SSR 2 Bedroom Waitlist

TigerInGa

Earning My Ears
Need some advice here. I am going to need to waitlist a 2 bedroom at SSR. I know there are more "standard" than "preferred" rooms, but are they in higher demand? It's making me choose which category to waitlist. Any advice on which one has better chances? I know I can do 2, but I did my other waitlist at OKW, as I know they have a large inventory as well.

SSR has the following number of 2-bedroom Villas:
220 Dedicated Standard Location
140 Dedicated Preferred Location
264 Lock-Off Standard Location
168 Lock-Off Preferred Location

You can have up to 2 wait list entries active during a single UY. In total, there are 176 more standard location 2-bedrooms.

Standard Location and Preferred Location are both popular for different reasons. The standard location is popular because it requires less points than the preferred location. The preferred location is popular because of location (either near Carriage House or the walkway to Disney Springs).

SSR has the following number of 2-bedroom Villas:
220 Dedicated Standard Location
140 Dedicated Preferred Location
264 Lock-Off Standard Location
168 Lock-Off Preferred Location

You can have up to 2 wait list entries active during a single UY. In total, there are 176 more standard location 2-bedrooms.

Standard Location and Preferred Location are both popular for different reasons. The standard location is popular because it requires less points than the preferred location. The preferred location is popular because of location (either near Carriage House or the walkway to Disney Springs).

Great info Michael, thanks for sharing. I read somewhere once that said requesting dedicated is easier than "lock off", because folks reserving studios gobble up what would have been a 2 bedroom lock-off. Would you agree with that? Even though it looks like there are more standard lock-offs, there really aren't because those could be reserved as studios and / or 1 bedrooms, correct? Basically what I'm asking is, should I just leave my waitlist as is, for a 2 bedroom dedicated standard at SSR, and 2 bedroom standard at OKW in order to increase my chances?

I would take the existing preferred nights, and then place two waitlists. One for the missing preferred nights in a 2BR Dedicated, and another for the entire trip in 2BR Standard Dedicated. You are hoping for a cancellation, so at that point popularity is moot, and sheer numbers matter more. Lockoffs require both halves to be cancelled at the same time, which seems less likely than a single 2BR being dropped.

If you are going to also stalk, do SSR and OKW.

I would take the existing preferred nights, and then place two waitlists. One for the missing preferred nights in a 2BR Dedicated, and another for the entire trip in 2BR Standard Dedicated. You are hoping for a cancellation, so at that point popularity is moot, and sheer numbers matter more. Lockoffs require both halves to be cancelled at the same time, which seems less likely than a single 2BR being dropped.

If you are going to also stalk, do SSR and OKW.

Great advice, thank you for taking the time to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter