Split Stay Check in/out

MGTDisney

Earning My Ears
We’re doing a split stay between Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Do we have to make sure they’ve checked us out of Polynesian before we can check in at Grand Floridian?? TIA!

I would do so. We have only done one split stay and it never occured to us to let the first hotel know we were checking out. When we got to the second hotel, we went to the front desk to see if a room would possibly be ready, as it was only 9am and we were not planning on going to the parks that day, and the CM mentioned that she would have to check us out of the first hotel.

Last edited:
Yes, I would definitely check out of the first hotel of the split stay.::yes:: We do splits all the time and we make sure that we check out of first hotel before checking into 2nd. Additionally, if you are on the DDP and have any credits left over that must be used by the end of the day, I always suggest asking the front desk to print you out your unused credits. I had a problem one time with that, so I always ask the front desk to do that just "in case"!:goodvibes

We’re doing a split stay between Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Do we have to make sure they’ve checked us out of Polynesian before we can check in at Grand Floridian?? TIA!

We've done 8 split stays now and have never checked out of resort #1 with zero issues. We always call housekeeping to let them know the room is free, but never gone to the Front Desk and checked out.

I wanted to check out of the Poly this year, before I checked into Pop. I was assured by the Poly staff that it wasn’t necessary and they were right.

I haven’t checked out of a Disney resort in many years.

For awhile, at least, there were issues when they started the bands. So you had to, or wait for the second hotel to do the process.

I haven’t heard of actual issues with it for a couple years now so o doubt you have to anymore.

I've done a few split stays. I always go to the front desk to check out after Bell Services has picked up our luggage and refrigerated items to move to the next resort. I like to do that so they know that the room is available to be cleaned.

We’ve been automatically checked into the next resort when we were still in the room from the first one with no issues.

We seldom do split stays, but every time we did, we had to check out of the first before checking into the second.

I've never had to check out. Just did it in August left Pop for Boardwalk... got room text for BW before we even finished with Bell Services at Pop which was about 9am.

Another question regarding check-in during a split stay: We will stay in January at BWI for 2 nights/3days booked as a package. We finally booked 1 extra night before at the contemporary to be as close as possible from MK on the first morning (we will drop our luggage at CR on the morning to be transferred towards BWI).
I'm suddenly asking myself if we will not be "forced" to check-in anyway at the BWI before we can access to any parks with the tickets linked to the package. If so the extra night at the contemporary will become useless.

We will get our first set of magicbands from the CR at our arrival, linked to our MDE account so I was hoping we can access the parks regardless we showed up at BWI in the morning or not.
Can you reassure me on this point?

Another question regarding check-in during a split stay: We will stay in January at BWI for 2 nights/3days booked as a package. We finally booked 1 extra night before at the contemporary to be as close as possible from MK on the first morning (we will drop our luggage at CR on the morning to be transferred towards BWI).
I'm suddenly asking myself if we will not be "forced" to check-in anyway at the BWI before we can access to any parks with the tickets linked to the package. If so the extra night at the contemporary will become useless.

We will get our first set of magicbands from the CR at our arrival, linked to our MDE account so I was hoping we can access the parks regardless we showed up at BWI in the morning or not.
Can you reassure me on this point?

You should have no problem accessing the parks without going to BWI first.

You should have no problem accessing the parks without going to BWI first.

This. We did the same thing last year with no issues. My parents did have trouble with their tickets trying to enter the park (no idea why, my sister's and mine worked fine), but guest services activated them, no need to go to the resort the package is at.

We've never experienced any issue leaving a resort without checking out. Can't see how this would be a problem at all.

I used to follow the don't bother to check out advice. I don't anymore. Last time we had a split we left YC and headed to AKL. It took the CM 20ish minutes to check us out of YC and then into AKL. It would have been much less annoying to just stop by the desk at YC and have that done before we left.

This. We did the same thing last year with no issues. My parents did have trouble with their tickets trying to enter the park (no idea why, my sister's and mine worked fine), but guest services activated them, no need to go to the resort the package is at.
Thank you!

I've done many split stays and never let a hotel know I'm checking out. I just did it last week and had no issues when I went to the other hotel and asked for a room to be ready earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter