Spring break - we're not in college anymore Toto - Feb 2018 TR

I like cake & ice cream together, but understand your point and as you saw, there are several things I don't like mixed although I like them separately.

::yes::

Yes. I was actually thinking of that when I responded. I'd recommend to change your wish list to Kusafiri. The one at Kusafiri looks better and the Mickey one wasn't that great and the one at Kusafiri is the the one @ariane37 said was really good. I got the wrong one and I will remedy that in September.

So you're saying don't get the one at Creature Comforts?

It was one of the automated ones.

You'd think they'd be: Quick! Stop that email!

I'm looking forward to hearing them again in 4 months.

I thought I'd asked you this before, but can't seem to find it. What are your dates?

So you're saying don't get the one at Creature Comforts?
Correct! The one at creature comforts wasn't that good and the one at Kusafiri LOOKS a lot better and was highly recommended by Ariane. Go with Kusafiri instead would be my recommendation and what I'm doing in September.

You'd think they'd be: Quick! Stop that email!
I think maybe they wish they had. :rotfl2:

I thought I'd asked you this before, but can't seem to find it. What are your dates?
23rd - 29th.

Wow! That's a seriously impressive list! I've added a few to my must-try list thanks to you. Thanks so much for sharing your trip stories with us!
Thanks Meghan. Still working my way back to catch up on yours. It's kinda daunting with my new workout/commute/work/work schedule and seeing how far I am behind, but to quote Liesa..."I can, I will"

Your list is massive!! So many firsts!! Color me impressed!

I am grossly over-busy right now with WAY too much going on in prep for my 2 graduates' party mid-June. (1 from HS and 1 from University) so am barely keeping my head above water. Not much time for the DIS lately, sadly. But, I AM reading and am trying to at least say caught up by reading even if I suck at commenting for a spell.

I found they also have huge cinnamon rolls (although not Mickey) at Kusafiri coffee shop

Yes, these are the ones getting the rave reviews at AK, much akin to Gaston's in MK. This in on my brekkie list for my next trip. Been there for a bit now.

Your list is massive!! So many firsts!! Color me impressed!
Dagnabbit!!! I've looked through my entire box of crayons and all the little pieces that seem to go everywhere and cannot find my impressed color crayon. Is red okay?

Thanks Liesa. Considering how much you've done in the last year, to impress you is high praise indeed.

I am grossly over-busy right now with WAY too much going on in prep for my 2 graduates' party mid-June. (1 from HS and 1 from University) so am barely keeping my head above water. Not much time for the DIS lately, sadly. But, I AM reading and am trying to at least say caught up by reading even if I suck at commenting for a spell.
I understand. I don't have graduations coming up, but working one full time and one part time job has severely impacted my DIS time as well.

Yes, these are the ones getting the rave reviews at AK, much akin to Gaston's in MK. This in on my brekkie list for my next trip. Been there for a bit now.
The Mickey head one, in case you didn't notice, did NOT get rave reviews and won't be a repeat for me. I like caramel, but when I want a cinnamon roll, then I want more cinnamon and less caramel style.

Great work hitting so many things for the first time! Glad it was a great trip!
Thanks Mark. We did have a great time and looking back, I'm kinda proud of myself we hit so many new things. I'm already working on the new (and must repeat) list for September. I guess I missed a first...first time doing a TR. Not sure if I'll do another...not my forte obviously.

CONTEST RESULTS

For the few that played, here are the scores for the contest:

pkondz = 37 + 16 correct firsts = 53
steppesiser = 36
captain_oblivious = 33
Terra Nova guy = 30
afwdwfan = 28
disneyandi14 = 1 (she only was able to answer one set of questions, so not as bad as it appears)

pkondz got 16 of the new ones:
Cape May
Beaches & Cream
50s Prime Time
Tiffins
Giant Mickey Head Cinnamon roll
Train Tour
Stormalong Bay
Flight of Passage
Dole whip (x3 I guess for Dole, float, upside down pineapple cake)
Rivers of Light
SW fireworks
Voices of Liberty
Olaf meet and greet
Karamel Kuche

What he missed:
Beach Club Villas
Boardwalk Villas
AP
Ale & Compass
Nine Dragons
DVC member club
Beverly
The Lion king (it is possible we've seen this before, but I don't think so...I would have remember the acrobatics which were great)
NRJ
Wedway People Mover
Ariels grotto or whatever at MK (I'm sure DDs and/or DW have been on this, but 1st time for me)
Yeehaa Bob
Ariel's show
Disney Movie Magic
Clown pool at BWV

Hmmm, somehow I missed in the count. I count 15 he missed, which would make 31 total.

Here are the answers (feel free to check my math in case I missed.) Steppe almost caught pkondz got 3 points for closest number of firsts. Several others weren't far behind. It was his guessing the firsts that put him over the top.

Will we drive or fly? 10 points - DRIVE
If we fly, how many minutes early or late will we be? 15 points for closest, 10 for next closest, 5 for third closest. - N/A
If we drive, how many times will we stop for gas/food/potty? - 2
If we fly, will we rent a car or take ME? - N/A
If we drive, how long will it take us? 15 points for closest, 10 for next closest, 5 for third closest. - 7:45
If we fly, how long will it take from the time we land until we get to our resort? - N/A
How many total days will we be there? - 6 (checked in Sunday night and checked out Saturday morning)
Where will we eat each day? 5 points x3 (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
EDIT: Sorry, not expecting you to list exact day and place...just list of places. - Ale & compass, Cape May Cafe, Tiffins, Rainforest Cafe, Biergarten, Nine Dragons, Golden Oak Outpost, Crystal Palace, River Roost, 50s Prime time cafe, Rosie's and of course boardwalk bakery for breakfast just about every morning.
Which day(s) will we go to the park? 5 points for each correct day. - Days 1,2,3,5 (Mo, Tu, We, Fr)
Which parks will we go to? 10 points for each correct - All of 'em.
How many new resorts will we step foot into? (not just new, but any) - 3 (BCV, YC & BWV) Ironically, I had intentions of visiting several others (swan, dolphin, contemporary, polynesian) and didn't make it to any of 'em.
Will we stay on or off property for last 1-2 days? - Off (unfortunately)
If on property, which resort? 20 points - N/A
If off property, where? 20 points - The resort that shall not be named again
What will be my favorite new restaurant? - Tiffins!!!
What will be my favorite new meal? - Steak
What will be DW's favorite new restaurant? - N/A
What will be DW's favorite new meal? - N/A
What will be DD's favorite new restaurant? - Beaches & Cream
What will be DD's favorite new meal? - Cheese bagon fries (well, had a burger with it :lmao:)
My brother, SIL and niece live near Disney. How many days will 1 or more of them join us? 2
Which day(s) - 15 points for each correct. -10 for each wrong. -- Gotta keep you honest and not just guess every day! B was with us at AK & MK
How many Dole whips will we get? - 6 (1 each 3x)
How many times will I eat bacon? - 8 (had it every morning and twice on a burger)
***** 4 Possible rides in each park *****
Will we ride space mountain? - yes
Will we ride TMRR? - yes! You better!
Will we ride 7DMT? - no
Will we ride splash mountain? - no
Will we ride TT? - yes
Will we ride soarin'? - yes
Will we ride FEA? yes (although the we is questionable...PR rode it twice and me 0, so average = yes for we)
Will we ride SE? - yes
Will we ride RNRC (or is it just RRC)? - yes (3x baby!)
Will we ride ToT? - yes
Will we ride TSMM? - yes
Will we ride Star tours? - yes
Will we ride Everest? - yes
Will we ride FOP? - yes
Will we ride KRR? - no
How many rides will be new for us? (keep in mind they might not be listed above) 3 (FOP, NRJ, WPM)
Which night time show(s) will we see? ROL, HEA, Fantasmic, SW fireworks, Disney movie magic

What was the 2nd stop for – Gift - There's a farmer's market in Valdosta and I got some peas my mom loves
Overall, how was traffic - Great - This is almost unheard of (or un-heard me saying it, but it was fantastic except at the beginning)

Why wasn't I that hungry for dinner – We went to a movie and had a bunch of popcorn
Why didn't we have ribs like my mom planned – She thought they were pre-cooked. (Sorry mom, I went to the butcher shop)

What ADR did I change from? Tusker House
What did I change it to? Tiffins (and am I sooooo glad I switched)
What show(s) did we see that we've never seen before? ROL, HEA, SW Fireworks, Lion King, Under the sea. I can't recall for sure, but I'm almost certain we saw beauty & the beast before.
A DISmeet was scheduled for Monday. No. Didn't happen until Tuesday.
How many new (to us) rides did we do at AK? 2 - FOP & NRJ
What did we do Tuesday that wasn't originally planned? Went to EPCOT

Actually, looking at that last answer, just reminded me of another first...
This is the first time we hit all 4 parks in one trip. As I said, we normally alternate park and relax days, so normally only hit 3 of the 4 parks and sometimes only 2 because we go to 1 park multiple days.

So, pkondz, Liesa and Mark, you're the top 3, so you get a prize. PM me and I'll tell you what the options are.

Last edited:
Dagnabbit!!! I've looked through my entire box of crayons and all the little pieces that seem to go everywhere and cannot find my impressed color crayon. Is red okay?

Red works!

Red is an impressive color. ;)

Thanks Liesa. Considering how much you've done in the last year, to impress you is high praise indeed.

Nah, I'm equally impressed with anyone who works hard and follows their dreams. :)

I understand. I don't have graduations coming up, but working one full time and one part time job has severely impacted my DIS time as well.

Stinks, don't it?

The Mickey head one, in case you didn't notice, did NOT get rave reviews and won't be a repeat for me. I like caramel, but when I want a cinnamon roll, then I want more cinnamon and less caramel style.

I can go either way on rolls, pecan/sticky, OR caramel-y. Either way, they're better with nuts.

For the few that played, here are the scores for the contest:

steppesiser = 36

Crap! If I'd had time I'd have smoked him out of the water!

I coulda been a contender.... I coulda been somebody.

steppesiser = 36
captain_oblivious = 33
Terra Nova guy = 30
afwdwfan = 28
disneyandi14 = 1 (she only was able to answer one set of questions, so not as bad as it appears)

Well, as long as I beat Jeff and Andy. That's the important thing here.

Red works!

Red is an impressive color. ;)
<Darth Vader> MOST IMPRESSIVE </Darth Vader>

Nah, I'm equally impressed with anyone who works hard and follows their dreams. :)
Work, yes. Follow my dreams...sometimes. I have several ideas for starting my own business/company, but the patent to make sure someone doesn't steal my idea as soon as I start it is $10-12K each, so I'm still working for someone else. At least I have a good job now vs. one I hated going into work for.

Stinks, don't it?
::yes::

I can go either way on rolls, pecan/sticky, OR caramel-y. Either way, they're better with nuts.
Okay, that gets multiple yeses ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
Pecans are my favorite, but they're all better with nuts.

Crap! If I'd had time I'd have smoked him out of the water!
I thought that for you, Mark and Jeff...it was a close race up until the end...he was the only one that listed the firsts and that gave him the huge win at the end.

I coulda been a contender.... I coulda been somebody.
I know that's from a movie, but can't place it and not gonna goodsearch it. Speaking of goodsearch...you might be able to use it as well and every search donates a penny to your charity of choice. Not sure if the Africa ministry is on there, if not you can get it added.

steppesiser = 36
captain_oblivious = 33
Terra Nova guy = 30
Ugh! So close! Well, now I know what the guy who comes in 4th at the Olympics feels like.

I certainly enjoyed your report, even if I lost my way a bit at the end. But I’m going to use your list of firsts for planning my “bucket list” for my August trip. Looking forward to it!

Ugh! So close! Well, now I know what the guy who comes in 4th at the Olympics feels like.

I certainly enjoyed your report, even if I lost my way a bit at the end. But I’m going to use your list of firsts for planning my “bucket list” for my August trip. Looking forward to it!
Jeff, don't fret...
I lost my way at the end too...new jobs and other life stuff made it difficult to get DIS time. Glad 1 of my 5 (maybe 6) readers enjoyed it! ;)

Glad I can help with your bucket list. I can't say often enough, if youve never done Tiffins, VOL or yehaa Bob, those are all very much worth re-arranging schedules or plans for. If you do make it to Tiffins, ask for Abby. I'm not saying the other folks there aren't good also, I just know how fantastic SHE was.

Work, yes. Follow my dreams...sometimes. I have several ideas for starting my own business/company, but the patent to make sure someone doesn't steal my idea as soon as I start it is $10-12K each, so I'm still working for someone else. At least I have a good job now vs. one I hated going into work for.

That sounds like a great plan, and I hope that someday it'll come to fruition! but, for now yes, sounds like a wonderful, positive change!

I know that's from a movie, but can't place it and not gonna goodsearch it. Speaking of goodsearch...you might be able to use it as well and every search donates a penny to your charity of choice. Not sure if the Africa ministry is on there, if not you can get it added.

From On the Waterfront. :)

On a totally different note, thought maybe my 5 readers might be interested, especially @Steppesister . Not sure what the rules are about hidden Mickeys not on Disney property.

We went to the GA renaissance fair last weekend (2nd time) and saw Mickeys (not necessarily hidden) and they even had dole whips (or close facsimile thereof)...
blob.jpg
blob.jpg

It seems as if possibly they bought the shutters from Disney, because several locations around the stage were the same yellow boards with the Mickeys in them. Some were more subtle (not necessarily hidden).

On a totally different note, thought maybe my 5 readers might be interested, especially @Steppesister . Not sure what the rules are about hidden Mickeys not on Disney property.

We went to the GA renaissance fair last weekend (2nd time) and saw Mickeys (not necessarily hidden) and they even had dole whips (or close facsimile thereof)...
View attachment 325952
View attachment 325953

It seems as if possibly they bought the shutters from Disney, because several locations around the stage were the same yellow boards with the Mickeys in them. Some were more subtle (not necessarily hidden).
Niiiiice.
Reason to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!