Sponsorship Of Annual Passports

Hey everyone

What a good idea for a thread! :cheer2: I only came across these boards as I was searching for more info on the Annual passports. So I'm a newbie attempting to be helpful. :wave:
I don't know if everyone is already fluent in the terms and conditions of sponsorship so I thought I'd put some translations up of them (with a little help from babblfish).

Until November 10, 2006, Sponsorship of new holders gives you additional months of access on the 2 Disney® Parks:
# 1 AP sponsored = 1 month of access offered to the 2 Disney® Parks
# 2 AP sponsored = 4 months of accesses offered to the 2 Disney® Parks
# 3 AP sponsored = 12 months of accesses offered to the 2 Disney® Parks

Advantages of new holder – they profit from a reduction on the purchase of his Annual Passport – 10%. The discount on the new holder is only valid for any person not holding an Annual Passport for the least two years.

The sponsor fills in the part of the sponsorship form relating to them. They then give the form to the person they wish to sponsor and they take it to the AP office to validate it. It then needs to be returned to the sponsor so they can take the form themselves to the AP office to benefit from their additional months. Each existing AP can only be used to sponsor 3 new AP. So for each of the three people you sponsor they all need to be on the same form.

To validate a sponsorship, the new holder will have to present themselves at the AP office, along with the sponsorship form, with or without the sponsor. Sponsorship can not be validated if the form is incorrectly completed.

If the sponsor is a minor, the sponsorship form must also be signed by a parent or legal guardian.

To profit from the months of extension, the sponsor will have to present themselves at the AP office at least one month before the AP is due to expire. If they fail to do this, they will lose the additional months gained through sponsorship.

AP holders can sponsor from the 2nd month of holding an annual pass. (Clever trick that) In the period of extension of the AP, conditions applicable to month of extension of the held Annual Passport will be those in force the day of the request for extension, for the type of Annual passport concerned.

I hope this helps some people. And now I feel less guilty about asking for someone to sponsor me – I wonder if anyone could sponsor 2 AP’s (think of those 4 extra months!!)

Jennifer

Hi nifferwilko and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Hi Jennifer, welcome to the DIS :welcome: and thank you very much for that translation!!! :goodvibes

:rolleyes: I've just read some of the shareholder material I was sent at Christmas which states I get 15% discount on annual passes (excludes sponsorship offers). That may mean I will only need 3 AP's sponsored in October for the other family travelling with us. ;)

Can anyone advise If they read this the same way? :confused3

disneyangel said:
:rolleyes: I've just read some of the shareholder material I was sent at Christmas which states I get 15% discount on annual passes (excludes sponsorship offers). That may mean I will only need 3 AP's sponsored in October for the other family travelling with us. ;)

Can anyone advise If they read this the same way? :confused3

Which bit did you read if you cut and paste it I will try to translate. I had a look but can't see what you were reading :wave:

What a fantastic idea - I wish we had had such a possibility before we purchased our AP´s.
Anyhow, we would be happy to sponsor someone else so just get in touch. This seems like a wonderfully DIS - thing to do.
We have gained so much insight and made so many friends through these boards, am happy to pass something forward. :thumbsup2

We managed to get 10% off our annual passports when we went, so thank you to TotallyAngelic for sponsoring us.
We were told however that the person sponsoring was supposed to be with us! But they let us have it anyway. We found the staff in the passport office very friendly and helpful.
We were also told that the person sponsoring us had to come to Disney the month before their passports expire to gain their extra months, which for lots of people isn’t possible, we will have to wait and see if this does prove a problem or if they will add the extra wherever you are visiting.

I now have the forms to be able to sponsor anyone, please PM me.

After Ghost's tip about getting one AP, then using that to buy the other hopper tickets, I am possibly looking for a sponsor. I know i wont save that much €18 ish, but every penny counts..

Also, does anyone know if they are refusing sponsorship if the sponsor doesnt attend with the applicant? It sounds as if Littlelizzie was let off that part of the T&C's, but I cant read it anywhere on there.

This sounds like a great idea but I think I am being a bit blonde about this and not getting it!!

We are thinking about going to DLRP in August and I would like to purchase a dream passport. My mum is going with me - will she need to get a passport as well if we both want discounts, eg the 10% off food bills?

I would be interested in getting a sponsor - am I right in thinking this means I will receive 10% off and the sponsor will get extra months on their passport?

oh APs how you confuse my poor brain :'(

Sounds like a great idea though, and I'd sponsor someone :)

tinkerbell36 said:
We are thinking about going to DLRP in August and I would like to purchase a dream passport. My mum is going with me - will she need to get a passport as well if we both want discounts, eg the 10% off food bills?
You only need one passport to get discount on food and shopping. In the case of a Dream passport the holder can get a free drink (Kir or juice) in table service restaurants. Both of you would need passports to get the drink.

tinkerbell36 said:
I would be interested in getting a sponsor - am I right in thinking this means I will receive 10% off and the sponsor will get extra months on their passport?
Yes quite correct :thumbsup2

Gillsfan said:
Also, does anyone know if they are refusing sponsorship if the sponsor doesnt attend with the applicant? It sounds as if Littlelizzie was let off that part of the T&C's, but I cant read it anywhere on there.

I think I had the same problem as Lizzie. At the ticket booth at the entrance gates the woman was determined that the sponsor had to be there. But on the back of the sponsor form that you have to present for the discount, point 7 clearly states (in french) that it is with or without the sponsor. You just need a form. The best thing to do is to buy a 1 day pass and take it to the Annual Passport office with the sponsorform to get the discounted rate. The passport office were perfectly happy to process it without the sponsor being present. I think there is some miscommunication between the main ticket sellers at the gate and the passport office.

We went to the passport offfice and it was in there they told us we should have the sponsorer with us, they however processed it without any problem and were very friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the responses Cyrano :)

Yet another question - will they refund the cost of my hopper ticket, as we are booking with the Santa Fe through DLP online and of course you get your hopper passes included in that price?

I'm really quite confused about this (not unusual :rolleyes: ). I have booked 2 nights room only in the HI at beginning September. I also intend going in November to one of the disney hotels (hopefully DLH but not sure of budget yet!).

Would it be better to buy APs for the 3 of us, and book room only in November? How much cheaper is it usually to book room only than a package? Also there is usually an offer on of a free night when we go in Nov, so we probably won't get that on a R.O. booking (?)

Obviously in Sept, we will have to buy hoppers anyway, so prob better to get APs. :confused3

Should these be Dream or Fantasy - how would I find out the blackout days on a Fantasy?

If I buy APs, is there anyone willing to sponsor 3 of us?

Thanks for reading...................

If you intend to go into the parks for 4 days or more, I think it works out cheaper to get annual passports.(when you add up the discounts you get from having a passport)
Best prices I could find for 4 day hoppers are here

http://www.365tickets.com/prodhubs.cfm?productId=71

Check out this site for annual passport comparisons, prices and blackout days. Just click on the passport you are interested in (all in english)
There are no black out days for the Dream passport and you also get 20% off one day shopping and one meal which can save alot!

http://www.dlp.info/Guide/Guest-Info/Annual-Passports/Annual-Passport-Comparison.asp

If you do want sponsoring PM me, as that will save you an extra 10%.

tinkerbell36 said:
Thanks for the responses Cyrano :)

Yet another question - will they refund the cost of my hopper ticket, as we are booking with the Santa Fe through DLP online and of course you get your hopper passes included in that price?
You'll only get the discount of a one day pass off the annual passport I'm afraid :guilty:

Hrmmm that poses a bit of a problem...If I phone DLP direct would I be able to get a room in the santa fe but only get park passes for one of us, ie my mum so I can then buy a one day ticket and exchange that on the first day? :confused3

They really need to make this process easier huh....! :rolleyes:

Cyrano said:
You'll only get the discount of a one day pass off the annual passport I'm afraid :guilty:

and I read on another forum that it has to be an undated ticket, i.e. not one that's been included with a package.

Damn.. its so difficult, I am really tempted to get a single dream passport to capitalise on the discounts and benefits then use tickets365.com to buy the hopper passes for the other members of my family.

I dont think I will be revisiting in a year, as I will be saving for WDW in Oct 07.

So... it will cost €179.. at 1.4 (roughly) = £127.85 or a 3 day hopper for £72.

What do you reckon, is it worth the extra? Im not sure I can quite make the £55.85 up in out benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!