Split Stay with cruise break in the middle

melpeltier

Military spouse and mom of two little gals
We will be heading down September 2018 for a cruise, and are staying at two different resorts before and after. We will have some items (park gear, packaged dry good snacks, etc) that I would love to check at Bell Services and avoid having to store that bag with us on the cruise. I know with regular split stays you can have Bell Services transfer your bags to your next resort. Will they transfer them and hold them (it’s a 4 night cruise) to the new resort until we return? Going from AKL to SSR. We won’t have a car, so taking it to the new resort ourselves would be a hurdle.

You can ask at one or the other properties, but respectfully, you dont have a split stay. You have two completely separate reservations. Is there a limit on how much luggage you can take on the cruise? Is it possible to back more strategically? Maybe we if Owner's Locker has short term capability?

No limit on what you bring on board, but storage is limited in the room. We will already be stowing a sit/stand stroller under our bed, so looking for ways to limit what we are bringing along on the cruise that we won’t be touching. I’ll look into owners lockers. Contact with Bell Services hasn’t been very helpful.

Some guests have been allowed to do what you are requesting, but others have not. You have to wait until arrival and ask at the resort; they won’t promise in advance. In which case you’ll need to have a “plan b” anyway.

The queen bed onboard does have considerable space underneath for storage. We have fit 2 large (26”) suitcases, a large garment bag, a smaller carry-on size suitcase, and a special needs stroller. You could also stand the extra suitcase in the closet. Depending on your stateroom, there may be space at the end of the desk between the desk and the wall. And I’ve read of people who stored items in the tub except for the few minutes when the shower/tub is needed.

Enjoy your vacation!

Some guests have been allowed to do what you are requesting, but others have not. You have to wait until arrival and ask at the resort; they won’t promise in advance. In which case you’ll need to have a “plan b” anyway.

The queen bed onboard does have considerable space underneath for storage. We have fit 2 large (26”) suitcases, a large garment bag, a smaller carry-on size suitcase, and a special needs stroller. You could also stand the extra suitcase in the closet. Depending on your stateroom, there may be space at the end of the desk between the desk and the wall. And I’ve read of people who stored items in the tub except for the few minutes when the shower/tub is needed.

Enjoy your vacation!
That's really helpful, thanks Judy. If you can get all that under the bed, then we should be good if we have to bring that extra bag with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!