Split Stay/Magicband???

kandb

DIS Veteran
We have a 4 night BWI and a 4 night GF stay coming up in August (8 nights straight). We are getting 2 sets of magicbands. Will both sets of magicbands do the exact same thing? Will the magicband for BWI, open the room door at the GF? If they do the exact same thing, why do they send 2 sets of magicbands?

We have a 4 night BWI and a 4 night GF stay coming up in August (8 nights straight). We are getting 2 sets of magicbands. Will both sets of magicbands do the exact same thing?

Yes.

Will the magicband for BWI, open the room door at the GF?

Yes.

If they do the exact same thing, why do they send 2 sets of magicbands?

Because every on site stay entitles each guest to a Magic Band. You can either decline one set, or get them both and have different colors to choose from each day. My wife has about 6 of them, all different colors.

Yes, they will both work the same. You get two because Disney does not recognize a split stay, to them you just have two reservations. You can decline one if you don't want it. I have two of every color in the old ones and 3 or 4 of the new ones, one of which I've switched out onto a carabeaner.

If they do the exact same thing, why do they send 2 sets of magicbands?

You can get a mb for each reservation. That’s what a split stay is to Disney; more than one reservation.

You can decline them once you have one, if you wish.

On our last split stay my daughter enjoyed switching the pucks in the magic bands to make multi colored ones.
What is a puck?
We used one set of MBs on our split stay earlier this month even though another set was offered at the 2nd hotel.
Easier to keep them on than go through the "turmoil" of ensuring they were properly closed. One of my kiddos lost 3 his first trip and I'm just not going thru that again, LOL.

I have more than 50 magic bands. You're issued a set with EVERY separate room reservation, and a split stay is just two or more separate room reservations. You can decline them now, or I'd have even more of them.

A puck is the insert in the middle of the newer, "round" magic bands. It can be removed from the band and carried, or switched into another magic band...you do need a mini screwdriver to get it out.

We're doing a stay with FOUR hotels (I've lost my mind!) I don't really want 20 mb - so if I decline 3 sets of them, the reservations will all be on the one MB, right? So I'll be okay to just take on set and everything for our whole stay will be on that one set, right?

I like the idea of making multicolor ones though!

We're doing a stay with FOUR hotels (I've lost my mind!) I don't really want 20 mb - so if I decline 3 sets of them, the reservations will all be on the one MB, right? So I'll be okay to just take on set and everything for our whole stay will be on that one set, right?

NOTHING is actually stored on the Magic Band. A MB is merely a key that accesses your MDE account. These "keys" are interchangeable - just like all the multiple keys to your front door that you have all open the same lock. All your resort reservations, ADRs, FPs, tickets, etc. are stored in your MDE account.

Steve

NOTHING is actually stored on the Magic Band. A MB is merely a key that accesses your MDE account. These "keys" are interchangeable - just like all the multiple keys to your front door that you have all open the same lock. All your resort reservations, ADRs, FPs, tickets, etc. are stored in your MDE account.

Steve

That makes sense. Thanks! So as long as I have one set of MBs linked to MDE, it can access all my MDE info and I'll be good to go it sounds like.

That makes sense. Thanks! So as long as I have one set of MBs linked to MDE, it can access all my MDE info and I'll be good to go it sounds like.

Yep! Every set of bands is automatically linked to your account (and the person you matched each band to). Unless you 1) decline a band or 2) specifically deactivate a band, all bands on your account will access all your MDE info.

Steve

Why not get at least 2 sets in case someone loses one of their bands? You never know. It would be nice to have a backup.

Why not get at least 2 sets in case someone loses one of their bands? You never know. It would be nice to have a backup.
I got two sets so we can switch up the colors. I'm only going to take an extra set for my 4 year old as he's the one most likely to lose his.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter