splitting an existing 6 day reservation for dining?

itsherhappyplace

Earning My Ears
Hello and thanks in advance for advice! We currently have a 6 night reservation at Jambo. Are we able to call Disney and split it into a 4/2 reservation so that we can use different dining plans? How do you recommend we do it if its possible?

Only if you change the room to a different booking category (resort, size or view) for the second portion.
Or you can change the lead name on the second reservation and keep the same room category.

But regardless, the original reservation needs to be modified from 6 nights down to 4 and the you (hopefully) book the next 2 nights.

The risk is they may make you move rooms or will merge it back again. A few years back, they eliminated this option as it was getting way out of hand,

It is the drawback of the dining plan. Some times, it’s not worth ti. But, as mentioned, to keep nights 5 and 6, you have to modify original to 4, and then rebook. If those nights are not available, you won’t be able to book.

Reason is that when you booked, you may have secured those nights as part of home resort advantage, or at the 7 month window, booking ahead of the official you u could book if you had to book that as it’s one stay.

Personally, I wouldn't risk not getting he 2 nights back and would forego the dining plan, especially if the Jambo reservation was for something that's not available when your window opens. But you may be less risk-averse than I am or not worried about ending up with only the first four nights.

You can't split a reservation. You can add nights or subtract nights. And you'll have to move to have a new dining plan for the rest of your stay.

So drop the last two nights of your AKV stay and book those in another resort or in KV, instead of JH. Then you can add a different dining plan for the last two nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter