Split stay, can you make all. your dining reservations based on the date of the first reservation?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
If you have a split stay booked, with tickets and a package included with the first stay (room only for second) can you make all your dining reservations for the entire trip based on the check in date of the first stay (and full stay tickets on that package)?

No, they are treated as separate reservations. You would make your first reservations 60 days out from your check in date at your first resort, then the rest of your reservations 60 days out from your second reservation. I really wish Disney would change this policy. I love doing a split stay but doing ADRs twice is challenging.

Just did my ADRs for a January split stay of 3,1,3 and 3 (1 night in AKL Club) and had no issues getting what I wanted.

Each set of 3 reservations was made on the first available ADR date for that stay, so had to do this 3 times. I am staying in a 1 BDRM AKL Jambo House and then I have one additional night in a 1 BDRM Jambo House Club Level.

We are doing a split stay in Jan and the window for our first reservation opened last Sat. I made the ADR's for the first stay online at 6 AM, then called the dining number (407-939-3463) at 7 AM. The CM was very helpful and made all of the ADR's for our second stay. It was the first time I've ever tried to do that, but it sounded as if this was something the CM dealt with all the time - no big deal at all.

When booking for our previous two split stays, I called the dining reservations phone number and the CMs I spoke to were able to "combine" our stays on the back end which allowed us to book all our ADRs at once. I don't know if this is common practice, but both CMs I dealt with made it a very easy process!

I really wish Disney would change this policy. I love doing a split stay but doing ADRs twice is challenging.
Highly unlikely. If I remember right, you used to be able to make all your ADRa for the entire trip at the beginning date for your first stay. So it seems that they have already changed the policy, around 10 (?) years ago. So at this point, I don't see them changing it back.

They are separate and its annoying because you usually save the best restaurants for the end of the trip, and those are the ones without the extra days to book, making the reservations harder to get on already hard to get restaurants

For us, it is not a big deal. I have generally been able to get what we want, though we don't do as many TS as we once did. The food quality/pricing have both gotten so out of hand, TS dining just isn't as appealing as it once was. Our most recent ADR, the food was just so-so. My pasta was mushy. As usual, the 'vegetables' were only garnishes, not what I would call an actual serving of vegetables. We also waited a solid 15minutes to be seated, even though the restaurant was less than 50% full. My companions' meat was decent.

FYI, I also had a online order completely disappear, even though the screen showed a confirmation code. I never got the email. The restaurant had no record of my order. They did believe I placed it, so I think it is a known issue. On top of that, when I went to re-do the order, WDW was having a property-wide problem with gift cards. If anyone tried to use a gift card, the gift card came up as having a zero balance. When I went to redo the order, this happened. So I had to use a credit card. It was doubly annoying. All day, we were unable to use gift cards to buy anything, and it was our last day, so we did not have the option of buying items another day.

This leaves me even less eager to dine on Disney property.

So that is mostly my solution. If I want any hard-to-get dining, we plan it for the day we have best odds. If we have a split stay, I book it on the last day of our longest stay.

One positive is that MDE now shows a wider range of availability of the days you choose. (not just 1-2pm. but all lunch openings for that day.)

Yes, I’ve done a split stay and made dining reservations for everyday by calling the morning of at 7am, 60 days out. Also sometimes the cast members can see availability that isn’t displayed online or on the app so it was a win-win.

You're not supposed to be able to anymore. They used to allow this, but people would intentionally book a split stay and cancel the first reservation after booking their ADRs. The first reservation was just an extra one they made to be able to book dining reservations extra early. They got to then keep all the dining reservations they made. People find and abuse loopholes in everything, it seems.

No you cant, found that out on our last trip... wasnt a big deal just added to the pressure !!!!...lol

When booking for our previous two split stays, I called the dining reservations phone number and the CMs I spoke to were able to "combine" our stays on the back end which allowed us to book all our ADRs at once. I don't know if this is common practice, but both CMs I dealt with made it a very easy process!
wow, this is way better than what I've read some people do which is make a "dummy" reservation that spans the entire length of their stay so the whole window opens and then cancel it once the 60 days opens for their last split.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter