Squee!

TheOtherVillainess

Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.....
Our neighbor Judy is getting a new sewing machine. Her old one, however, works just fine. So she donated it to me.

Squee!

Now,I haven't sewed in years but it can't be THAT hard if anybody can learn to do it. I plan on using it to make some bedsheets with matching pillow cases as well as a renfaire costume. I've even thought of designating a special LJ to it but I'm not sure yet. I know I want to go see if WalMart or JoAnn's has the patterns I need. They might,cuz the ones I need are 'costume' patterns and Halloween is coming up.

The ones I'm considering are this one and this one. Both are period and I'm sure I can find some fabric I like for not so much money (or so I hope). I love them both..I might have to do both! ^_^

I've worked with both of those patterns. They are relatively simple but be advised they do have some tricky portions. Take your time and work through it step by step. If you get stuck give the neighbor who sews more a call!

We costumed 25 ladies in various scenes using these two and another pattern - mixing and matching components and fabrics - and no one (except the expert seamstresses in the audience!) could tell. A couple suggestions on fabric is to check out the home decor area - many of the curtain and upholstery fabrics are great for this type of costuming and generally much less expensive than garment goods. If you have a JoAnns in your area they usually have a wall of flat pieces - just avoid the stuff with the rubbery backing. Ok for stage but not good in a setting like a renfaire where people are a bit closer to the finished product! :rotfl:

Have fun!
Deb

Thanks..I plan on going to either WalMart's or JoAnn's today if I possibly can. What kind of material would be best for htis though? I live in TX and our renfaire is in April and May when it's starting to get hot out.

TOV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter