Split stay..which resorts would you choose?

Which would you do??

• All Star/Animal Kingdom Lodge

• Coronado/Animal Kingdom Lodge

• Contemporary/Animal Kingdom Lodge

• All Star/Swan

• Coronado/Swan

• Contemporary/Swan

Results are only viewable after voting.

onceuponadream

<font color=0000cc>Keeping fingers crossed<br><fon
We're staying 11-12 nights (depending on rates). Will split 5 or 6 nights at each. Which option would you choose?? Thanks for the help!

Hey onceuponadream,

We are splitting our stay between the Poly (4 nights) and AKL (5 nights)

I noticed you didn't have that option up. Figured I'd add to it.

Isn't this a fun decision to make.

I'd say go for the AKL and any of the MK resorts (we split with Poly two years ago). -HM

Sorry I can't vote either, my choice would have been AKL & Swan. Thats what we are doing in May!

Good luck.

We split our last stay four (really five!) ways...
AS Mu
PO Riverside, Magnolia Bend
Dolphin
Disney Cruise
PO Riverside, Alligator Bayou

Yes, it was lots of moving, but we loved everywhere we stayed, and got to try all levels of accomodation.

Beth

Contemporary and Swan. That way you can spend time in the MK area and in the Epcot area. Although I agree with csmommy that the swan and AKL would be the best. (the contemp does nothing for me and I have heard great things about the AKL)

Thanks for the help so far :). The Swan isn't available with the nurse rate at the beginning of our trip (only the last 7 nights). We REALLY want to try AKL if a good rate becomes available. We will have 5 in our party the first 6 nights so have to stay at AKL the latter part of our stay if we are lucky enough to get a good rate (in laws will be joining us so we will share the kids in 2 rooms). Sooo that leaves both Swan and AKL at the end of the trip. So I guess I was trying to choose between those two at the end and either a value or mod (2 rooms) or Contemporary Garden Wing (1 room) at the beginning of the trip. I know this is a bit confusing...thanks again!

I chose the AKL/Contemporary! AKL is my favorite resort on property...I love everything about the place and hope to get back there soon!! We had a Savannah view on the Arusha side and it was breathtaking! We woke up to giraffe, zebras, ect. every morning and ate breakfast in our room while watching them all! The pool was great with the Zero Depth entry and the kids enjoyed that the most because they both were just learning how to swim!

I have never stayed at the Contemporary, so that is why I would choose that one! I hope to stay there soon though, I love the idea of the Monorail through the resort!!:)

AKL is our absolute favorite so I would split the stay but if I had to, I would split between AKL & Contemporary (we have never stayed at the Contemporary)

We are splitting our stay in May between the WL and the Beach Club. That way we get to experience a MK resort and an Epcot resort. The closest you had on your list was Contempory/Swan, so I voted for that.

It looks like anything with the AKL wins hands down over the Swan! Also, many of you suggested that AKL is your favorite hotel....Maybe we will just do the 3 nights at Contemporary (or Coronado) and then switch to 8 nights at AKL. Sounds like that is by far the winner! I was actually hoping CSR or All Stars would beat out CR as we would have 2 rooms and be able to spread out a little. I guess the convenience of the monorail wins over being a little tight in the room. Plus CR rooms are supposed to be huge :). Thanks so much for all the help!

We enjoyed our split with AKL and Polynesian. I also enjoyed splitting the YC and Polynesian.

Steve

my choice isnt up there... YC and Poly.. :)
but I say Swan & Contemporary, so you will have easy access to MK and Epcot area, plus the newly renovated rooms at the Swan are gorgeous!!!!!!!

second of your options, AKL & Contemporary.

have a great time! :)

Laura :)

Tikiman

That is my dream split (Poly/AKL)! Unfortunately no good rates at Poly yet for June so Contemporary Garden View won out (for now ;)).

The only downside I see to that split is we would have to do Poly first (5 people so would need just 1 room here and 2 at AKL). I'm afraid the kids would love the monorail and volcano pool and we would love the ambiance so much that it would be hard to leave. However, it would be easier to leave the CSR and probably the CR (although the monorail is there too..) to head to AKL. This will be our last WDW trip for a while so we want to do it right though....

So many fun choices to make..if those AP rates come out boy will the choices become difficult ;).

Personally, I would split Contemporary/AKL/Boardwalk or Beach Club (if price is consideration, I would rent points). Just my thoughts.

MJames41-
We had originally considered splitting the stay 3 ways... 3 nights CR/4 nights Swan and 4 nights AKL. I'm an RN so the Swan is our Epcot resort of choice b/c of the rate. But I've heard so many great things about AKL plus the fact that we have 4 kiddos and will be attempting to do EMH so late nights are not an option to really enjoy the Boardwalk. Also, our inlaws are joining us for the last 8 nights and prefer not to split the stay (but will follow wherever we lead in reality :). I noticed you've split quite a few stays..I'm not too worried about the move it's more the packing and unpacking 3 times that may not be as easy with the six of us as staying put and only splitting the move between 2 resorts. It's funny I really would like to try ASMo, CSR, CR, Swan and AKL (not to mention WL and Poly) but only have 11 nights! I would be excited to be at ANY of them so it's so hard to choose!
Thanks a lot for your reply :)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter