Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

I just read the 19 new things for 2019... And Flower and Garden starts AFTER we leave. Cue tears... :sad::sad: We will actually in in Disney literally in between the 2 festivals. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

I'm pretty bummed, too. My 2nd Epcot day is 3/4 and I was pretty sure that meant we'd get to see flower and garden. The arts festival ends on our arrival day and garden starts on our departure day. It just doesn't make sense to try to fit in epcot either day. So it goes....

So, I had no idea that this PTR even existed... derp. Came over to check in on your October plans since it's THIS WEEK!!! :yay:
Woo Hoo! We are going Thursday, October 4th to Sunday, October 7th.
YAYYYYY!
Anyway, I let the idea of the adults only weekend set in first, then I added a layer, I asked (innocently) "Where should we go?". I let that set awhile with him. Which he never has any real suggestions, I am the planner for all of our trips, Disney or not. He did suggest going to see a Syracuse Football Game, but they are playing in Pittsburgh and I gave that a hard NO.
That's how you have to set it up... I just had my first experience of the husband SUGGESTING Disney! Okay, no problem. Glad you thought of that idea :teeth:

Who: Just me and Andy!!!
What: An Adults only trip to Disney World to properly do Food & Wine!
Where: Coranado Springs Resort
When: Thursday, October 4th - Sunday, October 7th
Why: Because I literally can't even tell you the last time Andy & I were away by ourselves.
This sounds fabulous! I loved staying at Coronado!

Friday: Right now I have fast passes in the morning for Magic Kingdom. So, we will probably explore a little here and then at some point head over to EPCOT in the afternoon for Food & Wine. I think we will try and see Illuminations this night.
Yay! These are our plans too. Hopefully we can meet up for a drink at Epcot! :cloud9:

Hello Everyone!!!!

I have some VERY exciting news! We are going back to Disney World soon! And it's adults only!! Woo Hoo! We are going Thursday, October 4th to Sunday, October 7th.

Andy and I have been talking about going just the 2 of us for awhile now. And just haven't pulled the trigger. We keep saying how it will be weird without the girls. And how mad the girls will be at us. (which will still be true, I am sure) BUT we decided to do it anyway!

Andy just got a new job, which is a big promotion for him. He has been at his company for a long time and he is very much looking forward to the new scenery and challenges. He will have a whopping 3 works days off between jobs. I know! 3 WHOLE DAYS! So, I casually suggested we finally go away by ourselves. (We have literally done this maybe 3 times since Morgan has been born.)

Anyway, I let the idea of the adults only weekend set in first, then I added a layer, I asked (innocently) "Where should we go?". I let that set awhile with him. Which he never has any real suggestions, I am the planner for all of our trips, Disney or not. He did suggest going to see a Syracuse Football Game, but they are playing in Pittsburgh and I gave that a hard NO.

So, yesterday at work, I text'd him and floated Disney to him. "How about going to Disney for Food & Wine?" I held my breathe. Andy loves Disney too but just not as much and I just wasn't sure. He is always the voice of reason about how much it costs blah blah blah.... that kind of stuff. I waited and waited...

And he replied "Oooooh.... all of us? Or just you and me?" I replied just us. And it was on! I ended up spending most of my (work) day scouting out flights and hotel options. So, close to leaving, it wasn't easy. But I found cheap flights on Spirit for us but at odd-is times. And the biggest problem... What to do with the girls!

My mother just had knee surgery, so she is still recovering. Which is a bummer because she would have just come up and stayed at the house with the girls for the whole time. But that wasn't an option. My youngest sister lives near us but she has a 20 month old boy and her hands full with him. My middle sister lives in NYC and would come down and stay with the girls, but with more notice than this.... Andy's sister is a school teacher an hour away, so that takes her out.

SO, that left Andy's parents. And they are more than willing to watch the girls. As long as it is at there house. Well, there is this thing called school... Andy's parents were up for coming down and picking the girls up from school Friday and taking them back to there place for the weekend. BUT I really wanted 2 full days.... Thankfully!!! Morgan and Gwen have made some great BFF Friends that have Great Parents! I texted them both and asked if the girls could come home with them on Thursday, spend the night and go to school on Friday with them. It was a lot ask but I was desperate. Thankfully both families are so so so nice and both said NO Problem!!!! (Which @ariane37 - Christina is one of those moms, so take good care of her, she said she emailed you this morning about her trip finally!)

Soooooo.... All that information that you may or may not have wanted to read leads me to these details!!!!

Who: Just me and Andy!!!
What: An Adults only trip to Disney World to properly do Food & Wine!
Where: Coranado Springs Resort
When: Thursday, October 4th - Sunday, October 7th
Why: Because I literally can't even tell you the last time Andy & I were away by ourselves.

"The Plan"
Thursday:
We land at 4:45, so we will just have time for dinner and maybe some drinks. We talked about doing a resort restaurant this night or going to Disney Springs. I suggested if we go to Disney Springs, we could do the The Void and maybe just have a light dinner at Jock Lindsey's. But I do like the idea of going to a restaurant that we wouldn't do with the girls.... Just not sure which one.

Friday:
Right now I have fast passes in the morning for Magic Kingdom. So, we will probably explore a little here and then at some point head over to EPCOT in the afternoon for Food & Wine. I think we will try and see Illuminations this night.

Saturday:
Right now i have fast passes in the morning for Hollywood Studios. Andy wants to do Tower of Terror as the girls refuse to ride this. So, I was able to get that and Rock n' Rollercoaster. We are debating as to whether we should avoid Toy Story Land so that we can enjoy it for the first time with the girls or not. We will head over to EPCOT then for more Food & Wine. Magic Kingdom is open late this night, so, maybe we will hop over there for the fireworks.

Sunday:
Fly Home, we leave at 10:50 in the morning. So, it will be just get up pack and go today.

So! I need suggestions of good things for Adults only! Some items I have kind of thought about so far:
  • The Void
  • La Cava de Tequila
  • Baseline in HS
  • Park Hopping
  • Food & Wine (obviously)
  • Tower of Terror (just because our children hate this ride)
  • I want to hopefully really soak in some of the countries in EPCOT. Just wander and take in the details.
Suggestions? Other things to hit or do?!?
Haven’t been keeping up! We are there the same weekend. We leave tonight after school—way too late. Have a great time. We however, have all three kids in tow. Staying in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. A first for us. We are usually dvc.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

We have been busy! We went up to New York to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday this weekend. It was a fun but tiring weekend. On Sunday, we meet up with my girlfriend from college. I hadn't seen her in forever! (Like I hadn't met her 4 year old boy yet forever) But it was great, I love those good friends that even if you haven't seen them in a long time but when you do get together it's like you had just the other day.

Well, when we got there, we all sit down in the living room and my girlfriend asks how we have been. And Morgan immediately blurts out "Mommy and Daddy are going to Disney World WITHOUT us!" Oye! Throw us under the bus much?!? Well, we get to talking and turns out that my girlfriends husband DESIGNED the Morimoto Asia restaurant! Kind of cool. I have a reservation for there Thursday night and I was still wavering on it but now we are def going to go and check it out! Anyone gone? Recommendations on what to order?

We leave in 2 days!!!Woo Hoo!!!!

My children are trying to give me last minute guilt and anxiety. Last night Gwen threw up in the middle of the night. So, I didn't sleep well last night worrying if she had a stomach bug and was going to spread it around to all of us. She of course, woke up this morning just fine! But now I am just a tired mess. Sigh....

I don't have too much to report on the planning front. The February Trip has been pushed to the back of my mind for now. I have decided that if I want to push annual passes, it will be better to talk it up ON this trip and shoot for a Feb 2019 trip, a summer trip, and then a Feb 2020 trip all on the say annual pass.

I am hopefully going to have two dis-meets this trip! @pepperandchips and @ArielSRL will both be there at the same time! I am soooo excited about this. There is almost never anyone there at the same time as me!

So, I guess my other question would be... For the folks that have already been to Food & Wine. What is your one (or two) must try things?!?! I have been reviewing and reviewing the menus and there is just soooo much I want to try!

This is what we do when we get AP's. We go in February and August (or Sep) and can get 3 trips out of 1 annual pass.
Like I said above, I am working on this! September might be a good time as well. Andy really liked our September trip.

Oh and I think Andy should try a summer trip! I despise the heat, I'm never outside during the summer at home but I deal with it at Disney because it's Disney. Like you said, you figure out what works for you as far as summer touring. He won't know if he hates it or not till he tries lol!
I know!!!!! I need to elaborate on what I was thinking for the summer trip. Maybe we will take a walk around the boardwalk/Yacht Club. Let him see what the Beach and Yacht Club pool looks like. maybe that will help with my arguement.

I'm pretty bummed, too. My 2nd Epcot day is 3/4 and I was pretty sure that meant we'd get to see flower and garden. The arts festival ends on our arrival day and garden starts on our departure day. It just doesn't make sense to try to fit in epcot either day. So it goes....
I know! I was really bummed about it at first. But I have since kind of gotten over it. I am reallly glad that I booked a sit down meal already!

So, I had no idea that this PTR even existed... derp. Came over to check in on your October plans since it's THIS WEEK!!! :yay:
Glad you made it over!!!! I have a hard time keeping up on everyone too. I think I need special invitations to everyone's TR and PTR!

This sounds fabulous! I loved staying at Coronado!
I am looking forward to giving it a try! It is always fun to try a new hotel.

Yay! These are our plans too. Hopefully we can meet up for a drink at Epcot! :cloud9:
YEAH!!! Can't wait to meet you in person!

I'm very late but I'm here!
Glad you made it!

Haven’t been keeping up! We are there the same weekend. We leave tonight after school—way too late. Have a great time. We however, have all three kids in tow. Staying in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. A first for us. We are usually dvc.
A friend of ours stays at the cabins, as they have 4 kids. They love it! Have a great trip!!!! Enjoy!

How exciting that you're only two days away!! Oh my goodness!! And I can't believe that your friend's husband actually designed a Disney Springs restaurant!! That makes me even more excited to hear about your review of Morimoto Asia. I'm trying to remember what Nathan's favourite things were at good and wine last year, but I mostly just remember getting a lot of messages from him where it was evident that he was feeling like a kid in a candy store. :goodvibes I hope you have a great trip!!

2 days how exciting! Sounds like you have a good reason to try Morimoto Asia now!

My fave dishes at F&W are the cheddar cheese soup in Canada and pork slider in Hawaii! But there's soooo many good options!

My fave dishes at F&W are the cheddar cheese soup in Canada and pork slider in Hawaii! But there's soooo many good options!
I LOVE that cheddar cheese soup! But ugh it was SO hot last month I couldn't bring myself to get it :sad: Two of my favorites this year and last are the Beef Stroganoff from the Cheese Studio and the Chocolate Picante from Flavors of Fire :thumbsup2

Two days!!!!! Eeeep!!!!
I know! And now only 1 day!!!

That makes me even more excited to hear about your review of Morimoto Asia. I'm trying to remember what Nathan's favourite things were at good and wine last year, but I mostly just remember getting a lot of messages from him where it was evident that he was feeling like a kid in a candy store. :goodvibes I hope you have a great trip!!
That is how I feel, like I will eant to try everything and there will def not be enough time!

2 days how exciting! Sounds like you have a good reason to try Morimoto Asia now!

Both of those are on my list.

I LOVE that cheddar cheese soup! But ugh it was SO hot last month I couldn't bring myself to get it :sad: Two of my favorites this year and last are the Beef Stroganoff from the Cheese Studio and the Chocolate Picante from Flavors of Fire :thumbsup2
They are saying 90 degrees and sunny both days. Which I am not complaining but it does make Cheese Soup seem not as apealing. And pretty much everything from Flavors of Fire is on my list!

Did Steve try that Mule from Italy at the Quick Service Booth? I have to remeber to try it.

Ooh and Ariella the Banana Almond Soft-Serve Sundae at the Almond Orchard Booth was 100% more awesome than I ever thought it could be!
Interesting... I would have totally passed on that.

You trip report inspired me to do the same!! We are going in August for Dh's bday and were staying at 6 nights CBR, DH wanted to at the CR, but even with military discount we were looking at more than double... I wasn't willing to spend double the money. I was able to get 2 nights at ASMo, 3 at CBR and 3 at CR for $500 less than the 6 nights at CR that DH wanted.

Now... how to I keep the Contemporary Resort part a surprise 317 days?!?!

Hi Everyone!!!!

We are back from our trip. We had a great time! But man was it HOT!!!!! I think I will do a quickie dinning report about it. Hopefully I can start it this weekend.

But the good news?!?! I think I swayed Andy to do Annual Passes for all 4 of us starting on our Feb trip!!! We talked about doing the adults only trip again next year and invite 2 of our friends to come without there kids also. And I convinced Andy that our summer trip would be mostly swimming at the pool and going to the parks at night. And he really liked that idea.

So, here is my question... I know there is a ticket hike coming, will that effect the annual pass costs as well? or do they do that later? I was hoping to just upgrade them when we are there in February. And if I need to buy them ahead of time, do they become active when I buy them or when we go to use them the first time?

It actually wasn't on my list to try! But one day it was just SO-FREAKING-HOT, and I needed ice cream. We were by the booth and I said, eh, I'll try it! Very glad I did because it was much different and better than I thought it would be :thumbsup2
It was so hot for us as well! It was crazy hot!!!

You trip report inspired me to do the same!! We are going in August for Dh's bday and were staying at 6 nights CBR, DH wanted to at the CR, but even with military discount we were looking at more than double... I wasn't willing to spend double the money. I was able to get 2 nights at ASMo, 3 at CBR and 3 at CR for $500 less than the 6 nights at CR that DH wanted.

Now... how to I keep the Contemporary Resort part a surprise 317 days?!?!
YEAH!!! I am so excitied that you are doing it as well! It really helps to triple/split stay to pay for those $$$ hotel nights!

Ah the filet at Morimoto was amazing. Zack had the orange chicken and proclaimed it the best hed ever had
We had a great meal there! We ended up not getting either of these things but THANK YOU for the recommendation and pics! There was just too many things to choose from!

I hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!!!
Thanks! We had a great time!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!

We are back from our trip. We had a great time! But man was it HOT!!!!! I think I will do a quickie dinning report about it. Hopefully I can start it this weekend.

But the good news?!?! I think I swayed Andy to do Annual Passes for all 4 of us starting on our Feb trip!!! We talked about doing the adults only trip again next year and invite 2 of our friends to come without there kids also. And I convinced Andy that our summer trip would be mostly swimming at the pool and going to the parks at night. And he really liked that idea.

So, here is my question... I know there is a ticket hike coming, will that effect the annual pass costs as well? or do they do that later? I was hoping to just upgrade them when we are there in February. And if I need to buy them ahead of time, do they become active when I buy them or when we go to use them the first time?

It was so hot for us as well! It was crazy hot!!!

YEAH!!! I am so excitied that you are doing it as well! It really helps to triple/split stay to pay for those $$$ hotel nights!

We had a great meal there! We ended up not getting either of these things but THANK YOU for the recommendation and pics! There was just too many things to choose from!

Thanks! We had a great time!!!
So yes there could be a price hike on both APs and tickets. What you can do now is buy AP vouchers. You pay the current price and the vouchers stay in your account. They don’t become active until you actually visit for the first time using them. I don’t know the current expiration date but I think it’s like 2030.

For your Feb trip you can call in and remove the tickets from the package. So they would become ticketless packages and you could keep the dining plan. And hey, maybe you then can add MK or Epcot for a few hours when you were planning no park days? Allow you more freedom with other days and also allow you to hop after you do afternoon breaks

Oh and you’d need to go to a Guest Services or ticket booth to get the physical AP card that you use for discounts. (Which again, you may want to check AP or TiW discounts with meals to see if that’s better than dining plan?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter