Split stay questions

Ela1972

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are doing a very split (maybe 4 hotels šŸ˜±šŸ˜±) stay when we visit LA this summer.
4 nights at universal, 2 nights next to angels stadium (taking in a baseball game - a first for us ) then...

We are thinking of doing
4 nights at best western park place inn followed by 4 nights at Disneyland hotel. - we wanted to do all 8 nights at the Disneyland but the cost was exorbitant!

my questions are:
We are getting a 5 day ticket with park hopper - this includes 1 extra magic morning which we were going to use on one of our 3 park days at Best western - so when we move to the Disneyland hotel we should also get early mornings for those 2 days. Is this correct?

would it be better to book the tickets separate from the Disney hotel?

While I am asking how is the WiFi now in the parks? Being from the UK data charges are ridiculous so we only use WiFi. The only worry is getting a ROTR boarding group but I donā€™t really want a Ā£80 plus phone charge if I have to use mobile data!
Thank you
Ela

Wifi at DL is very bad compared to Wifi at WDW.

Since you're ending your trip at the DLH and you're going to be at DL prior to that, you should buy your tickets separately from the DLH reservation.

Re: the Angels Stadium-area hotel, have you considered just staying an extra couple of nights at BWPPI and taking an Uber, Lyft, or the ART bus to/from the stadium? That way, you'll lose less time in having to pack up again and move your stuff to the next hotel.

Wifi at DL is very bad compared to Wifi at WDW.

Since you're ending your trip at the DLH and you're going to be at DL prior to that, you should buy your tickets separately from the DLH reservation.

Re: the Angels Stadium-area hotel, have you considered just staying an extra couple of nights at BWPPI and taking an Uber, Lyft, or the ART bus to/from the stadium? That way, you'll lose less time in having to pack up again and move your stuff to the next hotel.
Thank you.
We had considered just travelling up to angels stadium but weā€™d rather have the upheaval of moving hotels for the advantage of walking to and from the stadium! Iā€™m packing a separate suitcase for each 4 night hotel plus the other will have essentials for all hotels in - we can take 2 x 22kg suitcases each on our flight for free so this should help. Weā€™ve also planned in a lot of rest days to recover from jet lag and so we hit the parks on mainly quiet days.

As much as I like Universal, I would think 4 nights there would be overkill. Universal Orlando I could maybe do for that long, but not California.

Whatever you do, sounds like you have a great trip planned.
Hi, the 4 nights are to deal with the time difference it is 8 hours and we arrive at 8pm at night so straight to bed on check in! The first day we will be up ā€œvery earlyā€ or middle of the night as a native Californian may say šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ have a gentle park day and crash mid afternoon, then the 2nd day is a write off really so we will hit the park hard on the third day!

Thank you.
We had considered just travelling up to angels stadium but weā€™d rather have the upheaval of moving hotels for the advantage of walking to and from the stadium! Iā€™m packing a separate suitcase for each 4 night hotel plus the other will have essentials for all hotels in - we can take 2 x 22kg suitcases each on our flight for free so this should help. Weā€™ve also planned in a lot of rest days to recover from jet lag and so we hit the parks on mainly quiet days.

I'm probably reading this incorrectly, but you're bringing 4 pieces of luggage per person? That's a lot of luggage! :)

I'm probably reading this incorrectly, but you're bringing 4 pieces of luggage per person? That's a lot of luggage! :)
We can theoretically bring 2 pieces each but we are bringing 1 each! šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š donā€™t really want to wash so will have 1 shared suitcase for each 4 night stay hotel and the final piece with shoes/toilet bags etc.

Angels stadium is so close to Disneyland. I really wouldn't stay a couple nights over there just to see one game. Google is showing a 10 minute bus ride (from in front of Disneyland) or a $14. taxi ride. Uber/Lyft will be cheaper than the taxi.

Yes, if you have one early entrance with your ticket, you'll use that while staying at Best Western. You will have early entrance for each day that you stay at Disneyland Hotel. If you are up very early on the day that you plan to check in, you can do early entrance on your check in day, also. The early entrance is especially helpful for the days that cover California Adventure Park.

Angels stadium is so close to Disneyland. I really wouldn't stay a couple nights over there just to see one game. Google is showing a 10 minute bus ride (from in front of Disneyland) or a $14. taxi ride. Uber/Lyft will be cheaper than the taxi.

Yes, if you have one early entrance with your ticket, you'll use that while staying at Best Western. You will have early entrance for each day that you stay at Disneyland Hotel. If you are up very early on the day that you plan to check in, you can do early entrance on your check in day, also. The early entrance is especially helpful for the days that cover California Adventure Park.
Thank you that is great, just wanted to make sure we were getting the best use of our early mornings!

Iā€™d probably skip Angels hotel, BWPPI and DLH. Pick a nice, close to DL hotel like Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance for all 10 nights in Anaheim (plus earn hotel rewards for your next trip-especially if you get the hotel brandā€™s credit card ). DLH isnā€™t that amazing, BWPPI is a motel and I donā€™t see why walking to the game is important. Such a short Uber! With 5 days you donā€™t need all those early mornings.

DL WiFi is ridiculous. Save your money on DLH and pay for cell service!

Other good hotels (not motels) close by are: Residence Inn Convention Center, Hyatt House, Springhill Suites

Hyatt Place & Homewood Suites are good too but a little further to walk or use the free toy story shuttle.

Iā€™d probably skip Angels hotel, BWPPI and DLH. Pick a nice, close to DL hotel like Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance for all 10 nights in Anaheim (plus earn hotel rewards for your next trip-especially if you get the hotel brandā€™s credit card ). DLH isnā€™t that amazing, BWPPI is a motel and I donā€™t see why walking to the game is important. Such a short Uber! With 5 days you donā€™t need all those early mornings.

DL WiFi is ridiculous. Save your money on DLH and pay for cell service!

Other good hotels (not motels) close by are: Residence Inn Convention Center, Hyatt House, Springhill Suites

Hyatt Place & Homewood Suites are good too but a little further to walk or use the free toy story shuttle.
Thank you, maybe we will re-look at our plans!

Thank you, maybe we will re-look at our plans!

I definitely agree with PPs on rethinking the hotel next to Angelā€™s Stadium. I take Lyft between the train station next to the stadium and Disneyland frequently, itā€™s a 7-8 minute ride. You could probably call a Lyft and be back at your hotel by Disneyland in less time than it would take to walk from the stadium to your nearby hotel.

Personally, I would keep your stay at DLH. I love that hotel, we stay there whenever it is in the budget.

I definitely agree with PPs on rethinking the hotel next to Angelā€™s Stadium. I take Lyft between the train station next to the stadium and Disneyland frequently, itā€™s a 7-8 minute ride. You could probably call a Lyft and be back at your hotel by Disneyland in less time than it would take to walk from the stadium to your nearby hotel.

Personally, I would keep your stay at DLH. I love that hotel, we stay there whenever it is in the budget.
Thanks, we want to keep the budget manageable but my DH said he would feel sad if we finished the stay at BWPPI. We chose this particularly for the location (last time we went to Disneyland we stayed at Marriott Courtyard theme park entrance which was great ) and shorter walk for an afternoon nap!!
We are not sure whether we will come back to LA šŸ˜¢ so he really fancies staying at the ā€œoriginalā€ Disneyland hotel - this is our compromise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter