Spongebob Cruise?

susieq103

Earning My Ears
Hello! We love Mickey but grandaughter fond of spongebob too! She saw videos on YouTube. .also heard there is ship with biggest Aqua park (waterslides). DCL looks great but we huge fans of waterparks and DCL looks lacking. Any recommendations? It would be grandma, daughter, 3&8 yr old...NYC and Bayonne home ports..but close to ACY and can easily fly Spirit to Florida.

I think you are looking at the wrong cruise line. Norwegian has sponge bob and slides. If u look at the website it will show u which ships have nick characters. I do believe the new ship out of NYC has them. Breakaway or getaway as do a few others. (I forget which one is NYC) I haven't been on ncl yet but have seen multiple pics as we are considering them for our next cruise

Royal has shrek and other dreamworks characters

There were some special Nickelodeon cruises on Roayl Caribbean a few years back. I believe they did 2 (one out of FL and one departing from the west coast) in each of 2008 & 2009. We went on the one in August 2009 aboard the Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. Nickelodeon basically chartered the ship for the week and it was pretty much a fully-themed Nick cruise. The entertainment all week was run basically by the entertainment staff of the Nick hotel in Orlando and was Nick-centric. The regular Royal Caribbean staff and cruise director ran very few of the week's activities. We had a great time on that cruise. They had game shows out by the pool every day, and lots of other Nickelodeon entertainment going on all day every day of the cruise. Everyone had the opportunity to get "slimed" - although it was really just green water. They only used the real stuff for their shows.

Towards the end of the cruise, the cruise director and the main Nick person "Reuben" (I've never stayed at the Nick hotel, but apparently, anyone who has stayed at the Nick hotel would know who he is) said that Royal Caribbean and Nick would be announcing the details of the next year's Nickelodeon cruises "very soon"...even hinting that it was a done deal but they weren't allowed to announce it yet. It never happened. Instead, a few months later, the partnership with Nick and NCL was announced where Nick would have a presence on a few NCL ships full-time, but didn't include any fully-themed cruises. RCI later responded with announcing their similar deal with Dreamworks.

My grandaughter saw You tube videos of spongebob on Rcl..thus initially was confusing and thought this character was in "DreamWorks". Now trying to figure out when to sail...believe gateway, breakaway and epic have SP statue by pool and the characters on board. Waiting for kids sail free promotion.
Thank-you for background information.
Also plan mini trip to Nick Hotel..but read some horrible reviews but will try nevertheless!

Also plan mini trip to Nick Hotel..but read some horrible reviews but will try nevertheless!

The reviews are absolutely AWFUL... So bad, we delayed checking in til 7pm. What a mistake!!
It was FANTASTIC.
Kids beds a little creaky- other than that, zero complaints!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter