Splitting tip between 2 groups dining together

Jadeey

Mouseketeer
We are travelling with friends and have a lot of table service meals planned together. We each have the dining plan so will be using our credits.

I know they will allow us to each use our own dining credits when eating together, do they actually split the bill so we also each charge our portion of the tip to our room? Or will the combined gratuity have to be paid by one person?

It isn't really a big deal either way because we can just take turns paying the tip each meal if we need to, but our friends are on a very tight budget and are worrying about it so I thought I'd ask.

Yes, you just ask for two different tickets! They usually sort all of that out before you order.

If your combined party is 6 people or more there will be an autogratuity applied to each check. Each party will be responsible for their own bill and meal credits.

They will ask how any dining plans you have at a table and split the gratuity accordingly. You will each get a separate check.

We were at Disney earlier this year and also had the Dining Plan. The server at each restaurant asked which people where on which check at the start of the meal which made things very simple. As others have mentioned, tip will automatically be added if you have 6 or more in your total party.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter