Spontaneity and DVC ownership

One thing you should be aware of - at the 7 month advance mark, all direct DVC points are the same. Resale points for the MOST of the resale resorts are also the same, except for Riviera, Disneyland Hotel, and now the Cabins. Most resorts if they don't book up before 7 months will book up shortly after 7-months advance. At 2-3 months advance you mostly are going to be staying in one-bedrooms at either OKW or SSR at best, and nowhere at worst (Oct-Dec). So you should budget for 1-bedrooms in your case.

Quite honestly if someone told me they only plan their trips 2-3 months in advance, I would tell them to skip DVC. But if you really want the savings of DVC, I would buy a resale SSR contract for those last minute trips, and then look at favorite resorts for the more advance trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter