Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

I assume you are thinking of the DC Air and Space? Only reason I ask is because we live about 10 minutes from the version out in the 'burbs (Udvar Hazy Center) that has all the old airplanes & even a space shuttle in it.
I didn't know this existed!!! We will have to see that some time! (And maybe plan ahead and see you guys as well) We did do the Air & Space and the Natural History Museum. We kind of did an overview of both.

If you wanna send me a note on where you are staying I'll see what may be near.
So, we actually already came and went. It was SUPER short. We drove down Sunday and came back late yesterday. It was short and sweet! It is only a 2-1/2 to 3 hour drive for us. so, not bad.

In equally exciting news, we decided to go to Disney for the Princess Half Marathon instead of the Star Wars so we should be there at the same time as you!!!!
OMG!!!! That is soooo exciting!! We will def need to meet up. I know you don't plan out too much for your trips. But we should figure something out.

Oh man I didn't realize you were here YESTERDAY!! We were in West Virginia for the weekend so that wouldn't have worked anyway. Hope you all had a good time. I didn't realize you were so close.

I'm so behind, I'm sorry!! I know everyone has answered these for you but I'm giving you my 2 cents anyway :D

Has anyone stayed at one and used uber? This is Andy's strategy for staying there. He has become a Huge Uber fan!
Steve and I were at Pop in May and used the buses and the Minnie Van - we love the Minnie Vans. But of course they are more expensive than Uber! The buses were really fine, we basically used the Minnie Vans when we were running late or to go from Pop to another resort.

I assume, I would need to do these as 3 separate bookings? I think I am just going to do them as room only for now
As others have said, yes. And I know you're booked now so YAY!!! Did you do all as room only or is Pop a package? If you did Pop as RO, just know when and if you change to a package the RO will have to be completely cancelled and you'll have to rebook the package which means another deposit and they won't just keep the same room for you, but since you aren't going during a super busy time you shouldn't have trouble with availability :thumbsup2

So, speaking of that, I know that your credits are good till midnight the day you check out. I wonder if checking in a room only reservation will mess anything up? I def think we will have credits to use.
Nope! Always good until midnight of package checkout day :)

I mean what is the worse that happens with going back down to a Moderate,
We didn't do deluxe to mod but in 2014 we did mod to value - POFQ to a LM room for a few night. While overall I was the only one who was somewhat happy with the LM room since I'm the only girl lol, it wasn't bad. We felt the difference but again, we knew we were going to a value, were in the parks except to sleep and did not have a miserable experience. And we're actually kind of going deluxe to mod in Nov. if you consider SSR a deluxe; and we have a one bedroom going to CSR (hoping to change to FQ) simply due to discount availability. Would I prefer to do it the other way around? Yes. Is it going to suck for our trip? Don't think so. We may say when we switch that we wish we were still at SSR but I can't see it ruining things, and it's not like you're going from the Poly to a Motel 6. I think your plan is good :goodvibes

Morgan's Picks

So, I finished the questionnaires for the girls. Alot of there answers were not surprising to me but there were a few good insights. And of course I am already thinking of OTHER things I should have asked... Like what color magic band would you want... As I get to pick 3 for each of us!

First is Morgan's (only because I took pics of hers first)

Untitled

Items that I found interesting from the 1st sheet:

• I love that Morgan picked a VERY specific time frame for the next trip! 2 weeks over her birthday! She took out her new school planner to find exact dates!
  • Not wanting to be at Disney ON Christmas isn't surprising. I figured as much. BUT apparently being in Disney over Easter didn't turn out so bad, apparently!
Morgan's Favorite Memories:
  • Her favorite is talking about the first trip when Gwen was just shy of 3 and she called It's a Small World "the dolly ride" And she just LOVED it. We still love it. But I thought it was sweet that, she included Gwen in her favorite memory.
  • Her worst memory, is when I basically dragged her on Everest the first time. She had said she wanted to ride but was chickening out. But I thought she would like it once she was on it. Well, she rode the whole time with her head between her legs, which I am SURE made for an awful ride. Oye! But we bounced back and now loves it!
Untitled

Items that I found interesting from the 2nd sheet:

The first question about when they want to know, is a constant topic in our house. Morgan REALLY liked helping with some of the planning last time. So, this wasn't a surprise. BUT it does cause issue, because **spoiler alert** Gwen said the day of. She REALLY wants to be told as we are headed to the airport. So, I am not sure how we are going to pull this off. Morgan could barely keep the secret last time.

I am also thinking that I will keep the part about staying at the Poly a secret to them. And perhaps other parts of the planning as well.

Morgan's choice for Favorite Restaurant, I was SUPER suprised by 1900 Park Fare. So, I pressed her a little about it, why was it her favorite, etc... Turns out she meant Cinderella's Royal Table! She was combining the memory of meeting the princesses with the strawberry soup at 1900 park fare... But thank goodness! I REALLY didn't want to eat at 1900 Park Fare again. The food was just ok. We went to Cindy's on our very first trip and never since. So, I def think I am going to try and work that into our plan for this trip.

Morgan's least favorite Restaurant... Whispering Canyon... makes sense.... The time we went she shared the All you Care to Eat Platter with Andy and I and stole all of the good red meat off of it. And when the waitress came over to check on us, Andy told her that she took all the meat. And the Waitress "scolded" her, as they do there. And Morgan started crying.... :confused3

The last item of interest was that Morgan picked Fantasmic as her favorite night time show. Which I was NOT planning on doing, as I was going to do Hollywood Studios as a 1/2 to 3/4 day and then check in at the Poly. I guess we could leave it as an option to go back to watch it... But I am thinking no.

As others have said, yes. And I know you're booked now so YAY!!! Did you do all as room only or is Pop a package? If you did Pop as RO, just know when and if you change to a package the RO will have to be completely cancelled and you'll have to rebook the package which means another deposit and they won't just keep the same room for you, but since you aren't going during a super busy time you shouldn't have trouble with availability :thumbsup2
I did book Pop as a package! And then the other 2 are just room only. I think it will actually work out well. We should be able to use our cups for the other 2 hotels, which will be useful at the Poly since we will actually be spending the day there. And I really prefer the coffee down in the food court to the room coffee. So, I will take advantage of that!

I am trying to stack the buffet / flat rate sit down reservations during this part, to make the most of the Dinning Plan. more on that to come. Andy was shaking his head at me, trying to plan out all of our meals now... Months and months in advance.

I'm so behind, I'm sorry!! I know everyone has answered these for you but I'm giving you my 2 cents anyway :D
I will forgive you... I am behind on many of the trip reports. Summer is too busy for me. And I am sure you have been busy! How is the recovery going?

Nope! Always good until midnight of package checkout day :)
Excellent! I am thinking that we will do Ohana on the day we check into the Poly. So, we will def check in before eating here. I am thinking of not doing online check in for the Poly, so that I can make sure they can check our credit balance before we actually check in. It would be nice to do online check in and put an estimated arrival earlier than 3 but I think it will be worth it. Any thoughts on that? I am thinking it might not matter but probably just a good idea?

Morgan will be considered an adult $$$! So, it will def be worth it to do this on the Dinning Plan. Hopefully I can pay out of pocket to get my Lapu Lapu in a pineapple. And get the girls drinks in a pineapple as well. I had heard you can pay the difference to do so.

We may say when we switch that we wish we were still at SSR but I can't see it ruining things, and it's not like you're going from the Poly to a Motel 6. I think your plan is good :goodvibes
Thanks! I am kind of excitied about it. I think that is part of what I love about Disney, enough though it is the same place, we keep and can do slightly different things on each trip. This def feels like it will be a different expierence! If we like this, I might do this again with the Beach Club!

Gwen's Picks

Please enjoy Gwen's spelling while reading hers. I think you can figure out most of what she wrote... She of course, in true Gwen fashion, was kind of a pain filling this out. She kept saying she didn't want to do "homework" over the summer. OYE! This girl.

Untitled

Things I found interesting from Gwen's 1st Page:
Her saying she wanted to go tomorrow... I figured this would be both of there answers... I mean don't we all?!?!

She said she wanted to see what "Cool" things that Disney does for Valentines' Day. I am thinking she would be disappointed.

Both girls put the Poly down for wanting to stay there next. So, I am thinking our 2 night stay will be a BIG hit! Def am thinking of keeping it a surprise till that morning that we need to switch hotels.

Gwen's Favorite Memories:
She is always talking about how Tink leaves them things each morning. So, I guess all my stressing and planning pays off! I wonder if she will be more upset to find out that Santa's not real or that Tink isn't actually leaving her gifts....
And I take her answer about not saying her worst memory as either she has one that she is embarrassed about OR she just couldn't think of one... who knows. I wasn't going to press the issue. I was just curious about that they were going to say.

Untitled

Things I found interesting from Gwen's 2nd Page:
Oye! She really really REALLY wants to be surprised ON the day we leave. I am thinking that if we book a 11:00 flight on that Friday, it shouldn't be too hard to do. We can wake her up like she is going to school but instead of going to school just head to the airport. The problem with this... Morgan... I am not sure she can keep it a secret!

I do think I need to tell Morgan, I think part of why Morgan was a litte upset before Disneyland was that she didn't know ahead of time and I had said I would let her know before the next trip... But that was DisneyLAND not Disney World...

Gwen's Favorite Restaurant... The Car at the movie theater thingy.... otherswise known as Sci-Fi Drive Inn. I want to do this again but Andy is kind of meh about it.... The problem is that our Hollywood Studios day is our last day on the dinning plan, and I really want to use our dinning credits for Ohana that night. (A MUCH better value than Sci-Fi) So, I am entertaining the idea of just paying out of pocket for an early lunch there. Andy and I could easily split a meal there, especially at lunch time. And it's not like the counter service is that great at Hollywood Studios. My only fear is that we will have counter service credits left over.

Gwen's least Favorite Restaurant... Clearly Gwen doesn't like to dwell on the negative...

Gwen's Favorite Walk Up Restaurant... That says Chef Mickey... I couldn't even read it... Which isn't counter service, She said she wanted to check it to Gaston's Pub because of the macaroons. (see her favorite snack)

And her favorite Night time show... World of Color in Disneyland (well, really California Adventure) @Lesley Wake - A shout out to your neck of the woods! She really loved that show. Which I find of interesting. It is a great show, but I could see some kids being a bit bored with it. Guess I don't have to worry about fitting in her favorite night time show!

I love that Morgan picked a VERY specific time frame for the next trip! 2 weeks over her birthday! She took out her new school planner to find exact dates!
I love how thought out she is! You have a future WDW super planner in the works!

Whispering Canyon... makes sense.... The time we went she shared the All you Care to Eat Platter with Andy and I and stole all of the good red meat off of it. And when the waitress came over to check on us, Andy told her that she took all the meat. And the Waitress "scolded" her, as they do there. And Morgan started crying....
Oh damn, I can imagine that would be upsetting for her!

Gwen’s answers are so cute! And I guess -No Haunted Mansion!
And her favorite Night time show... World of Color in Disneyland (well, really California Adventure) @Lesley Wake - A shout out to your neck of the woods! She really loved that show. Which I find of interesting. It is a great show, but I could see some kids being a bit bored with it. Guess I don't have to worry about fitting in her favorite night time show!
You guys should come at Christmas time-I like that WoC version better! They make the fountains into a huge Christmas Tree! And there is no hard-ticket event at DL, so the parade and Christmas fireworks are everyday. Plus gingerbread smelling snow on Main Street and outside small world! And the holiday overlays on Haunted Mansion and Small World are excellent-if Gwen likes Nightmare before Christmas then she’d like that version of HM! Oh and all the cars themed decorations in Carsland, and redwood trails get all christmas-Ified, with jingle bells hanging everywhere and that’s where you meet Santa! ... sorry for going off on a tangent-I love DL at Christmas!

What is your absolute favorite ride? Dinosaur
What ride do you hate the most? Mission Space
I find both of these answers interesting! Dinosaur! I don't hate it for sure. Have you been to DL? The Indiana Jones version is pretty cool and I am sure you would love it!

I kind of forgot about Mission Space. I survived it last time, not sure if I would do the orange side again.

What sit down restaurant do you want to eat at again? Sanaa
Bread Service!!!! Yummmm. It kills me but I think I will have to skip it this coming trip. :(

Which park is your least favorite? HS, although I do like them all. I'd skip this one if I had to because there aren't a lot of rides there I like
I think this is what a lot of people are thinking right now. But I know that will change soon enough! Soon it will be because it is too busy!

What hotel would you like to stay at? BC/YC
Def on my bucket list too.

What was your worst memory from all of your trips? Our second trip when I got sick for most of it.
Def a worst memory. Being sick away from home is the worst, no matter where you are.

What is your Favorite Snack in Disney World? Poutine from The Daily Poutine
I want to try this possibly this trip if we make it to DS. There are so many things to try at DS!!!

What was your favorite walk up restaurant? Satuli Canteen, Dluxe Burger
I def want to try both of these this trip!

Gwen’s answers are so cute! And I guess -No Haunted Mansion!
Yup! No Haunted Mansion.... I did get her to tentatively accept trying it again next trip. So, we will see.

You guys should come at Christmas time-I like that WoC version better! They make the fountains into a huge Christmas Tree! And there is no hard-ticket event at DL, so the parade and Christmas fireworks are everyday. Plus gingerbread smelling snow on Main Street and outside small world! And the holiday overlays on Haunted Mansion and Small World are excellent-if Gwen likes Nightmare before Christmas then she’d like that version of HM! Oh and all the cars themed decorations in Carsland, and redwood trails get all christmas-Ified, with jingle bells hanging everywhere and that’s where you meet Santa! ... sorry for going off on a tangent-I love DL at Christmas!
I def want to do that! One day.... one day....

Do I see that Gwen wants to help plan desserts? If so a girl after my own heart.

I'm gonna steal your idea after our next trip and see what Casey would pick. Not sure if we will tell her or surprise her this year. I'm thinking surprise since it would be an awesome birthday present, but we shall see.

I think this is what a lot of people are thinking right now. But I know that will change soon enough! Soon it will be because it is too busy!

Definitely. For me soon it'll be too busy, and have too much Star Wars :rotfl:

Def a worst memory. Being sick away from home is the worst, no matter where you are.

It was the worst because I just wanted to be home the whole time, and then I also felt bad for not enjoying vacation :sad2:

I want to try this possibly this trip if we make it to DS. There are so many things to try at DS!!!

I agree, all the restaurants on my wishlist are in DS.

I def want to try both of these this trip!

They're so good I definitely recommend!

Do I see that Gwen wants to help plan desserts? If so a girl after my own heart.
Ditto! This was my thought too!

Gwen knows her #priorities

:rotfl:

I loved reading the girls' surveys. I am so like Morgan though... I would have cried at Whispering Canyon too at that age :) My family used to have an ugly Christmas sweater they passed around at Christmas, and we do a gift exchange between the cousins. When I was 8 or so, someone wrapped it up for me. That story still comes up because I was so disappointed but just so polite about it :rotfl: Like, "thanks so much" *looks heartbroken*

This is so cute! What a great idea you had to help get some feedback from them without ruining the surprise prematurely. And now you'll have those answers to look back on when they're older and smile about!

The funny thing is, she is more of a salty gal than sweet. But I guess Disney is the exception to the rule for her. She loves the Cheddar Popcorn that you can get in those bags. She would pick that over a Mickey Bar.

I'm gonna steal your idea after our next trip and see what Casey would pick. Not sure if we will tell her or surprise her this year. I'm thinking surprise since it would be an awesome birthday present, but we shall see.
Steal away!

Definitely. For me soon it'll be too busy, and have too much Star Wars :rotfl:
Ha, This family can never have too much Star Wars... Well, that's actually not true.. I have limit!

Gwen knows her #priorities

:rotfl:
That she does.

I would have cried at Whispering Canyon too at that age :) My family used to have an ugly Christmas sweater they passed around at Christmas, and we do a gift exchange between the cousins. When I was 8 or so, someone wrapped it up for me. That story still comes up because I was so disappointed but just so polite about it :rotfl: Like, "thanks so much" *looks heartbroken*
At least you were polite about it!

This is so cute! What a great idea you had to help get some feedback from them without ruining the surprise prematurely. And now you'll have those answers to look back on when they're older and smile about!
I already have more questions! Oye!

Restaurant Roulett:

So, I realized that my 180 day mark is coming up fast and I am thinking of trying the fake reservation to book a little bit earlier... So, I need to buckle down and make some decisions...

So, We have a 4 night Dinning Package which means I need to pick (4) Sit Down Meals. OR (2) 1-Credit Restaurants and (1) 2-Credit Restaurant. Which is what I am leaning towards doing.

I think we are pretty much set on BOMA & Ohana as the two 1-Credit Restaurants.

The question is what to do for the last restaurant. I am considering:

• California Grill
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse
  • Boathouse
  • Cinderella's Royal Table
  • Hoop Dee Doo Review

California Grill
  • We could get there easily on our Magic Kingdom Day.
  • Not sure if the girls will like it. There is a steak on the menu that I am sure Morgan would love.

Yachtsman Steakhouse
  • I def want to try this out. And I know Morgan would love a really good steak.
  • But it would be kind of a pain to get to on our Magic Kingdom Day.

Boathouse
  • Was thinking we could go to the day we arrive. Might be kind of fun to have a fancy first meal.
  • I was looking at the menu, and was actually wondering if we could maybe only use table service credits for Andy and I and save Morgan and Gwens for lunch one day. POP for the girls, so Morgan can eat off of the kids menu possibly? I assume we could do that....
  • But she could get a steak here as well.
  • I had heard that you can "pool" your credits for dessert and get the Baked Alaska. Which if so, I know the girls will get a big kick out of that. But we would have to all order a regular meal that way.

Cinderella's Royal Table
  • This is really only on the list because Morgan said she wanted to go again.
  • But Andy is not dyeing to go back. And I did ask Morgan this weekend if she would rather go here or to a place with really good steak. She said she would be ok with either. So I am leaning away from CRT.
Hoop Dee Doo Review
  • I just added this to the list. So, I am still kind of wrapping my head around the idea...
  • Andy has mentioned he wanted to do this again. We could take the boat from MK over to FW and then back after...

If I had to choose RIGHT now, I think it would be between California Grill & Boathouse...

What would you pick if you had just 1 from the above...

Hmmm...tough choices! I'd potentially pick Hoop if it were my trip, but with the information you gave about your trip...maybe Cali Grill is my vote? I don't think you can go wrong with such great choices!

I would go with Cali Grill for the view. I love that restaurant. They also have really great food, including very sharable flatbreads.

For me definitely California Grill. Not sure what is on the kids menu, but no chance you and Andy would be disappointed. Plus I'm guessing if you timed it around fireworks the girls would enjoy it. We've done Boathouse once and it was fine but I don't think it is anywhere in the same league as Cali Grill.

Now if it was Casey she'd pick Hoop Dee Doo hands down :-)

Also had to laugh at the dichotomy that is as us we are going at the same time and 180 days isn't even on my radar and you wanna book a fake reservation :P

Thanks for all of the votes! I have been thinking about it, and I think I am going to go with California Grill. And try to time it around the fireworks... I think it will be a great exprience for us. There is a steak on the menu, so I am sure Morgan will be happy. My other thought was if she didn't want the steak, and just wanted a flatbread or something, OOP for her meal. Actually, I am looking at the menu again now, and it might make sense to POO for Gwen as well.

On another note, I just saw that Tomorrowland Speedway will be closing at the end of the year for some track work for Tron. The girls will be super bummed about this being closed for awhile. Me and Andy... not so much... It doesn't sound like it will be closed for that long, which is a bummer, as I assume that means they won't be doing much other than changing the track. It needs new cars BADLY!!!!

Hmmm...tough choices! I'd potentially pick Hoop if it were my trip, but with the information you gave about your trip...maybe Cali Grill is my vote? I don't think you can go wrong with such great choices!
Thanks. Hoop is what I am wavering on still a little. But Cali sounds like more of a better food expierence. And it is always nice to at least do one new restaurant. And I "think" the rest might be repeat places for us.

I would go with Cali Grill for the view. I love that restaurant. They also have really great food, including very sharable flatbreads.
Thanks.

Also had to laugh at the dichotomy that is as us we are going at the same time and 180 days isn't even on my radar and you wanna book a fake reservation :P
Ha! right?! Hey we can compliment each other that way... The only reason I want to do the fake reservation is that Ohana is silly hard to get a time that isn't 3:30 or 10:00. I would like to eat at a normal dinner time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter