Split stay, only one set of MagicBands. Is this a new change?

jbethel77

Mouseketeer
**Edit**
Now MDE is showing an option to get magicbands for both reservations! Who knows! :)

I've just linked both of my DVC reservations to MDE for our May 2019 trip. I've been looking around at the website new changes and making sure all of our reservation info is correct. It seems it's only giving me the option to customize one set of magicbands. We always find ourselves doing a split stay. In the past we've all gotten magicbands for EACH reservation. Our last split stay was January 2018, so just wondering if this was a new change. Maybe it's related to them being DVC reservations? Makes me also wonder if we will get separate magicbands when we purchase our AP's?
It's always exciting for us (mostly the kiddos) to pick out our colors and get them in the mail! Not a huge deal, as we do have more than we can keep up with!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've just linked both of my DVC reservations to MDE for our May 2019 trip. I've been looking around at the website new changes and making sure all of our reservation info is correct. It seems it's only giving me the option to customize one set of magicbands. We always find ourselves doing a split stay. In the past we've all gotten magicbands for EACH reservation. Our last split stay was January 2018, so just wondering if this was a new change. Maybe it's related to them being DVC reservations? Makes me also wonder if we will get separate magicbands when we purchase our AP's?
It's always exciting for us (mostly the kiddos) to pick out our colors and get them in the mail! Not a huge deal, as we do have more than we can keep up with!

Thanks!

We are doing a split stay starting 10/16, 5 nights at PVC, 2 nights AK Jambo DVC, 1 night Ak Jambo cash. We had the option to get two sets of Magic Bands but chose to get just one set. The option was available had I wanted to though.

We are doing a split stay starting 10/16, 5 nights at PVC, 2 nights AK Jambo DVC, 1 night Ak Jambo cash. We had the option to get two sets of Magic Bands but chose to get just one set. The option was available had I wanted to though.

Oh goodness.. now both are showing options for MagicBands. Who knows! Lol

Get both sets of magic bands and customize them. My ds loves to decorate them.

We are doing a split stay in two weeks (DVC) and got bands for both. IMHO Disney should offer some incentive to decline the 2nd set of bands. Maybe a $5 or $10 food or merchandise coupon ? It obviously costs them something to send you the MB's. A lot more people would decline the bands if they felt they were getting something in return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter