Spring Break 2018! Let's go get some pics for insta! Finished 6/29

Wow the family on FEA, how rude!

We love Via Napoli, the Arancini is so good!

I’m glad you enjoyed your drinks and treats at F&G. Your sister is adorable in her outfit!

Wow the family on FEA, how rude!

We love Via Napoli, the Arancini is so good!

I’m glad you enjoyed your drinks and treats at F&G. Your sister is adorable in her outfit!

I actually couldn't believe the family on FEA! I mean who even puts their hands in the water on rides? That sounds like a good way to lose a finger. The mom of group also smacked her daughter at one point to try and control her which just made it all worse. We almost wrote off the ride forever after the incident but why let someone else ruin your fun!

I thought her outfit was cute too! Idk if you or Andi ever watched the Barbie birthday special that was filmed in EPCOT in 94 but that was one of my favorite movies/shows to watch as a kid and her outfit reminded me of it!!

Day 4 Part 1

Magic Kingdom today!

But first breakfast!

Today I had actually booked our breakfast at the Grand Floridian Café at 11AM knowing it would tough to get everyone moving on time but we managed. The new traffic patterns did throw a monkey wrench into our plans though. I assumed it was as it always had been where you went under the Magic Kingdom sign whether you were going to MK or to the MK resorts.

Well I was wrong, I wasn’t paying attention to the sign flashing saying to take the road around the sign so we had to do a U-turn and try again. Thankfully Disney must be aware of the people like me who would miss it and built in a U-turn for people to take without having to go too far out of the way. I’d say we were only five minutes late to check even with all of the construction issues we had.

We love having breakfast at the Grand Floridian Café, it’s not really a trip to Disney unless you step foot in the Grand. I got the Grand Breakfast with a bagel and cream cheese on the side. I don’t remember what my Mom and Calista got, I just know we all got bagels with cream cheese on the side and we were convinced they were going to be so overpriced lol their price wasn’t listed on the menu but I think they ended being only like $4.

After breakfast we took a walk out to the beach area and took a few photos. When we were younger the only breakfast my Mom would book was the 1900 Park Fare character breakfast and when we were done we’d always take nice pictures out on the beach. So it’s always been our tradition to come out here after (no matter where we eat).

We also have another tradition at the Grand and that is my Mom HAS to buy Basin bath salts. She usually buys one or two tubes and it’s her favorite souvenir to get. Unfortunately, the scent she loves, which I think is called Tranquility, was being discontinued. Thankfully we found discounted sets that had like six tubes of her favorite scent for I think $18? She was so excited! I don’t know what will happen next time but at least she was able to stock up for a bit lol

The nice thing about visiting Disney so close to Easter was that the Easter egg display was up at the Grand which we've never seen before (at least I don't remember), and since we didn’t have time before breakfast we took a look around and admired all of the eggs. It was cool to find out that the Aladdin egg was new this year, and since Calista’s outfit was Aladdin inspired she had to get a picture with it!

My favorite was the Cinderella Egg.

Up next, Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:
I love the pictures at the beach and in the Grand, we love to stop at Basin and wash our hands!

Breakfast looks really good. We have yet to try the GFC.

I love the pictures at the beach and in the Grand, we love to stop at Basin and wash our hands!

Breakfast looks really good. We have yet to try the GFC.

It's great! Me and DH found it on a trip where we were freezing in MK in January and just kind of ended up there and I keep going back! I really like it for breakfast/lunch because they have both options on the menu which is nice when someone doesn't really like breakfast food.

Plus reservations are always easy to come by!

Day 4 part 2

Off to the Magic Kingdom!

Happy faces in the happiest place!

(I wish people were more considerate of this photo spot, such a great photo op but its always a hot mess!)

We of course had to take lots of pictures on Main Street as soon as we got there! You can see from the photos it looked as though a big storm was about to roll through so we wanted to get our photos done before we looked like drowned rats! Lol

One of the main reasons Calista chose today to wear her Aladdin inspired outfit was to get some cute photos in the Aladdin area in Adventureland. Plus, there was a chance we’d be able to meet the characters! I opened the app and found where they were meeting and we went that way. When we got over there no one was around but I asked a CM and she said the next time was in like a half an hour. So we decided to go ride Space Mtn with our first FP and then swing back over.

This was the first day where we really felt like Spring Break crowds were in full effect. The Space Mtn FP line had wrapped around outside. It went by quickly but it was still crazy to see! Space Mtn has always been one of my absolute favorite rides but the last two times I’ve ridden it I felt so sick after I got off! I don’t know what that is all about. I’m hoping it’s just coincidence!

My Mom always panics on this ride because she can never remember what side the camera is on. So I usually have to sit behind her so I can tap the shoulder that matches the side the camera is on :rotfl: this is because on one trip she was facing the completely wrong direction for the photo and before we'd gone on she was like smile big its our last ride and then messed it up! :rotfl2: We thought maybe she was joking but she was completely serious in facing the wrong way hahaha

After Space Mtn we trekked back across the park, swimming upstream against people leaving Adventureland on the very tight path and found the Aladdin and Jasmine M&G line to be closed. UGH :scared: The CM informed us that you basically have to get in line fifteen minutes before the M&G opens to ensure you’ll be okay. So we made a plan to ride Splash Mtn with our second FP and then come back after which should get us back over here with plenty of time!

My Mom loves Splash Mtn, as do I, but we all hate the thought of getting wet. So we all put on sweaters and extra clothes we had brought if the weather got cold to keep our actual clothes dry. Remember, we still wanted to look cute for Aladdin and Jasmine! But we still had a blast on Splash Mtn, and we managed to stay pretty dry!

I think every time we ride we reminisce about the time we rode when Calista was probably about 4 and we had park hopped from Animal Kingdom to MGM (at the time haha) to Magic Kingdom. We had hit parades in all three of the parks (and by hit I mean stuck behind) and we were all pretty tired by the time we made it to MK for extra magic hours. When we were riding Splash my Mom and Dad were in the row behind us and me, my brother Mike and Calista were sitting in a row together in front of them. And every time we would go up one of the hills in the ride Calista would start bawling her eyes out thinking it was the big hill. My parents thought we were getting her riled up or scaring her but she was just so tired reason went out the window! Lol At least it didn’t scar her from the ride!

When we got off of the ride I KNEW Festival of Fantasy was starting soon. My Mom of course had to use the restroom and then her and Calista decided they wanted to walk slow. And here I was trying to get Calista to her M&G! :confused3 Well we just missed being able to cross into Adventureland by probably thirty seconds because they closed the walkway for the parade. I mean we ended up with pretty great viewing of Festival of Fantasy. I’ve never watched it from the area where it comes out so it was a cool experience but stressful because I could imagine us missing the line AGAIN for Aladdin and Jasmine. Plus, it was a little claustrophobic because the crowds built in all around us to watch the parade and we were stuck. There was no going back and we couldn’t go forward.

As soon as the parade passed we quickly made our way through Adventureland and were so happy to find out the line was still open! We waited probably about thirty minutes total from being in line before they came out to the people who were in front of us. It was such a fun M&G and totally worth the wait. Aladdin and Jasmine were so fun and personable! And of course they loved Calista’s outfit and purse! (I made her ears to match her outfit):genie:

Side note: So I had learned how to make ears before our quick August trip in 2017. I only made a couple but I found it so fun and loved that I could make my own ears to coordinate with outfits! Well, on that August trip Calista had worn a Mulan inspired outfit and she had us search for a while to find Mulan ears. I knew they didn’t exist but we still looked. So for this trip I MADE SURE that I made ears for most of her outfits. Even if she didn’t want to wear them she’d have a pair to wear if she did want them. So I made her the Donald Duck ears, the red ears she wore the night of HS, the shiny Barbie pink ears for EPCOT and finally the Aladdin inspired ears she wore in MK. And I should have made another pair too because we spent the morning in AK (the next day) looking for a specific giraffe print for her to wear with her sorority sweater for a photo (their mascot) :rotfl:

Since we’d already done a lot of walking back and forth we decided to hop on Pirates of the Caribbean since we were over there pirate:. It was an hour wait but as soon as we got in line the skies opened up and we did not care for one minute that we had to wait lol I also wanted to see the new scene with the Redhead since it had just reopened.

When we got off of Pirates the rain was still coming down. I had looked at the radar and it was supposed to let up basically at the time we were getting off. My Mom wasn’t convinced so she had us buy the Disney ponchos. We put them on and took a restroom break before heading back into the park. Well, by the time we used the bathroom, the rain had basically turned into a very light drizzle. We walked through the park towards Hall of Presidents and all laughed when we realized we didn’t even need the ponchos!

Waiting for the next show, my feet were killing me at this point in the trip so sitting down felt amazing haha

We usually don’t do Hall of Presidents but we did want to see what had changed and what it was like now. Politics aside, I really like the way the show is put together now. Calista, who loves history, used to hate this attraction but enjoyed it now, too.

I'm getting yelled at for too many photos, continued in next post :flower1:

Last edited:
Then it was time for our SDMT FP. When we had booked our trip it was within the 60-day mark and 5:45 was the earliest time slot I could get. When we got over there the ride was down and it was already close to 6:30 but I hadn’t received a use anytime FP yet. I was worried that I wouldn’t before our time slot was over and we would lose out on the FP. So I suggested grabbing a snack from Gaston’s tavern so we would be close enough to see it was open if it did reopen. This was my Mom’s favorite snack of the whole trip. We got the cinnamon roll to share and the fruit and cheese platter. Everything was SO GOOD! Plus, it was something new to try which is always nice. (I also think its going to be a new tradition because my Mom says this was one of her favorite moments of the trip!)

I think moments like these is why I enjoy knowing about what there is in Disney and reading the Dis and watching vlogs. Planning is great but it's nice to have these ideas in your back pocket when you need to kill some time or just need a break!

When we walked out we could hear SDMT up and running again but we had also received a use anytime FP so we weren’t in a huge rush to get over. So I took a few pictures since I had my Danielle Nicole Dopey purse!

We made our way over to SDMT to use our FP and it was so fun!

Stopped for another pic in front of their cottage on the way out

Next up was Philharmagic. I think they could probably update the graphics here or add in some more Disney movies but I just love this show. And it’s nice that’s it’s usually at most a ten-minute wait! We always joke about the time that my Dad got a FP for Philharmagic when we were younger when he was supposed to get a different ride like Peter Pan or something. Such a waste of a FP Dad! lol

Time for dinner!

My Mom wanted to try Tony’s again for dinner, she liked it the last time so she asked if we could eat here again. She likes the atmosphere there and there really aren’t many great table service options at MK to begin with that don’t cost an arm and a leg! The food was decent, not the best. But the weirder thing was that they made us wait to be seated until my sister came back from the restroom. And their restroom has three stalls and always has a super long wait! I didn’t really understand that. Like I get that you don’t want to seat us if someone is like on a ride or something but she’s literally in your super tiny bathroom waiting in line. What would be the difference if she waited until we sat down and then went and waited in line? You aren’t going to give our table away so what is the point?? Idk that was super frustrating.

We got the chicken parm with the normal red sauce and chicken parm with the fettucine sauce. I definitely preferred it with the fettuccine sauce! Calista got the chicken fettuccine alfredo. We all enjoyed it. Our dinner time ran over a bit from what I expected it to be (most likely due to our delay in the beginning because “we couldn’t be seated”) so we weren’t able to find a spot for Happily Ever After. So we took some balloon pics instead by Tony’s and made the walk towards Buzz Lightyear for our fourth FP.

Even though I know the spots to shoot to be a Galactic Hero I’m still terrible at this ride! DH has gotten it before but not me! I swear I think my gun was broken this time because I walked away with a measly 60,500 lol

Next up was the People Mover! How can you go to MK and not ride the PM?? I was glad we’d waited until night to ride it because when walked by for our Space Mtn FP the line was at least 30 minutes long, if not more! When I was little and before I was tall enough for Space Mtn my Mom used to tell me the PM was Space Mtn. Which was pretty sneaky since I would hear and see it while on the ride!

I was able to snag a late night Peter Pan FP so we made our way over to ride that and finished off the night with Haunted Mansion! By this time the park was closing so we made our way toward the exit and back to the hotel. We had such a great time at the Magic Kingdom! But I do miss their late nights that they used to be open. It was always so fun being at the MK until midnight or one in the morning!

Tomorrow Animal Kingdom!

Total miles 6.7

Wonderful update, you all did quite a few attractions. I love Philharmagic and PM.

Tony’s looks good, we have been once and enjoyed it.

Andi is always a galactic hero! I was once when the ride stopped by the volcano:rotfl2:

Wonderful update, you all did quite a few attractions. I love Philharmagic and PM.

Tony’s looks good, we have been once and enjoyed it.

Andi is always a galactic hero! I was once when the ride stopped by the volcano:rotfl2:

Surprisingly for getting to the park so late in the day we definitely hit more attractions than I thought we would! I think not watching the fireworks helped us a bit too even though I wish we could have!

I just can't seem to get my aim right on Space Rangers haha I keep trying though!!

Day 5

Our last day :( What is it about Disney trips that they go SO FAST. I was just talking to DH about this and as much as I try to not spend the whole trip thinking about whats coming up (because that always makes everything go by so much faster for me) it still goes too fast!

Since we had to checkout this day (boo!) we were up pretty early. We didn't really pack anything up after Magic Kingdom because we were all pretty tired so we spent the morning trying to get ready but also get everything packed up without leaving anything behind. Which we almost left our backup cash in the safe, that wouldn't have been fun to forget! We told Calista check out time was 10 so she’d be up and ready much earlier this day. My main reason for doing this was because the only FOP FP I could snag was for 10:50-11:50! (which for most people would probably be a perfect time, us a little early! haha) But I wasn't too worried since we technically would have until 12:05 to get there.

My Mom had me take a picture of the Mickey on the wall in the room before heading out. She works in a Pre-k and they do a Disney themed graduation and she usually makes a Mickey head outline and then they put a picture of each child's face on it. But she can never seem to get the outline right so she wanted the picture for reference.

We packed everything up and brought our luggage to the car before grabbing breakfast at Pop’s food court. We find it too stressful to keep our luggage with us while we’re eating or trying to get breakfast from the counters so it was much easier to get it put away first!

We got two bounty platters, I don’t know why but I love these in Disney! And I miss them when I’m home!

Before leaving Pop, we made a restroom pit stop and took a pic before heading to AK! The lighting in the lobby bathrooms is *chef kiss* perfection!

Off to Animal Kingdom!

We made it there by 11AM so we had plenty of time to get to our FOP FP!

We grabbed a few photos before heading in

The funny thing was I had originally planned to wear these shorts to MK the day before because I thought they would have looked nice with the lilac tank. I didn't really remember this was my plan until we were walking out of MK and just resolved to the fact that I could wear them the next day to AK. Well, I think it was meant to be that I didn't wear them because the pattern was almost identical to the pattern on my shirt! So win-win! :daisy:

And some more pictures with the Tree of Life!

These pictures were so shadowed. I was happy we stopped for more pics closer to the tree because I didn't know until I downloaded the pictures later!

(why the photographers think to cut out the landmark behind you is so beyond me. Kinda the whole point to the picture!)

And in Pandora

After all of our pictures we finally scanned in for our FOP FP!

So the first time we rode FOP on opening weekend idk what I thought but I didn’t realize there were rows and levels of people like Soarin. So I definitely looked around more this time and noticed these things! We were also I think on the top row this time in the middle and I felt way less sick this time than the last! I did think the compressions on my legs were a little fainter this time which I hope isn’t a sign of wear and tear already! That was one of the coolest aspects to me! But still overall, it is one of my absolute favorite rides right now.

One of the things I missed out on during opening weekend was trying the Night Blossom drink from Pongu Pongu. I want to say the lines were crazy but I also didn’t really know what to try when we went opening weekend. We just happened to have a trip booked when they announced what weekend Pandora was going to be open. I loved this drink though! So tasty and refreshing.

I was not a fan of the pineapple lumpia. Bleck! I thought it would be tasty since I usually like cream cheese and pineapple separately but it was just too warm and the texture was just not good.

We walked around Pandora a bit to take in some of the details we missed on our first trip.

Of course the one photo that shows the Pandora area was the one where my Mom's hair couldn't cooperate! haha Thankfully she didn't care if they still got posted

After Pandora it was time for our next FP at Everest. This was a mistake I definitely regretted, booking Everest after FOP instead of the Safari. Logistically it made for a lot of walking back and forth across the park. But I think when I had made the FP originally, I had Navi River Journey booked after the Safari so we would have been travelling the right direction through the park and I never thought to change them once I got the FOP FP instead. Oh well, lesson learned!

Everest was fun and we escaped the Yeti!

Next up was the Safari. I love the safari, one of these days I think I’d like to try to the Wild Africa Trek or Savor the Savanna.

Like I said before, Calista’s sorority mascot is the Giraffe so she wanted to get a picture with one. From my experience on past rides while you see a lot more animals from the left, but the Giraffes usually seem to be off to the right so we had her sit on the right (I was worried the whole ride I was going to be wrong lol). Thankfully they were where I thought they would be and got some cute pictures of her with the giraffes!

I swear it was like they knew we wanted a picture with them because they were all congregated in this one area on the savanna. It was amazing!

And she got some of me with the elephants.

These guys reminded me so much of how my dog Joy sleeps. Does anyone else get reminded of their pets by every other animal? :rotfl:

We saw so many animals out, I think with the cooler temperature they were more active which was so fun! We stopped for some fun photos on the way out of Africa.

I swear there is something about Disney where if people see you taking pictures in a certain spot then a whole ton of people flock to where you are. When we went down there to take the pictures with the tree of life there was just a Mom and daughter and us. I offered to take a picture of them and they offered to take one of us. As soon as people saw us taking pictures there were like 15 people heading to that spot. Too funny!

We walked the Maharajah Trek and stopped for a quick lunch at Yak and Yeti splitting egg rolls, sweet & sour chicken and fried rice. I don’t have any pictures of this because we ended up sitting with a nice family that was on their first Disney trip with their daughter. We were sitting at a table that could seat 8 and saw they were looking for somewhere to sit so we offered up the end of our table. It was so nice to get to know them and find out the things they’d enjoyed so far. Their daughter was a big fan of Mulan and was upset that she didn’t have a presence in the parks but we told her she meets in China in EPCOT so she was excited to hear that. It was a very enjoyable lunch and I hope that they had a great rest of their trip!

After the Safari I was able to snag a Primeval Whirl FP so we stopped there after lunch before heading onto Dinosaur.

At this point it was nearing the time for us to head for the airport which is always super depressing but has to happen at some point, right? Calista wanted to get one last Starbucks so we headed towards Creature Comforts. I originally was going to get a drink as well but I saw an ice cream cart and decided one last Mickey bar sounded better!

And that was the end of our trip!

Disney blues

We took the last flight home to Buffalo and got home around 12:30AM which wasn’t too bad. It was such a magical trip and I can’t wait for the next one! We are already planning a Columbus day weekend getaway, we just can't stay away! :woohoo:

Plus I have just 20 days until my anniversary trip with DH!

You can check out my PTR here for both trips:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...and-adding-to-plus-another-trip-6-28.3686287/

Total miles 6.6

Thanks for joining me on this adventure!

XOXO

Cloe :butterfly

I hopped over from your new TR and it looks like this was such a fun trip! I would love to go to Disney with my sisters at some point. You all are super cute, I love all the outfits and ears :lovestruc

Just read through your TR and enjoyed it! You ladies take the cutest photos!

Also, the ears you make are awesome!!

I hopped over from your new TR and it looks like this was such a fun trip! I would love to go to Disney with my sisters at some point. You all are super cute, I love all the outfits and ears :lovestruc

I definitely recommend a girls trip! It's just so much fun! No boys to be cranky haha!

And thanks! I found I love making ears for our trips now! DH can't understand why I need so many but at least my sister does!! I post pics of all of my ears on my separate ig account cloegear :flower1:

Just read through your TR and enjoyed it! You ladies take the cutest photos!

Also, the ears you make are awesome!!

Thanks to everything!! Ears are just the perfect Disney accessory so its fun to make ones that go with our outfits! I have a whole list of ears I need to make before our next trip!! haha

We are planning our trip for Spring Break next year...how were the crowds this year at that time?

We are planning our trip for Spring Break next year...how were the crowds this year at that time?

So we were in Disney 3/23-3/27 and I think most of the really heavy Spring Break crowds were over the following weekend with Easter. But even still with it being the weekend prior to Easter the crowds weren't that bad as long as you had FPs and dining reservations (which most of us do! lol) The only park we really noticed the crowds were in AK but I feel like that might be a result of the park not really being designed to hold a ton of people but with Pandora there were way more people there than normal. I think as long as you go in expecting that it won't be super low crowds its manageable!

Sounds like a great start to your AP year!

Of course after stopping for a photopass with the butterfly topiary. My Mom’s mom passed away just before I was born 27 years ago (actually 27 years ago from yesterday). My whole life every time we’ve seen a butterfly my Mom always says it’s her mom with us so butterflies have such a special meaning to us. Which I think is partially why we do love F&G so much!

We lost my niece to Lupus a few years ago and since the symbol for lupus is butterflies, we also have an affinity for them. Every time we see one flying by we thing of Christie :littleangel: We have a pic in front of that same topiary :love:

We are usually a little wary about riding it though since the first time my Mom and Calista rode it we were seated in a boat with another family (they had the first like three rows and we had the last) and they thought it was funny to put their hands in the water and splash everyone (which shocked me because theme park rule number one is keep arm, hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times!). We told them to stop repeatedly and then they were mad that we were mad so the one girl decided to make threats toward me and Calista the remainder of the ride.

Oh my word, you've GOT to be kidding! That is awful! Thankfully it must not happen very frequently…what terrible behavior >:(

the weirder thing was that they made us wait to be seated until my sister came back from the restroom. And their restroom has three stalls and always has a super long wait! I didn’t really understand that. Like I get that you don’t want to seat us if someone is like on a ride or something but she’s literally in your super tiny bathroom waiting in line. What would be the difference if she waited until we sat down and then went and waited in line? You aren’t going to give our table away so what is the point?? Idk that was super frustrating.

That is weird. We've eaten at Tony's many times and they've never made us wait. I hope this is an oddity and not a new thing they are starting. Although, I went in April and they seated my family while I was in the rest room so I think you may have gotten a bad hostess.

Love the report! Your little purses are super adorable and I love the all the ears you made :worship:

We lost my niece to Lupus a few years ago and since the symbol for lupus is butterflies, we also have an affinity for them. Every time we see one flying by we thing of Christie :littleangel: We have a pic in front of that same topiary :love:

I'm sorry about your neice! I really hope they never take away the butterfly topiaries. I feel like they mean a lot to many different people!

Oh my word, you've GOT to be kidding! That is awful! Thankfully it must not happen very frequently…what terrible behavior >:(

I have literally never experienced anything like it before! It has kind of ruined the ride for us in general because we always remember it when we go on which is unfortunate because I loved the ride prior to that!

That is weird. We've eaten at Tony's many times and they've never made us wait. I hope this is an oddity and not a new thing they are starting. Although, I went in April and they seated my family while I was in the rest room so I think you may have gotten a bad hostess.

it was so strange! And in any other restaurant I would have cared a lot less but with them only having three stalls it added an unnecessary amount of wait time for us. I have a feeling that maybe they are all supposed to follow the rule and she was probably just a stickler and did not want to budge! lol

Love the report! Your little purses are super adorable and I love the all the ears you made :worship:

Thank you!!

Loved reading about your trip! You inspired me to try making my own ears! Did you follow a template off a website or youtube video? I love the sequined ones!

Loved reading about your trip! You inspired me to try making my own ears! Did you follow a template off a website or youtube video? I love the sequined ones!

Thanks! We had a great time! Our next girls trip is less than a month away and I can't wait!!

I followed this YouTube video to learn https://youtu.be/ruUkZXoM62. It's definitely fun to make your own! There are lots of tutorials out there though and there are ways to do it without sewing too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!