Split Stay Poly and Beach Club - Which one first/second?

evlaina

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are booking our first ADULT-ONLY trip for December 2020 :woohoo:

This is also our first-ever split stay. We are set on 3 nights at Polynesian (my choice) and 3 nights at Beach Club (his choice). We've never stayed at either. Any preference on which we should stay at first? Prices aren't that different, so that has no bearing on days. I'm thinking Poly first then BC simply because:

1, We always go to MK first and it's closer to Poly
2, I assume FP+ will be available for Rise of the Resistance by Dec 2020, so I want to push Hollywood Studios days further into our trip, and we will walk from BC to HS.

That's really it. Thoughts from those that have stayed at both? And do you agree with 3 nights at each if we're doing a 6-night stay?

I love your idea! Those are our favorite two resorts too. The monorail at Poly is great, but once I'm at the BC being able to rely on my feet wins over all forms of transport! I always miss being able to walk to Epcot and HS if at the Poly, so I'd definitely do Poly first then BC. Have an amazing trip!

We’ve done a few Poly/YC splits, so generally equialvent to what you are considering (we prefer YC to BC, but it’s effectively the same experience).

I personally think it’s a great split. A little MK time..... a little Epcot/DHS time... best of everything.

I definitely recommend Poly first then BC.

3 nights is the minimum we’d generally do for a split. The time will still go by fast, but it can be a good chance to get a little sample of each resort/CL/resort area... and if for some reason one doesn’t suit you, you’re not locked into a longer stay.

Two thumbs up from me!

We actually did this exact split last summer! We did Beach Club first, followed by Poly. I usually book splits with our favorite resort (or the resort I’m more looking forward to) 2nd. I love split stays and do them every trip. There’s nothing better than experiencing the best of both worlds. I hope you both have a great time, sounds like fun!

I love your idea! Those are our favorite two resorts too. The monorail at Poly is great, but once I'm at the BC being able to rely on my feet wins over all forms of transport! I always miss being able to walk to Epcot and HS if at the Poly, so I'd definitely do Poly first then BC. Have an amazing trip!
Thanks!

I was going to say bc 1st since I also like Poly better and would feel let down moving away from Poly to go to bc.

But, you bring up a good point about picking the resorts near the parks that you’re visiting so, Poly 1st while going to mk and bc while going to Epcot and Hs, sounds like the right way to do it.

Have fun!!

We’ve done a few Poly/YC splits, so generally equialvent to what you are considering (we prefer YC to BC, but it’s effectively the same experience).
I actually only chose BC over YC because YC is pet-friendly and I didn't want to be around dogs. Do you find YC better?

I actually only chose BC over YC because YC is pet-friendly and I didn't want to be around dogs. Do you find YC better?

10-4, I understand. FWIW, I’ve stayed at YC several times since they started allowing dogs and other than a morning run or two, I have not seen a dog anywhere around the resort. Of course that could just be my timing, so YMMV.

(Oddly, the most canine influence I’ve had when it comes to a Disney resort was at GF... but that’s a story for another thread)

We personally like YC better - we find it quieter, more relaxing, prefer the more modern/renovated rooms vs BC, prefer the dining options, etc. We like knowing we’ll (99%) have a balcony vs the variations you can get at BC. YC CL is a personal fav (was recently there). It’s also where we’d want to be on an adults only trip.

Granted we’d be perfectly happy to stay at BC too, but given the choice we’d usually pick YC. Obviously very subjective!

Our favorite two resorts! We’ve done this split before as well. We did the Poly first and then the BC (BC is our absolute favorite), but either way really works. If you’re planning HS at the end of your trip, I’d book the BC second.

As others have posted, splitting between a monorail and Epcot resort is the best of both worlds. We've stayed at both and while the BC was nice, the Poly is my favorite, so I'd do BC first and end with the Poly. Have a great trip :wizard:.

If you tend to do MK first, I would start at Poly and end at BC. I also find BC a little more laid back, so, personally, I would like that vibe to end my trip! We also love YC, but you really can't go wrong with any of the EP resorts. BCV is actually my absolute favorite. It's quiet, has great access to the BC QS and buses and is SO close to the EP IG entrance! If a BCV studio is available, you may want to consider it!

We did this same split last year but YC instead of BC. We did Poly first then moved to YC but we spend more time in the EP area. We also park hop a lot so other than the fact that we love to walk into EP at a whim, resort location is less of an issue for us. If you usually start your trip at MK then I'd say to start Poly then move to BC.

We used to do MK/ Epcot splits. I don't why, but we always did the MK resort first. It just seemed like the right order, but for the life of me, I don't know why. Go with what feels right.

We’ve done this exact split stay twice as well! We did BC 3 nights followed by 6 nights at the Poly (my favorite). Based on your plans going to Poly first seems to make the most sense. Have a great trip!

That's a normal split for us too! I agree with everyone here - base your resort on your park/dining plans. MK is also the park we normally go to first, so I usually opt for the MK resort first. Then I plan DHS and Epcot days for our stay at the Epcot resort. Plus, for us, the Epcot-leg of our trip is normally the slower paced/laid back portion, and we like ending our trips that way. We enjoy leisurely time at the pool there and also the ability to control getting to the parks via walkways to both Epcot and DHS. If we happened to score a spontaneous FP at MK during the Epcot resort stay, we enjoyed the walk through Epcot and then hopping on the monorail to get to MK. Not the quickest route, but we always enjoyed it.

My husband and I are booking our first ADULT-ONLY trip for December 2020 :woohoo:

This is also our first-ever split stay. We are set on 3 nights at Polynesian (my choice) and 3 nights at Beach Club (his choice). We've never stayed at either. Any preference on which we should stay at first? Prices aren't that different, so that has no bearing on days. I'm thinking Poly first then BC simply because:

1, We always go to MK first and it's closer to Poly
2, I assume FP+ will be available for Rise of the Resistance by Dec 2020, so I want to push Hollywood Studios days further into our trip, and we will walk from BC to HS.

That's really it. Thoughts from those that have stayed at both? And do you agree with 3 nights at each if we're doing a 6-night stay?

We have done this exact split many times. Your reasons are sound for the order. Also, it just feels magical to stay at a resort with a view of the castle first! The MK is where we always start as well, perhaps partly due to habit/tradition, but also lately because the MK has the easiest FP+'s to get early in the trip.

Many people like the YC better than the BC for the reasons mentioned. However, we also love the BC and have chosen it over the YC on many occasions. We actually like the atmosphere there very much - it feels livelier. We also really like being on the end near the beach, closer to the BW for there attractions over there, and feeling like we are actually staying IN WS in Epcot. The woods view rooms at the Epcot end of the BC are relatively inexpensive, have a 'secret' entrance and are great for listening to music from Epcot while enjoying your balcony/patio. We do request a full balcony, but haven't always gotten one, so there is a risk of standing room only balconies here.

Your split of 3 and 3 is perfect, IMO. We use the rule of thumb to stay 3 nights at every resort in a split stay. IMO, you can't get a feel for the resort with a shorter stay and the split feels less 'settled' to me. The only exception to this is the occasional one night stay at a value when arriving really late. Then it is simply a spot to sleep before we move to our real vacation time the next morning. However, even this is rare as I like to wake up at the resort I am staying at on my first day.

This is my absolute fav split! It gives you the best of all worlds and the ability to plan park days to minimize travel issues.

Enjoy your trip!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter