Split Stay and Refillable Mugs

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
We are staying 4 days each at OKW and the BCVs. We will have the Dining Package at each. Will we get two sets of refillable mugs? If so, do we have to? Any help would be appreciated

Yes you get a refillable mug for each resort package that includes dining. You don't "have" to get the second set if you don't want it. Just an extra souvenir to take home. There may be different designs at the different resorts.

Yes, you get mugs with each dining plan.

Just as a cautionary tale - I recently came back from a split stay with the dining plan for each stay and long story short - transition day was rough. I would suggest going to the front desk of the first resort and actually check out before you leave, and be prepared to not see any of your second dining plan credits until you use every single credit from the first one.

I have a question. I’m staying only one night at Coronado springs on a Friday in December. Have a late flight coming in. I’m checking out Saturday morning and have the grand Floridian booked Saturday- Saturday. My dining plan is only on the GF booking. I’m planning going to Epcot upon Coronado check out and not getting to the GF until late that night. If I want to get a qs breakfast at Coronado before headed to the park, can I grab my mugs at Coronado under my dining plan to use that Saturday morning? I plan on doing online check in for both so I don’t see why not. I just want to be sure.

I have a question. I’m staying only one night at Coronado springs on a Friday in December. Have a late flight coming in. I’m checking out Saturday morning and have the grand Floridian booked Saturday- Saturday. My dining plan is only on the GF booking. I’m planning going to Epcot upon Coronado check out and not getting to the GF until late that night. If I want to get a qs breakfast at Coronado before headed to the park, can I grab my mugs at Coronado under my dining plan to use that Saturday morning? I plan on doing online check in for both so I don’t see why not. I just want to be sure.

You should be able to, as long as your dining plan is active. We've picked mugs up at other resorts our last two trips no problems.

Just as a cautionary tale - I recently came back from a split stay with the dining plan for each stay and long story short - transition day was rough. I would suggest going to the front desk of the first resort and actually check out before you leave, and be prepared to not see any of your second dining plan credits until you use every single credit from the first one.
We have a split stay also but three resorts. We have a dining plan for the first three nights at Saratoga, we don’t have one for our next two nights at fort wilderness cabins, then we have the dining plan for our last nights at Saratoga. My nephew and his fiancée want to do California grill and we’re consideringnsaving two of their first three table service meals until the day we check into fort wilderness. Will those two credits still be on their plan on their check out day if they use them the night they check out and don’t have another plan that day?

I suggest the same for split stays. Unfortunately, not many people realize what a pain the system can be.

We have a split stay also but three resorts. We have a dining plan for the first three nights at Saratoga, we don’t have one for our next two nights at fort wilderness cabins, then we have the dining plan for our last nights at Saratoga. My nephew and his fiancée want to do California grill and we’re consideringnsaving two of their first three table service meals until the day we check into fort wilderness. Will those two credits still be on their plan on their check out day if they use them the night they check out and don’t have another plan that day?

Yes. Just make sure the credits are redeemed prior to midnight on the day of checkout.

Also, be sure to stop by the front desk at Saratoga and ask them to fully check you out in their system, so it makes for a smoother checkin process at FW. Then do the same when returning to Saratoga from FW. Also, you can ask them for a print out of your credits.

I suggest the same for split stays. Unfortunately, not many people realize what a pain the system can be.

Yes. Just make sure the credits are redeemed prior to midnight on the day of checkout.

Also, be sure to stop by the front desk at Saratoga and ask them to fully check you out in their system, so it makes for a smoother checkin process at FW. Then do the same when returning to Saratoga from FW. Also, you can ask them for a print out of your credits.
I always ask for a print out of our unused credits when checking out of the first resort, just to make sure!

Thank you so much. We don’t usually change resorts and plans but we are using my nephew’s vacation club points and it’s how it worked out. Not that I’m complaining. I’ll take a trip to Disney anyway I can get it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter