Springhill Suites - Please Help

GORDYBOY

Earning My Ears
Hello

I have been offered a brilliant rate at the Springhill Suites - Orlando Convention Centre
International Drive. Anyone stayed there - whats it like? close to I Drive?

We wont have a car so any problem?

Only 7 days and counting.......

Thanks

Stayed there last January. It's a pretty typical SpringHill Suites if you are familiar with them. I like them. Includes free continental breakfast. It's in a cluster of fairly new hotels of the same type. (A Residence Inn (I think), a LaQuinta, an AmeriSuites (I think), etc.)
It's on Universal Blvd (which use to be called Republic I believe). This road veers off from International Drive at the Pointe Orlando shopping/entertainment complex, and then runs parallel to I-drive about a block south. So it's about a block walk to I-drive. About in the area of the Bahama Breeze restaurant (which I highly recommend, but it gets crowded).
If you got a good rate, go for it!

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

I have a couple of kids aged 10 & 12 and wondered if the pool was a decent size and
if they had any amenities for them?

Cheers

SpringHill Suites is a new concept by Marriott, and they did a nice job with it. You wont have any problems getting around as they offer a shuttle to both Univesal Orlando theme parks and all four Disney theme parks. Also, there are lots of restaurants and entertainment venues within a short walk on International Drive. I think your sons may like XS Orlando and Wonder Works, both at the adjacent Pointe Orlando. I dont recall about the pool - it is not a resort type pool, but certainly more then adequate for a nice swim. There breakfast, which is free is a great way to start the day and included lots of breads, cereals, juices, etc. In the suite was a couch, work desk, microwave and refrigerator. The link to their site is http://www.orlandospringhill.com

Also note that there is a SpringHill Suites in Lake Buena Vista too, although I have not stayed at that location.

Hope this info helps!

Cheers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter