Spring Break impact on crowds?

mexicanjester

Earning My Ears
Hey all, first-time poster, long-time lurker, blah blah blah.

I had a question: I'm gonna be in Tokyo from the 27th of this month until April 8th. I was wondering if anyone knew the dates for the Japanese Spring Break this year (I know it's traditionally the last week in March & first week in April) and what the impact on crowds at the Disney resort might be?

Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Here's a site (in Japanese) that has crowd info for the parks. I can't read Japanese, but I was able to discern using Google Translate how crowds are going to be when I'm there in two weeks (pretty bad)...

The calendar has options for Disneyland (red) and Disney Sea (blue).

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

Thank you, that was very helpful!

Good luck in two weeks! Consider bringing a poking device to move people out of your way. ;)

Research on several sites told me that Golden Week is split over 2 long weekends 28-30 April and 3-6 May this year so basically everyone says rule the week inbetween out so you are fine but you will catch the end of spring break (til Sunday 8th)-the crowd calendar is pretty obvious to interpret-the numbers in blue and red are temps btw and you can play with numbers changing depending on whether windy (almost worst figures), wet, sunny etc. We are going Mon and Tues 9 and 10 (Mon DS, Tues Dl) and fly home Tues night. Can't decide if to do 3 day pass and go Sun eve to DL to see it at night as will miss that (cheaper than getting the evening pass plus 2 day pass) but crowds are meant to be quite high so not sure worth it. Probably decide when we are there. My dilmema is to pre-order or with figures quite low for those days wait and get it when we arrive.

Here's a site (in Japanese) that has crowd info for the parks. I can't read Japanese, but I was able to discern using Google Translate how crowds are going to be when I'm there in two weeks (pretty bad)...

The calendar has options for Disneyland (red) and Disney Sea (blue).

http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

I love the way google translates this:

Rattle - 11,999 people
16,999 people - pretty vacant
Vacant 21,999 people -
(Ordinary and accustomed) Well 28,999 people - congestion
(If you are not used to spicy) ~ 35,999 people a little congestion
(If you are not used quite spicy) ~ 42,999 people crowded
(Note the enrollment limit) very busy people - 49,999
(Note the enrollment limit) congestion violently - 50,000 people

Yeh I got a giggle out of it too-I am waiting to see what that translates to in real terms. Unfortunately I have no idea what crowd numbers were in the US parks when I have been there to know what that really means. Guess I'll find out! I am excited we were in rattle land for a while with DS-just changed to tip into pretty vacant. That might describe me as I wander about trying to make sense of it all!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter