Spring 2015 Planting Thread

PIO, how is your weather?

We have harvested cucumbers, basil, and our first zucchini of the season!

PIO, in the recipe for zucchini bread, I only add 2 C of sugar, and I may drop it amount down by another 1/4 cup. I just realized that. NJ blueberries are being harvested now, they are delicious!

Bobbi

PIO, how is your weather?

We have harvested cucumbers, basil, and our first zucchini of the season!

PIO, in the recipe for zucchini bread, I only add 2 C of sugar, and I may drop it amount down by another 1/4 cup. I just realized that. NJ blueberries are being harvested now, they are delicious!

Bobbi

Sorry! I haven't been lurking on this side of the boards for a while. Didn't do any winter planting!
It's been pretty cold here and whilst I did think about putting in winter vegies, I never did get round to it..

..until today. It's warming up here now.
I put down some cos lettuce, onions, broccoli, carrots and beetroot. Tomatoes don't go down for another month or two; and I'm hoping to get some snow peas and beans in as well.

If I have space, I will put down zucchini and kale later on.

Bobbi, I didn't know that blueberries grew in NJ. I have a tiny blueberry plant, but it won't turn into a big plant :( I was able to get about 6-8 tiny blueberries from it. But it made me happy knowing that I grew them. Wish I could harvest a lot to make blueberry jam.

Happy gardening PIO :wave:

I hope to be, Patsy! The shrubs/trees are getting beyond me now. I finally bit the bullet this week and called an arborist in. I hope to confirm the job with him...but at least that will mean that about 8 or 9 of the 'trees' will be pruned, thinned out and/or removed. I have a single box hedge plant that's grown to 3 m x 3 m because I couldn't keep up with the prunning. This one is going to be taken out! That should give me more space for vegies.

Hope you've been well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!