Spring Break Disney Trip

mitch111

Disney Veteran +
Hi All,

My son is Joshua, 17, and he is autistic.
His favorite place in the whole world is Disney. (mine too)
Luckily we live only a 3 hour drive away

We have AP and a time share right off the property that we can use by the night.

We are able to make at least 5 visits a year and sometimes many more.
It got to the point 2 years ago, that when Josh took picutures with the Princess in Toontown, they said, "Don't I know you."

Every day, Josh marks off the calendar I made for him.
Josh counts the days by sleeps.
We started the current one at 91 sleeps, and now we are down to 6 sleeps.

We hit all the parks and just follow him around. We usually go on the same rides in the same order.

His favorite rides are:
Dinosaur
Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Mania, but he really loves them all.

He loves the Legend of the Lion King Show and always volunteers himself to parade around the theater towards the end of the show with the other kids.
He has not missed being in a show since he worked up the courage to do it 5 years ago, and we have seen it many times, sometimes 2 or 3 shows back to back. We always sit near the front of the Warthog section, so if you see a big kid parading around, just say "Hi" to Josh. You can't miss him.
Just imagine, all the little kids parading around with Josh, who is over six feet and 250 pounds. The other kids hardly come up to his knee... but you can see he is having the best time out of all the kids.

Well gotta start packing
See you in Disney.

Mitch & Marla & Joshua

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter