Split stay Disney direct & DVC points

hmdsnow360

Earning My Ears
So I’m thinking about booking Caribbean beach through Disney Thursday, Feb 6 through Monday the 10th. Then renting points 2/6-2/14.

So couple questions.
If I do a split day how do I get my stuff from one resort to the other
Also if I have the dining plan The first half of my trip and have dining points left well they expire the day I leave or can I use left during the second half of my stay?

To move your luggage from one resort to another you can either bring it to bell services when you check out of resort 1 (or call bell services to pick it up at your room) and have them move it to resort 2, or you can take it over to resort 2 yourself if you are using car service/ rideshare/ driving (you can not take luggage on monorail, or the Disney park busses as an example).

Dining plan credits expire at midnight the day of checkout from resort 1. You can get dining plan on both reservations if you wanted to as there's no discount for buying multiple days (not like there is for park tickets).

To move your luggage from one resort to another you can either bring it to bell services when you check out of resort 1 (or call bell services to pick it up at your room) and have them move it to resort 2, or you can take it over to resort 2 yourself if you are using car service/ rideshare/ driving (you can not take luggage on monorail, or the Disney park busses as an example).

Dining plan credits expire at midnight the day of checkout from resort 1. You can get dining plan on both reservations if you wanted to as there's no discount for buying multiple days (not like there is for park tickets).

Do you know if there is a charge to have your luggage transferred to another resort?

Do you know if there is a charge to have your luggage transferred to another resort?

Nope, no charge. Just be aware that it doesn't happen instantly; they'll wait till afternoon to transfer the luggage. This service works best for people who want to drop their luggage at bell services, spend the day at the parks and then head over to their next resort later in the day. If you want to go straight to the next resort and hang out there, or you anticipate needing your bags before late afternoon, you're better off taking the bags to your next resort in a car, cab or Lyft/Uber/Minnie Van.

Nope, no charge. Just be aware that it doesn't happen instantly; they'll wait till afternoon to transfer the luggage. This service works best for people who want to drop their luggage at bell services, spend the day at the parks and then head over to their next resort later in the day. If you want to go straight to the next resort and hang out there, or you anticipate needing your bags before late afternoon, you're better off taking the bags to your next resort in a car, cab or Lyft/Uber/Minnie Van.

Correct, there is no charge. I do tip anyone who handles our luggage, if I see them to do so.

@Lynne M makes a good point- the luggage can take a while if you have Disney move it (I think the official word is 5 hours but I've seen less or more than that so I'm not sure).
Depending on what your plans are for the day, pack accordingly. Take what you'll need for the park if that's where you're headed (and I usually try to anticipate what I might need right when we get back such as pajamas for DS2, in case I have to call/ wait for the bags when we're back later on, as an example). In some cases, we've gone to breakfast and then headed to resort 2 to go in the pool, so I pack our swimsuits, flip flops, and sunscreen in a small tote and we've been fine until our luggage is available. I prefer to go to a park on the day I switch resorts but it doesn't always work that way for our plans.

Correct, there is no charge. I do tip anyone who handles our luggage, if I see them to do so.

@Lynne M makes a good point- the luggage can take a while if you have Disney move it (I think the official word is 5 hours but I've seen less or more than that so I'm not sure).
Depending on what your plans are for the day, pack accordingly. Take what you'll need for the park if that's where you're headed (and I usually try to anticipate what I might need right when we get back such as pajamas for DS2, in case I have to call/ wait for the bags when we're back later on, as an example). In some cases, we've gone to breakfast and then headed to resort 2 to go in the pool, so I pack our swimsuits, flip flops, and sunscreen in a small tote and we've been fine until our luggage is available. I prefer to go to a park on the day I switch resorts but it doesn't always work that way for our plans.

Thank you! Great tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!