Split Stay DDP Question

DisneyDiana

DIS Veteran
I know that I must use my DDP credits from my first stay before using credits from the second stay but I will be by myself for the first part. So here's where I'm not sure what will happen...I will be getting the DXDDP for the first three nights of my AKV stay. After three nights I will be checking out and meeting my parents. We will all be staying together in a 1 Bedroom villa with the regular DDP. I will have credits left over and will be using them for dinner that night at Cali Grill. My question is since they are not included in the first stay, will they be able to use their QS credits for lunch and get their refillable mugs before I use my old DXDDP credits since they were not on my original reservation?

I think they will. I did something similar a few years ago and I was able to use my new QS credits before I used my leftover sit down credits later that night.

I know that I must use my DDP credits from my first stay before using credits from the second stay but I will be by myself for the first part. So here's where I'm not sure what will happen...I will be getting the DXDDP for the first three nights of my AKV stay. After three nights I will be checking out and meeting my parents. We will all be staying together in a 1 Bedroom villa with the regular DDP. I will have credits left over and will be using them for dinner that night at Cali Grill. My question is since they are not included in the first stay, will they be able to use their QS credits for lunch and get their refillable mugs before I use my old DXDDP credits since they were not on my original reservation?

I don't think we've ever had this scenario on the DIS. I think it's very likely they will not be able to do so, because the credits are tied to the room, not individuals, but it just depends on how the system sees you in this whole set-up.

All is not lost, though. Just tell them to charge anything they eat back to the room and then get guest services to straighten it out later. Getting the mugs shouldn't be a problem.

Please come back and let us know what happens.

Thank you for the replies. I think to be safe I'll have them charge their lunches to the room as suggested and see if guest services can take care of it later. I'd hate to have my deluxe credits go toward a couple of sandwiches or burgers and not be able to use them at Cali Grill. Our trip is at the end of July but I'll report back.

I have a similar situation. We will be there next week, starting first at AKL then Boardwalk. I'm wondering how long I can use the first set of DDP credits. I know it says until midnight of check ot. But midnight of checkout overall, or the first leg?

You have two separate, consecutive reservations - so all credits from the Dining Plan on the first reservation have to be used by 11:59 PM on the day that reservation ends.

I have a similar situation. We will be there next week, starting first at AKL then Boardwalk. I'm wondering how long I can use the first set of DDP credits. I know it says until midnight of check ot. But midnight of checkout overall, or the first leg?

Midnight of check out from AKL will end that stay's dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter