Spur of the moment Disney Vacay! May 7-13

nikkilikesveggies

Earning My Ears
Nothing like realizing it's April and you haven't used any of your PTO days. What's a girl to do? Plan a random week in Disney only a month away! Nikki's steps to convincing the Fiancé it's a great idea?

1- Getting boo intoxicated and introducing the idea ✔️
2- Both asking for time off at work ✔️
3- Arranging an amazing furryboo sitter for furryboo ✔️
4- Ponying up for said vacay ✔️
5- Attempting to throw together plans, Fast Passes, and a few dinner reservations with 3 weeks to go?

Luckily we're a pretty 'go with the flow couple.' He's not been since he was 8 and I've been countless times.

These boards are pretty intimidating- everyone is so meticulous with planning! Some I've seen years in advance! Some planning the trip down to the minute! So I guess this is my attempt to throw together a fab week at Disney- going with the flow with a few set in stone plans... Wish me luck!

Sounds fun! I just decided on a trip for next month too! Speaking from experience, for an adults only trip, you don't really need to plan that much. No one's going to have a tantrum if you don't get to ride Dumbo or whatever :P
Just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere, the food, and whatever rides don't have insanely long lines!

Where are you staying?

Sounds fun! I just decided on a trip for next month too! Speaking from experience, for an adults only trip, you don't really need to plan that much. No one's going to have a tantrum if you don't get to ride Dumbo or whatever :P
Just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere, the food, and whatever rides don't have insanely long lines!

Where are you staying?

Very true! That's what I've done in trips past... Usually just wing everything. We tend to eat out A LOT at home so I'm really not interested in too many sit down meals. I really go for the rides and time in the parks. We are thinking 1 or 2 nice meals as a treat. Looking at options (I'm vegetarian, he's not) I'm really liking Sanaa. We are very adventurous eaters and not picky at all (except no meat haha). I love to explore new cuisines and we both love Indian food. Sanaa seems like a good choice,

We're staying at Pop Century. One day I'd like to splurge on a really nice resort (stayed at the Polynesian with work a few years back... stayed at the Swan in High School with a club trip... both are beautiful but so expensive and we really only spend 8 hours a day in our room anyway). Again, we go for the rides and spend all day in the parks.

Very true! That's what I've done in trips past... Usually just wing everything. We tend to eat out A LOT at home so I'm really not interested in too many sit down meals. I really go for the rides and time in the parks. We are thinking 1 or 2 nice meals as a treat. Looking at options (I'm vegetarian, he's not) I'm really liking Sanaa. We are very adventurous eaters and not picky at all (except no meat haha). I love to explore new cuisines and we both love Indian food. Sanaa seems like a good choice,

We're staying at Pop Century. One day I'd like to splurge on a really nice resort (stayed at the Polynesian with work a few years back... stayed at the Swan in High School with a club trip... both are beautiful but so expensive and we really only spend 8 hours a day in our room anyway). Again, we go for the rides and spend all day in the parks.

I think Sanaa is a great choice! It's a good atmosphere and the food is quite good. I went there with my guy 2 years ago and that is the one table service meal he wants to do again on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter