of the QS and snack credits on the first 2 days but not all of them before we need the TS credits from the second plan. Will I lose the remaining snack and QS credits if I use TS credits from the second stay? Sorry do know how to ask it any more clearly!!

New question - we have a split stay with DDP on both reservations.

First two nights 5 adults. Second two nights 2 adults. I want to upgrade second 2 night stay to the DxDP. I need to use TS credits from the second stay but don’t want to lose the snacks and QS credits from the first stay that are left. We plan on these TS meals first 3 days -

Day 1 - Ohana- 5 TS credits
Day 2 - Cali Grill just me and dh - 4 TS
Day 3 - H&V - 5TS credits (kids check out day)

We will likely use some of the QS and snack credits on the first 2 days but not all of them before we need the TS credits from the second plan. Will I lose the remaining snack and QS credits if I use TS credits from the second stay? Sorry do know how to ask it any more clearly!!

You will either lose them or you won't be able to use the new plan until you use them. I'm not sure how the system actually does this. You definitely will not be able to use the 2nd plan AND keep the 1st plan leftovers.

Funny. So I just called WDW and the CM I spoke to said there would be no problem to access some credits from the 2nd DP without losing any credits from the first DP. I took down her name and extension and will try a few more times to see if I get different answers! C’mon pixie dust!!!

You’ve been given the answer as to how the dining plans operate. Trying to trick cm into giving you the answer you want vs the true answers during a PANDEMIC no less is not good play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!