Spring break - we're not in college anymore Toto - Feb 2018 TR

HAHA, Yes, I realize all my answers are just an exercise in futility, but i just couldn't keep up this last week. But it was fun to read and catch this morning. I think it took me about an hour? ;)

I don't even like the smell. I know some of you (misguided) folks think it's fantastic, but that's okay, you're entitled to be wrong. ;)

And happy that you leave the delicious resources to us!

We then kept going towards FOW and then next thing I know, we're in Africa. Wait a second, we should have passed FOW? I look on the map and I can't find it. I asked a CM and “They closed that for refurbishment”.

Might have been mine. I was so sad to have seen it go; sadder the last time I saw it was indeed..... my last.

After the show, with everyone who had been plugging their ears leaving, I waited around to meet Simba and get my best and loudest fan in the Lion section award, but I was summarily shuffled out the door by the CMs despite my protests.

LOLOLOL!

I have found my new favorite restaurant, a great deal, great service and wow I cannot come back to here soon enough.
BEST (by far!) restaurant on property now. My hands-down absolute fave. I will have a review on it as well coming up.

The cheeses were great, the cardamom almonds were...I'm not even sure what word is accurate enough, but I'll go with STUPENDOUS.
]

YES!! Definitely going to ask about those next time. And yes, there will for sure be a next time.

So, just in case you can't gather from the review above, I highly recommend Tiffins and if she's still there, request Abby. The food, the service, the value. This is my new favorite on property. Congrats @Terra Nova guy For the correct guess. Tiffins it is!! I've heard others say Tiffins wasn't good or wasn't worth the price. For my money, I'd go there again today if I was there and could get in.

Abby! Got it.

And I too will go here again, and again, and again!

The rhino decided to show me his best side (or at least what he said was my best side). Funny point...merely a second after I snapped this he shared what he really thought of me while everyone on the truck was going ewwww. Growing up on a farm and seeing many animals pee and poop (hey, they have to too), I always find people reacting this way a bit comical.

It IS funny how people get such a kick out of this.

dw2-jpg.306888

Mmmm, the elixer of life.

It's atypical to me because Disney normally goes out of their way to make something for everyone. The lights on the boats were pretty and unique, but after about the first 5 minutes, it was just more of the same. It didn't really seem to tell a story, but rather was just a collection of random songs, lights and laser effects.

My take on it exactly. Pretty, nice effects, song ok, but kinda random and monotonous as a whole.

Again, no text or notification ALL day our room was ready. Went to the front desk. Asked why again I'd not heard a peep. He explained it was likely because they had no chickens or chicks in the area. Very funny...I mean why didn't I get a text? Well, sir, our random text generator got overloaded because there are so many people checking in and out due to the impending princess half marathon and we knew you were at AK having all kind of problems with MDE, so we put you on the exclude list. But, I didn't want to be excluded, I wanted a room. Good news sir, we have a room on this floor so you won't need to take the elevators. Great! What he failed to tell me was it's the furthest room we have from the lobby. I wish I was joking about that part...it was. If there were a window on that side, I would have had a patio view of the walkway between BW and the dance hall. Look

:sad2:

Sounds precisely like our Little Mermaid room at AoA in 2016. I was not a fan.

HAHA, Yes, I realize all my answers are just an exercise in futility, but i just couldn't keep up this last week. But it was fun to read and catch this morning. I think it took me about an hour? ;)
Your answers are not futile. You're in second place and only 2 back.
I figured your week was crazy since I didn't see many posts from you anywhere (even your own TR).

Might have been mine. I was so sad to have seen it go; sadder the last time I saw it was indeed..... my last.
Wait! Gone?? I thought it was just being refurbished/updated.

BEST (by far!) restaurant on property now. My hands-down absolute fave. I will have a review on it as well coming up.
::yes::

Abby! Got it.
I don't use this phrase often, but she was the bomb!

And I too will go here again, and again, and again!
Ditto! As you've seen, it's my new favorite. Will plan to go here every time we go to AK. Maybe one of these days we can DISmeet there.

Mmmm, the elixer of life.
Agreed ::yes::

Looks like you've been updating faster than I can keep up! I guess that might rule me out for the contest. Oh well.

Very nice shot!

So, I got up and started filling the house with the wonderful aroma of cooking bacon.

You could have stopped there, and the TR would still have been satisfying.

DW makes some amazing cakes.

Judging by the photo, I'd say so!

She also loves to eat out, but has caviar taste buds on a ramen noodles budget. I'm sure any of you who've been to college can relate.

I've always been closer to the noodles on the taste scale.

I can't say the same for the bacon. Did I mention me likes bacon?

I can't remember. Better let us know.

Well, to make a long story shorter so we can get to Disney sooner, right before I was going to hang up with them and have to wait at least 2 hours for someone to get there, I tried (for the 5th or 6th time) to open and close the door and voila, it started finally. The rental car roadside assistance person calmly explained sometimes after re-fueling it could do this. Seems like a MAJOR design flaw if simply gassing up would do this.

Yeah, I would think a car that won't start would not be a big seller.

About another 10 minutes of the stop for a minute, move 5 feet process, we were at a point where we could see no other traffic going the other direction and the reason why.

Yikes, that's scary.

The frustration quickly disappeared and was replaced with great sadness and reflection. Great sadness for those people and their families and friends. Reflection for several reasons. If the car hadn't not started, it could've been us. We never know when something like that could happen to any of us, so maybe I should be less frustrated when traffic sucks and more grateful I'm alive and well enough to be inconvenienced by it. We never know when our last breath may occur and we should cherish whatever time we're given.

Well said.

And then we finally saw this sign. I'm not sure how it does it, but it just washes away all the other emotions and then there's joy.

It works every time!

Guess what! No can do kimosabe. They're adding on to the convention center at YC, so between the areas blocked off for everything except buses and the sign saying no pedestrian traffic beyond this point, can't get there from here. We then went into the convention center thinking we'd find a hallway or door leading back to YC or BC. Nope. Every door we went to was either no entrance except contractors or no entrance except cast members. After trying different avenues and doubling back upon ourselves (I think I have an understanding of what rats in a maze feel like now, except I didn't find cheese ANYWHERE), we eventually ran into three ladies with vacuums.

Well, you guys got the full tour of all the magical areas of the resort!

Now we know why this is the most popular pool on property.

Never tried it, but it looks like a great one.

Fortunately, since the tables seat 4, the CM I spoke to said no problem and no penalty. Score!!!!

Whew!

This is where the DISdad part of me overruled the fiscal side of me. I mean, it is a buffet after all, let's get our money's worth. This will not be the last buffet PR wasted my money. :sad2:

C'mon, PR! It's all about the value!

Then the folks next to us (who were really nice) jokingly said we didn't get them, so...

Nice work! :rotfl2:

Skipping contest questions since you posted the next chapter...

I asked the guy if changing my email address on MDE to match would be better. He said oh yes. Well, it might have fixed the DVC FP issue, but all my other FPs and ADRs were gone since they were attached to the other email address. Houston, we have a problem. Well, I guess Lake Buena Vista, we have a problem, but it just doesn't sound as good.

D'oh! I can imagine that would really mess you up!

We were to come back any time after 11:55. 11:55 at rope drop!!!

:faint: Glad you didn't have to stand in line for it!

Neither B or I like coffee. I don't even like the smell. I know some of you (misguided) folks think it's fantastic, but that's okay, you're entitled to be wrong.

More for me, then. As long as I have enough sugar.

Is that your brother behind you? He looks thrilled to be there.

We then kept going towards FOW and then next thing I know, we're in Africa. Wait a second, we should have passed FOW? I look on the map and I can't find it. I asked a CM and “They closed that for refurbishment”.

D'oh.

I have found my new favorite restaurant, a great deal, great service and wow I cannot come back to here soon enough.

Wow, glad you enjoyed it so much!

B got the butternut squash soup. I'm not a big squash fan and not in soup form, so I can't tell you much about this other than B said it was really good.

I'm not a big squash fan in any form.

So, my take on FOP. Definitely not my favorite ride. Graphics and concept are really good. The seating, not so much. Even though I've lost a good amount of weight, I still have more to go and having to force myself forward into the craft or “beast” was not comfortable in general and pressed on my stomach. The leg restraints were not comfortable either. The back crusher was horrible. Keep in mind, I mentioned I'd broken my back and when that bar came up, it came across the exact area. It HURT. It wasn't an excruciating pain, but enough for me to say once is enough...I've experienced it and now I will not have to worry about the line or process again.

Sorry to hear it was a rough experience for you. That's a bummer.

Since I didn't know if the Lions sleeping were related to Simba or not, I decided to yell at them to try to garner more points. They just yawned and went back to sleep.

That's what the animatronics are programmed to do. They just sleep.

Usually you save this for the end of the chapter.

Ok, I'll show myself out.

As it turns out, the CM saw the normal FP we had for ITTBAB and credited both back. I said thank you. He started singing “What can I say except you're welcome!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

While looking around the EE gift shop, PR announced she wanted to buy something for her BFF back home. Cool, what looks good? Not here, something Pandora. This is where the DISdad part of me failed. I was not happy.

I love pineapple juice and this was my first time having this little bit of Heaven on earth. It was only now I realized all the DISdads knew what they were talking about (well at least in regards to dole whips).

Lots of wisdom in that DIS Dad group there.

I will say now that I've seen the show, it is probably my least favorite show I've ever seen Disney do. Most of the songs I didn't know or care for. I'm not adverse to celebrating other cultures, but it seemed to be heavily slanted towards one in particular and not really fitting (to me) given there are several different areas in AK and only one portion of one of them was represented. It's atypical to me because Disney normally goes out of their way to make something for everyone. The lights on the boats were pretty and unique, but after about the first 5 minutes, it was just more of the same. It didn't really seem to tell a story, but rather was just a collection of random songs, lights and laser effects. For those of you who like it, sorry...I just left thinking meh.

I have not heard great things about this show. From what I stand, they scrapped some elements that they couldn't get to work and it hurts.

Looks like you've been updating faster than I can keep up! I guess that might rule me out for the contest. Oh well.
Sorry Mark. I start my new job next Monday so I've been diligently working towards trying to get as much updated and/or posted quickly. I did wait several days before posting our AK stuff. Feel free to answer what you can...it's a close race and I also trust you not to cheat, so don't give up. Will probably be posting the next chapter on Thursday. I realize I was rapid fire posting and noticed not too many replies, so it's also possible I overloaded folks, so giving it a few days off. I wasn't trying to inundate people, but rather many folks were wanting pictures, so I was trying to get to those.

Very nice shot!
Thank you sir!

You could have stopped there, and the TR would still have been satisfying.

I can't remember. Better let us know.
I like bacon a lot. Even that Canadian kind that isn't.

Yeah, I would think a car that won't start would not be a big seller.
Ya think? I was dumbfounded when they told me it sometimes does that. Well, I'd sometimes take it back to the dealer for repair!!!

Well, you guys got the full tour of all the magical areas of the resort!
Behind the scenes yacht club convention center tour. Next time they'll be charging.
Skipping contest questions since you posted the next chapter...
Go ahead...even if just for fun. You're in the running and who knows, there might even be some bonus points to make it interesting.

D'oh! I can imagine that would really mess you up!
Just a tad or maybe a smidgen. ;)

:faint: Glad you didn't have to stand in line for it!
I wouldn't have...my back wouldn't have been able to take that.

More for me, then. As long as I have enough sugar.
My thought has always been if I have to add that much cream and sugar just to TOLERATE it, then I'll pass.

Is that your brother behind you? He looks thrilled to be there.
Yep, that's him. Not his favorite (type of) ride.

Wow, glad you enjoyed it so much!
I know you and your family are typically on a budget and I respect that (having lived it myself for many years). If there's any way you can swing this, it is so very much worth the $67 per person.

I'm not a big squash fan in any form.

Sorry to hear it was a rough experience for you. That's a bummer.
The bar in the back was the worst. I could've managed all the other and I was. When that bar came up, I'm like I don't like this at all. The ride itself and the graphics were cool, it's just the comfort (or lack) ruined it.

That's what the animatronics are programmed to do. They just sleep.
And I thought they were real. :sad2:

Lots of wisdom in that DIS Dad group there.
Shhh...don't tell everyone!

I have not heard great things about this show. From what I stand, they scrapped some elements that they couldn't get to work and it hurts.
I've seen it once. Unless I find out they've done a major change, doubt I'll want to sit through it again. On the other hand, it could be a good time to catch up on the DIS while there...at least use the time for something GOOD. ;)

it looks like this will be a 4 or 5 part post.

:faint:

Hope it is enjoyable for something other than an insomnia cure.

:cat:

sorry.. what?

Too much excitement before bed, first night in a foreign bed or just the adrenaline or anticipation of the first REAL day at a park.

I had read about the huge cinnamon rolls at AK

I put them on my list. As well as....

this is the ONLY day we used the buses.

Really! I'm surprised considering how little you waited this day.

I had used different email addresses for my DVC and for MDE.

I've done that. Won't again.

all my other FPs and ADRs were gone since they were attached to the other email address.

Ugh.... And... yup.

Even with rope drop and skedaddling, the line was already over the 3 hour point. :sad:

Holy crap! Really! Were you one of the first ones there? Or were you at rope drop... but back a ways?

I broke my back when I was in the military and although it doesn't bother me often, when it does, it's BAD. Unable to move bad.

Ouch. I didn't break mine (well.... maybe I did a bit) but I do know that feeling of unable to move bad.

It's no a whole heck of a lot of fun.

I took a few pictures, but this is where my lack of photographic skills out shown all those competent camera users around me. My prolific clicking simply ended up in a greater number of “what was that a picture of” moments. I tried to capture the amazing detailing the imagineers came up with, but realized my lack of photographic aptitude...fuzzy blobs aren't good TR fodder. I did manage to get a few, but still not very good, but above average for me.

Well, those shots were pretty darn good! :)

I'm not a big soda drinker (especially coke),

Does that mean you prefer Pepsi? Or that you don't like Colas in general?

** Side note. In looking up where this was, I found they also have huge cinnamon rolls (although not Mickey) at Kusafiri coffee shop. The mickey ones had almost a caramel drizzle. I like caramel, but not necessarily on cinnamon rolls. The ones at Kusafari look more cinnamon and less caramel. Next time!

... and I amended my notes to include this.
Thanks for the tip!

I double checked with B again if he was sure he wanted to go on it. He said he would, but didn't seem excited. You can kinda see this from the photo.

He doesn't look particularly happy to be there.

Interesting sign. I've lived more with Polar Bears... none of that would work. They are very different. And much bigger.

Well.... some of you look like you're having fun. ;)

“They closed that for refurbishment”. My one brain cell said “told ya so”. I remember reading about that somewhere (probably someones TR). This will not be the last time we try to go to someone I should have remembered was closed down.

Aw, crap. Sorry to hear that.

He had seen the movie (neither PR or I had),

Too bad. I'd highly recommend seeing the movie before going. Even if you don't care for the movie... just so you have some frame of reference.

Only problem with that movie, is the special effects (3D) were so good, that you didn't mind that the story was only okay.

I have found my new favorite restaurant, a great deal, great service and wow I cannot come back to here soon enough. We had an ADR for Tiffins

High praise indeed! I've never been. Not sure if/when I ever will.

I hate being late (to just about anything).

Ditto. 1,000% agree.

Andrew even told me if I wanted this particular thing, they could prepare it differently than normal because one of the sauces was a bit spicy, so they could leave it off or substitute. I felt like a VIP because they would take this much time and effort on me.

Wow! That's pretty darned good service!

There had been four times before where the service has been so good, I tipped 50% or more. There are now five! Abby was THAT good.

Impressive! I too tip well and will over-tip for exceptional service.

having to force myself forward into the craft or “beast” was not comfortable in general and pressed on my stomach. The leg restraints were not comfortable either. The back crusher was horrible.

Aw man... I'm sorry to hear that.

After FOP, my back was hurting,

And even more sorry to hear that.

Funny point...merely a second after I snapped this he shared what he really thought of me

:lmao:

Nice capture!

the guy in the row behind us thought he was gonna get hurt. Unfortunately, it was his tiny daughter who was hurt as he trampled over her to get away from the mad ostrich. Just sit there and take it like a man...don't hurt your kid because you're a sissy! I really wanted to take away his man card, but I'm not sure he still had one to take.

No comment. Just.... none.

As it turns out, the CM saw the normal FP we had for ITTBAB and credited both back. I said thank you. He started singing “What can I say except you're welcome!” Wasn't expecting that, but I joined in and right about that time PR came off the ride and gave me the strangest look. I looked back and said you love that movie, don't look at me in that tone of voice. Then we all three started singing, but only I could hear the CM.

:laughing: That's a great memory!

:laughing: Woman in the back row!

I love pineapple juice and this was my first time having this little bit of Heaven on earth. It was only now I realized all the DISdads knew what they were talking about

Toldja. Although.... slight fail because you didn't get the Dole whip float.

This was my first dole whip and theirs too. It will not be my (or our) last...

I try to at least have two, every trip.

I've only been to Rainforest cafe once before and now I remember why I hadn't been back.

Yep. We went a few times when the DDs were little.... not been back since. The food is not as good as the décor.

Nice shot of you guys!

I will say now that I've seen the show, it is probably my least favorite show I've ever seen Disney do.

Huh. I have not heard good things over all.

will return to Tiffins in a heart beat and even opt for the ROL package again, but either I'll give my ticket to someone else or suffer through it for DD's sake.

Really? You can't just go to Tiffins without the ROL package?

We made our way to the correct bus stop and amazingly had to wait only 2-3 minutes.

See? So why did you not take it anymore?

Good news sir, we have a room on this floor so you won't need to take the elevators. Great! What he failed to tell me was it's the furthest room we have from the lobby.

... and then they sent you down the wrong wing... :rolleyes:

Bell services beat us there...no really...they were waiting. They have motorized carts and I'm sure they'd been there for several minutes waiting for us to finish the trek. I apologized and said we would have been there sooner if we hadn't had to stop and fill up our canteens a couple times during the journey.

:laughing:

I could brush my teeth and take a shower FINALLY. It had only been 5 days!

"I don't mind the hotel, but the smell from the animals is horrible."

Our first DISmeet and I was giddy as a school girl

::yes:: Love DISmeets. I remember my first one. :)

I didn't really want to do any more walking tonight (foreshadowing of something yet to come).

Uh, oh.

I don't like you anymore.

:lmao:

I had a bit of catching up to do, so I didn't get things quoted. But I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Tiffins! It's my favourite signature restaurant! (Nathan likes it too, but he prefers le Cellier in Epcot.)

:faint:

:cat:

sorry.. what?
Huh? Did you say something? ;)

Really! I'm surprised considering how little you waited this day.
Since some folks are giving up on the contest and not many were playing anyway, I guess I can reveal things that I was keeping close to the vest...

EPCOT is a short boat ride away - no need for bus
MK - we did the behind the scenes of the steam trains and had to be there before buses started running so we drove
Last couple of days we had to go off property (due to nothing being available - princess half marathon weekend) so we drove

Holy crap! Really! Were you one of the first ones there? Or were you at rope drop... but back a ways?
No, we weren't one of the first ones there, so by the time we got through security, we were near the rear of the pack.

It's no a whole heck of a lot of fun.

Well, those shots were pretty darn good! :)
What you didn't see was the 15 or so that were mostly blurry blobs. Those were the only 3 that somewhat turned out. It's possible those were with my phone. We had 3 different cameras. PR's phone, my phone and small camera. The small camera was the one that was having problems with auto focus not working as it should. I have two pictures that turned out really well (and they'll be in the next update). I confirmed the 10 photo limit...I think maybe since you use photobucket, it will allow you 30 since you're not uploaded the full file, but rather a thumbnail.

Does that mean you prefer Pepsi? Or that you don't like Colas in general?
I do prefer Pepsi, but I just don't drink many sodas. Pretty much just flavored sugar water and I'd just rather drink tea or water and save my calories for yummy stuff like dole whips.

... and I amended my notes to include this.
Thanks for the tip!
What can I say, except you're welcome! ;)

He doesn't look particularly happy to be there.
I gave him the option (several times) of not going, but no, he's not thrilled.

Interesting sign. I've lived more with Polar Bears... none of that would work. They are very different. And much bigger.
Yeah, I noticed for grizzly bears, the techniques are different as well. Never seen a polar bear except at a zoo.

Well.... some of you look like you're having fun. ;)
SOME of us were!

Too bad. I'd highly recommend seeing the movie before going. Even if you don't care for the movie... just so you have some frame of reference.

Only problem with that movie, is the special effects (3D) were so good, that you didn't mind that the story was only okay.
My brother explained bits to us, so not seeing the movie wasn't a huge issue.

High praise indeed! I've never been. Not sure if/when I ever will.
It is worth the effort...just in case you hadn't already figured that out.

Impressive! I too tip well and will over-tip for exceptional service.
Not only was it highly refreshing given the previous two meals, but she was fabulous. She really thought I'd added wrong or something and was trying to give me money back. She was exceptional and deserved an exceptional tip.

Nice capture!
Took about 30 pictures on the safari. Had about a 10% success rate. Glad that one turned out because it seemed rare according to the driver.

:laughing: That's a great memory!
I can neither confirm nor deny it happened that way.

Toldja. Although.... slight fail because you didn't get the Dole whip float.
Another spoiler alert...temporary fail maybe.

I try to at least have two, every trip.
At least

Yep. We went a few times when the DDs were little.... not been back since. The food is not as good as the décor.
Just meh. The decor is pretty cool, but I still think more for littler lads/lasses.

Nice shot of you guys!
I think that's the only PP photographer we saw all day...explains why it's a good picture. ;)

Huh. I have not heard good things over all.
Not impressed at all.

Really? You can't just go to Tiffins without the ROL package?
You could, but given the price of the package vs. buying the items individually, I consider the package a good value. If nothing else, I can give the tickets to someone for the ROL seating and make them happy. Or maybe I can take a pillow next time and then I can nap through it. I'm sure my snoring will neither enhance nor detract from the show.

See? So why did you not take it anymore?
See above

I had a bit of catching up to do, so I didn't get things quoted. But I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Tiffins! It's my favourite signature restaurant! (Nathan likes it too, but he prefers le Cellier in Epcot.)
If you don't want to multiquote, I understand...it is time consuming.
Since I'm out of work right now, I have a lot of time...good thing because wading through all of the pictures took a lot of it.

So, next time we're down there at the same time, DISmeet at Tiffins. I'll definitely be going back. Biergarten used to be my favorite although not a signature. I've never been to Le Cellier, so maybe next trip.

Your AK day looks wonderful, I know how tired one can feel after a park day. I agree, Tiffins is awesome. I enjoyed RoL but Andi thought it was just meh!

I’m sorry your room at BWV was so far away, ugh! Our studio at BW was on the main floor close to the lobby so that was a plus.

We liked the area for the night entertainment and of course the walkability to Epcot and even DHS though a longer walk!

Your AK day looks wonderful, I know how tired one can feel after a park day. I agree, Tiffins is awesome. I enjoyed RoL but Andi thought it was just meh!

I’m sorry your room at BWV was so far away, ugh! Our studio at BW was on the main floor close to the lobby so that was a plus.

We liked the area for the night entertainment and of course the walkability to Epcot and even DHS though a longer walk!

If it hadn't been an all day (rope drop - 9ish pm) at the park and PR hadn't taken us back and forth across the park several times (;)), then the hike to the room wouldn't have been so bad, but at the end of a long day, I just wanted to sit.

Tell Andi I'm with her. PR enjoyed it. B never told me one way or the other.
Here's a plan...next time I'll go to Tiffins and you and PR can go and Andi and I can ride EE or Dino or something while we're waiting. ;) Or better yet, go get dole whips.

** Side note. In looking up where this was, I found they also have huge cinnamon rolls (although not Mickey) at Kusafiri coffee shop. The mickey ones had almost a caramel drizzle. I like caramel, but not necessarily on cinnamon rolls. The ones at Kusafari look more cinnamon and less caramel. Next time!
Yup, we got ours from Kusafiri and it didn't have caramel on it. Like you said, next time :thumbsup2

the detailing of Navi river was good, but it just didn't thrill me.
I agree, I'm fine if I never ride Na'vi again. I have ridden it twice since the first time the boys weren't with us so we rode it again with them; they're fine never riding it again, too lol

I have found my new favorite restaurant,
YES! Tiffins has surpassed Citricos as my favorite signature; I even brought my friend and fellow TA there for dinner last month and she loved it, also :goodvibes

I will say now that I've seen the show, it is probably my least favorite show I've ever seen Disney do.
We are once again in agreement, and with this one we haven't even tried taking the kids because I know they won't like it at all. I think some of it is pretty but that's it.

What he failed to tell me was it's the furthest room we have from the lobby. I wish I was joking about that part...it was. If there were a window on that side, I would have had a patio view of the walkway between BW and the dance hall. Look
:rotfl: We had the same room at the Yacht Club last August! Closest room to the walkway to HS and farthest from........anything else :laughing:

Huh? Did you say something? ;)

Nope. I was napping. Maybe I mumbled in my sleep.

EPCOT is a short boat ride away - no need for bus
MK - we did the behind the scenes of the steam trains and had to be there before buses started running so we drove
Last couple of days we had to go off property (due to nothing being available - princess half marathon weekend) so we drove

Ah... Okay, that all makes sense.

No, we weren't one of the first ones there, so by the time we got through security, we were near the rear of the pack.

That'd do it.

When I do rope drop.... I do rope drop. As in... I'm the first or second in line at the tapstile.

What you didn't see was the 15 or so that were mostly blurry blobs.

Meh. Who cares. When I shoot my models, I will easily take over a hundred to get the one I want.

I confirmed the 10 photo limit...I think maybe since you use photobucket, it will allow you 30 since you're not uploaded the full file, but rather a thumbnail.

Ohhhh... Okay. Not posting from somewhere else. Got it!

I do prefer Pepsi, but I just don't drink many sodas. Pretty much just flavored sugar water and I'd just rather drink tea or water and save my calories for yummy stuff like dole whips.

Good plan.

What can I say, except you're welcome! ;)

Yeah, I noticed for grizzly bears, the techniques are different as well. Never seen a polar bear except at a zoo.

Seen tons. Including in town.

You learn very quickly to never walk around a building unless you give it a wide berth. Gotta see around the corner so you can give yourself a chance to escape.

Not kidding.

My brother explained bits to us, so not seeing the movie wasn't a huge issue.

You should see it if you get the chance. Not great. But not bad.

When it was in the theatres... in 3D... it was spectacular.

It is worth the effort...just in case you hadn't already figured that out.

Yep. Meghan mentioned it was good too. And I saw Liesa's comment about it.

Not only was it highly refreshing given the previous two meals, but she was fabulous. She really thought I'd added wrong or something and was trying to give me money back. She was exceptional and deserved an exceptional tip.

:goodvibes

Took about 30 pictures on the safari. Had about a 10% success rate. Glad that one turned out because it seemed rare according to the driver.

Not a high rate of return... but better than zero. I've done that. (Turned the autofocus off and forgot to turn it back on. Whoops!)

Another spoiler alert...temporary fail maybe.

::yes:: I believe you mentioned something to that effect on the dad's board.

Good.

Just meh. The decor is pretty cool, but I still think more for littler lads/lasses.

Yep. Agreed. Won't go back if I have a say.

You could, but given the price of the package vs. buying the items individually, I consider the package a good value. If nothing else, I can give the tickets to someone for the ROL seating and make them happy. Or maybe I can take a pillow next time and then I can nap through it. I'm sure my snoring will neither enhance nor detract from the show.

:laughing:

You learn very quickly to never walk around a building unless you give it a wide berth. Gotta see around the corner so you can give yourself a chance to escape.

Not kidding.

This is wild!! We would have the occasional black bear cross our lawn, but it was pretty rare. And they weren't usually there because they were starving. Polar bears are a whole different beast, I'm sure! Other than that, the biggest thing we have to worry about around here is meeting a moose. Especially when mama's got a calf...given the choice, I think I'd rather risk it with the black bear...

Yep. Meghan mentioned it was good too. And I saw Liesa's comment about it.

I did!

Tell Andi I'm with her. PR enjoyed it. B never told me one way or the other.
Here's a plan...next time I'll go to Tiffins and you and PR can go and Andi and I can ride EE or Dino or something while we're waiting. ;) Or better yet, go get dole whips.

You got that right! I do not ride EE to scary for me and Andi loves it so that work!

Not kidding.

:scared1:

Either that, or send someone else ahead of you.

:scared1:

Reminds me of the old joke....if you've heard it, my apologies...

Two guys are walking in the woods and come up on a grizzly bear.
The one guy starts to run.
The other guy says you can't out run him.
I don't have to out run HIM, I just have to out run YOU!

I've actually done that. Walked several paces behind someone and when they round the corner and either don't freeze or run, then I take the corner tighter.

::yes:: Yep. A variation is:

When you go out in the woods, take a gun and a dog.
"So the dog is to warn you and the gun is to shoot the bear?"
Nope. If you see a bear, shoot the dog and run.

::yes:: Yep. A variation is:

When you go out in the woods, take a gun and a dog.
"So the dog is to warn you and the gun is to shoot the bear?"
Nope. If you see a bear, shoot the dog and run.

Doc's version is the one I'm familiar with. Pkondz probably recalls my daughter's t-shirt: Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Except bears, because bears will kill you.

I've actually done that. Walked several paces behind someone and when they round the corner and either don't freeze or run, then I take the corner tighter.

Mental note: watch Pkondz like a hawk if walking around town with him.

OK, so on a Friday afternoon at work, it's finally calmed down so I'm getting a chance to read your report while waiting for DW to pick me up. Time to answer some questions! For the record, I've answered these before I scrolled to your next "Animals" update. So if there are any revealed answers, I haven't seen them yet!

Why was I not very hungry for dinner?
a) We went to a movie and I had a ton of popcorn and soda
b) Because of my diet and losing 59 lbs, I just can't eat as much as I once did
c) It was a late lunch
d) A relative I hadn't seen in a while stopped by with my favorite dessert and I had dessert (more than one serving) before dinner

Why did we not have ribs for dinner like my mom planned?
a) Because everyone else wanted brats
b) Because she thought they were already cooked
c) Because she doesn't have a grill
d) Because she changed her mind
Not very hungry because of eating dessert
Didn't have ribs because she changed her mind

A few more questions I need to ask before I post the next chapters.

What ADR did I change from?
a) Rainforest cafe
b) Tiffins
c) Tusker house
d) Yak & Yeti

What did I change it to?
a) Rainforest cafe
b) Tiffins
c) Tusker house
d) Yak & Yeti
** Small hint...the answer to both should not be the same ** :rotfl2:

What show(s) did we see that we've never seen before?
a) River of Light
b) Lion King
c) It's a bug's life
d) a & b
e) a & c
f) b & c

A DISmeet was scheduled for Monday. Did it happen?

How many new (to us) rides did we do at AK?
a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4

What did we do Tuesday that wasn't originally planned.
a) took a special trip to Polynesian for dole whips
b) Got a last minute ADR for Ohana
c) Went to EPCOT
d) Rented boats and got in trouble with the harbor patrol
ADR change from - Yak & Yeti
ADR change to - Tiffins
Shows - a & c
DISmeet - yes!
New rides - 2
Tuesday - Poly for Dole whips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!