Split Stay With Dining Plan

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
I'd like to do a split stay at AKL and BC our next trip but also want to book a package with the dining plan. I suppose I'd have overlapping days with the dining on the day I check out of AKL and check into BC, would that be correct? Has anyone done a split stay like this? If so, what was your experience?

Our family trip is not until October, but we are doing a split stay. We have rented DVC points and staying at Old Key West for our 4 night stay, so we are getting 4 nights on the dining plan. Then we are staying 2 nights at All star movies and I have decided not to do the dining plan then. I hope it works out for you and you get a lot of replys..

Thanks! I just read another thread where the poster had a similar dilemma. It made me realize that I'd have to get MYW tickets on both packages which could pose a problem. I only wanted to stay two or three nights at AKL. Maybe I should put in a call to WDW and see what my options are. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Your plan is good from the time you check in until midnight on the day you check out. Whether you have any credits left on the day you check out, is up to you.

Castillo Mom said:
Thanks! I just read another thread where the poster had a similar dilemma. It made me realize that I'd have to get MYW tickets on both packages which could pose a problem. I only wanted to stay two or three nights at AKL. Maybe I should put in a call to WDW and see what my options are. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

If you split your stay, you will need 2 packages with at least one day ticket for each resort. Split stays and packages do not work well together. You can get the dining for one part of your stay and not the other if you wish to. But the only way to have it for both, is book 2 packages with tickets.

We booked seven nights with the dining plan...then we'll be going on a cruise....and then another night at the same resort but without the dining plan. The gal told me that I could use any leftover credits from the 7 nights on our final day when we get back from the cruise. Do you think this is incorrect information? :confused3

Priorityonecb said:
We booked seven nights with the dining plan...then we'll be going on a cruise....and then another night at the same resort but without the dining plan. The gal told me that I could use any leftover credits from the 7 nights on our final day when we get back from the cruise. Do you think this is incorrect information? :confused3

I would say that is incorrect, in that it expires at midnight on the day you check out from your resort. It's a shame the staff can't get on the same page with this.

Well the dining is for the number of nights so its not like it would really overlap. Like if you booked two 5 day packages back to back that would be 9 days worth of food for ten days, so it would work out fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter