SPRING TIME AT WDW

April 18, 2018 – Epcot day. You won’t believe this but the Frozen ride was a walk on! It was really cute and the kids loved it. Then Karen, Zoey and I went to get our pictures taken with Elsa and Ana. This was again a walk on. I couldn’t believe it. We just hit it lucky.

We had reservations at Akerschuss. Oh I know that is spelled wrong but I’m too tired to look it up. This was a Princess brunch. They had a cold line for baked goodies and fruit. Then they brought over a tray with hash browns, eggs, bacon and sausage. Everything was so good. We asked for more eggs and bacon twice! Everything was so delicious. I did have a bite of the hash browns. They were so creamy and wonderful. But I was being good, no carbs. However I’m sure I overdid the calories big time on this brunch.

Next we had fast passes for Soarin. Oh I love this. Karen is not a fan as it bothers her and makes her dizzy. We waited for 40 minutes to do Living with the Land. The kids were amazed to see things growing like that.

We did the Nemo ride and Karen took Zoey to see Turtle Talk with Crush while Chuck, Jesse and I went to see all the fish.

We all got together and went for our fast passes on Test Track. Chuck always designs a “dork car” and I get to decide the color and accessories. The last time our dork car came in first. Not this time, we came in last. We was robbed!

Karen took the kids for dinner and play time while Chuck and I went to visit the countries.

I got a pill container for Joan in China plus and Owl keychain for me. We looked in all the countries except Canada and Morocco. I was just about done. We stopped back in Germany to get the chocolate dipped pineapple for Karen and me. Something we both didn’t need, but what the hades, we’re on vacation and will go back to being good tomorrow.

I can’t believe tomorrow is my last day! It will be a late night and the driver is coming for me at 6:30 on Friday morning. I think I will try and pack some stuff tonight.

38669425_10204646509358390_4950520515304357888_n.jpg

38697874_10204646514118509_6506192029653925888_n.jpg

38600394_10204646522318714_6183255470187216896_n.jpg

38624381_10204646527678848_314247436899975168_o.jpg

April 19, 2018 – Well, here it is my last day at Disney World. It’s going to be a long fun day.

Since it was warm, we decided to go on Splash Mountain. Jesse got to go by himself in the front, then Chuck and Zoey next, with Karen and me next. It was such a cute ride and then the drop. I didn’t get wet, I got SOAKED. Karen thought it was amusing since she didn’t get nearly as wet. Somehow I didn’t see the humor. In fact I didn’t see anything since my glasses were full of drops. LOL We stopped in the rest room while I attempted to dry off with paper towels a bit and clean my glasses. Everyone did get wet but I took the prize.

Still dripping, we went on Thunder Mountain. We all love this ride, even Zoey. It was still early morning so we did Pirates and then watched the Pirate show. Zoey got chosen to learn how to be a pirate. It was very cute.

We had an early lunch at Pecos Bills. We all love eating here. I got my usual bacon cheeseburger without the roll. Karen got a side order of chicken and made her own taco salad at the fixings bar. It looked so good we decided to have dinner here as well and I would have the same taco salad.

Chuck asked what I would like to ride since it was my last day. I wanted to ride Winnie the Pooh. As soon as we got in line, the ride broke down. I asked Zoey what she wanted to do and she wanted to ride Barnstormer again. Both kids love this coaster but I wanted to look at souvenirs at the Big Tent. I was looking for something Winnie the Pooh for a friend but couldn’t find anything. But I did find a great Minnie Mouse shirt and earrings that I liked.

When everyone was done with Barnstormer we went to the Hall of Presidents. I haven’t seen this much lately, but whenever I do when Lincoln stands up at recites the Gettysburg Address, it gives me chills. I get very emotional when I see Lincoln. Then President Trump stood up and gave his speech. We were sitting a ways back so I could’nt see the details of his face, but he does look like he was Hillary and made over to Trump. Hopefully they can fix this. There were also two policemen on either side of the stage. I guess people get nasty about Trump being president. I don’t care how you feel about Trump, but give respect to the office.

We went to the Haunted Mansion next. Everyone loved this ride again. It was very hot and Chuck wanted his Dole Whip. He loves them, Karen got a spoonful, but I don’t like them at all. Too sweet for me. Now that is something that hardly ever comes out of my mouth.

Karen and I went to look at the shops on Main Street while Chuck took the kids to Tomorrow Land to ride the Astro Orbiter and something else. When we were done with the shops, we went to Tomorrow Land to meet up with Chuck and the kids. They had a great time and we went on Buzz again. Chuck got 99,999. I didn’t do as well this time and only got 2,400.

We went to the Haunted Mansion next. Everyone loved this ride again. It was very hot and Chuck wanted his Dole Whip. He loves them, Karen got a spoonful, but I don’t like them at all. Too sweet for me. Now that is something that hardly ever comes out of my mouth.

Karen and I went to look at the shops on Main Street while Chuck took the kids to Tomorrow Land to ride the Astro Orbiter and something else. When we were done with the shops, we went to Tomorrow Land to meet up with Chuck and the kids. They had a great time and we went on Buzz again. Chuck got 99,999. I didn’t do as well this time and only got 2,400.

Zoey and Jesse wanted to ride the carousel and I stayed in the shade. We all wanted to go on the People Mover again. Chuck was excited to see that all the lights were on in Space Mountain. I guess they were doing some work on it. Chuck videoed it and we went on only to find ourselves stopped on the tracks. And
we waited and waited. We waited for about a half hour before we finally got started again. I have never been stopped on the People Mover ever! First time for everything.

Now my favorite ride. We had fast passes for Peter Pan. YAYYYYY I got to wave goodby to Nana and off we gooooo. Fun ride.

It was dinner time and we did go back to Pecos Bills. I made my taco salad with the chicken, lettuce, cheese, a bit of sour cream to mix with the salsa. It was a perfect dinner.

Next we went on the Arial ride and then Zoey got to meet her. Now our fast passes for the Dwarves Mine Train were ready. Oh this is such a beautiful and fun ride.

The kids wanted to ride Barnstormer yet again. Since it was getting late, we said OK. They must have ridden it a dozen times. Jesse found a friend and they stayed on ride after ride, but Zoey liked to get off, run around and get on again. They were having a ball.

While they were riding, I watched the fireworks. They were so beautiful. Nobody does fireworks like Disney.

It was time to head out. Winnie the Pooh was a walk on, so I got to ride it. I love me some Tigger. Then came slow going to get on the ferry. It was closing time so everybody and their grandmother was on that ferry.

We got home around midnight. I packed as much as I could, then jumped into bed. I set my alarm for 5. The driver was coming for me at 6:30. I had time to pack the last minute things. Karen got up at 6 to see me off. Meers was there right on time off I went to the airport lugging my laptop.

April 20, 2018

I printed out my boarding pass at the kiosk and then went over to an attendant to ask where security was.

She asked if I wanted a wheelchair. I must have looked pathetic, because she said, “oh honey you want a wheelchair. You don’t want to walk all the way over to security and then wait in line for 45 minutes. LLOYD! Lloyd came over, I sat down in the wheelchair and off we went to security. He took me off to the side and took my laptop bag and my sweatshirt off me and took it all out. All I had to do was sit. Then he packed everything back and put my sweatshirt back on me. The security lady asked me to show my hands palm up while she wiped some paper over them. Then she asked me to stand up while she did the same to the seat. After I passed that test. Lloyd took me to my gate. All I had to do was wait until 9:33 for my plane. Of course it was late, but only by a half hour this time. Somehow that flight back is always late. But when it came time to board, one of the flight attendants wheeled me right onto the plane. All I had to do was step on the plane and get into my seat. I think from now on I will always ask for a wheelchair at Orlando coming and going. It is so much easier on me.

When I landed, I went down to baggage and Joan was right there waiting for me. She helped me with my laptop bag and drove me home. She even took my laptop bag upstairs for me and made sure I was OK before leaving. I got into my jammies and didn’t leave my recliner. I went to bed early.

This has been such a wonderful vacation for me. Chuck and Karen took such good care of me. Chuck even went to get my scooter when I couldn’t walk another step. Karen always made sure I didn’t get too far behind them in the crowds. My grandkids were so loving to me as well. I got so many hugs and “Grandmom will you ride with me?” I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. They made this trip so perfect for me.

I know the pictures are so out of order, but it’s the best I could do, considering it’s been so long since April.

Now to plan our trip in October!

Thank you all for reading. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it.

April 20, 2018

I printed out my boarding pass at the kiosk and then went over to an attendant to ask where security was.

She asked if I wanted a wheelchair. I must have looked pathetic, because she said, “oh honey you want a wheelchair. You don’t want to walk all the way over to security and then wait in line for 45 minutes. LLOYD! Lloyd came over, I sat down in the wheelchair and off we went to security. He took me off to the side and took my laptop bag and my sweatshirt off me and took it all out. All I had to do was sit. Then he packed everything back and put my sweatshirt back on me. The security lady asked me to show my hands palm up while she wiped some paper over them. Then she asked me to stand up while she did the same to the seat. After I passed that test. Lloyd took me to my gate. All I had to do was wait until 9:33 for my plane. Of course it was late, but only by a half hour this time. Somehow that flight back is always late. But when it came time to board, one of the flight attendants wheeled me right onto the plane. All I had to do was step on the plane and get into my seat. I think from now on I will always ask for a wheelchair at Orlando coming and going. It is so much easier on me.

When I landed, I went down to baggage and Joan was right there waiting for me. She helped me with my laptop bag and drove me home. She even took my laptop bag upstairs for me and made sure I was OK before leaving. I got into my jammies and didn’t leave my recliner. I went to bed early.

This has been such a wonderful vacation for me. Chuck and Karen took such good care of me. Chuck even went to get my scooter when I couldn’t walk another step. Karen always made sure I didn’t get too far behind them in the crowds. My grandkids were so loving to me as well. I got so many hugs and “Grandmom will you ride with me?” I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. They made this trip so perfect for me.

I know the pictures are so out of order, but it’s the best I could do, considering it’s been so long since April.

Now to plan our trip in October!o

Thank you all for reading. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it.

Great report! One question, I see you were at WDW the week before Easter...how were the crowds? We are planning our trip for Spring Break next year and I’m a little stressed thinking about how busy it will be.

Great TR Mary! That one picture of a drenched Zoey though!
And I see that Jesse is juuust about as tall as you Graham Cracker! (Or has he surpassed you?!)
You all seem to pack a lot into your trips. Glad that you’re planning on the Oct trip too.

Thanks for reading bapcap. The crowds weren't too bad at all.

Thank you minniecarousel. He is exactly as tall as me right now. It won't be long before he shoots up.

Such a good report! Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I always enjoy your pictures. Such a nice family.

What a great trip. I loved how much your family loved on you. We are taking my mom in December. She has never been to WDW before. We are getting her a scooter even though she does not use one in her day to day. She has health issues, and we don't want her to miss anything.

Thank you piglet 50. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I do have the best family and I know how blessed I am to have them.

Thank you Clbemrich. Your mom will have a great time. Those scooters are the best thing to get around. We rent ours offsite so that I can ride it out to the parking lot and don't have to hope to find one if we change parks in the middle of the day.

Mary I love your trip reports, I feel like I was there! The pictures are wonderful!! Did Chuck lose weight? The kids are beautiful and getting so big!!! So happy to see you and Karen having such a ball!!!!

Oh thank you snappyd. Yes Chuck lost over 40 pounds, just by counting his calories, and he is keeping it off. Karen and I are so jealous. LOL Jesse is almost as tall as me, but that is not saying much. But I think by the time we go away he will achieve that inch. He is going to be tall as his daddy I'm sure.

We all did have so much fun even in the rain. Sometimes I think Karen and I should have our own vaudeville act. LOL We are ALWAYS laughing at something.

I really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for sharing it with us. The pictures were beautiful and showed that you all had a wonderful time and made fantastic memories.

Loved your trip report and all the pics! You guys had a wonderful time! I went with my two grandkids in May 2016. Such fun getting to share these memories with grandkids. I don't have to ask if it rained, lol. ;) Glad to see the pre-ordering on the phone worked out well for you guys. Must try that next time. I was trying to get a look at the sweatshirt you bought. It sounded interesting. I love your granddaughter's ruffly Minnie skirt. So cute! Were your grandkids sad to see you leave? Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much for reading. I love that sweatshirt especially the ears on the hood. LOL The only thing I wish it had pockets. But it is so soft and warm. Zoey loves Minnie and has the whole outfit including the sneakers.

Yes they hated to see me leave. It was only a day or so before I saw them again and we really missed each other. Now that I am living with them, they are very happy with this arrangement.

Thank you so much for reading. I love that sweatshirt especially the ears on the hood. LOL The only thing I wish it had pockets. But it is so soft and warm. Zoey loves Minnie and has the whole outfit including the sneakers.

Yes they hated to see me leave. It was only a day or so before I saw them again and we really missed each other. Now that I am living with them, they are very happy with this arrangement.

Oh, I agree. Pockets would be very helpful. Well, living with your grandkids sounds like a great arrangement. They will have fun making memories with you. :)

I'm sure they will remember all the crazy things we do together. I love to make them laugh.

Just got caught up with this report Mary!! Excellent time. Beautiful pictures and a beautiful family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter