SSR Bashing & Renter Bashing - All in one thread !1

You get those emails, too?

Gosh. I just got one the other day. I'm so excited. I dutifully sent them my social security number and my bank's routing number and account number on Friday. By tomorrow, I'm supposed to have several thousand dollars waiting for me! :lmao:

And I believe in the tooth fairy, too . . . :dance3:

Mike as a matter of fact just got one so we can be rich at the same time.

As follows:

Government Accredited Licensed Promoters,
Venderloop 1902 AB, Amsterdam,
The Netherlands.
REF: EL3/9318/04
BATCH: 8/163/EL

Attn:Sir/Madam
We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Lottery Winners
International programs held on the 25th of APRIL, 2007. Your e-mail
address attached to ticket number 653164251591-6011 with serial number
7321410,batch number 151085135,lottery ref number 6376527711 and
drew lucky numbers 4-9-17-36-44-78 which consequently won in the
1st category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay
out of us$ 2.000,000.00

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Customer Service Unit,

CONTACT PERSON: Van K.Gogh (MR)
Tel:+31 613 606 548
Fax: 31 847 454 671
E-mail:nlonlinelottery2007@yahoo.com.hk

Yours Sincerely,
Ickenroth LaRoche

Thanks for the post.
You made me feel better.
I just exchanged through Interval for a studio at Saratoga. I grabbed it before doing any research only because Disney Resorts don't show up very often for open exchange. After I did, I wondered if it was the best because reviews made it seem like it was sooo remote and you had to have a car (one of the reasons I wanted to stay in Disney was to avoid all that).
I have only gone on day trips to Disney before and stayed at Marriott Cypress harbor (yes one of those timeshare presentations, but for 2 free tickets to Magic Kingdom, it was worth it. No, I didn't buy there, I already had a timeshare).

One question, do you still get free DVD rentals if you exchanged or is that only for actual DVC owners?
Does any one know if it qualifies for the free dining package?

Sorry you had to suffer all that! How dare they give you that view and then suck you into buying? Evil, I tell you. Pure evil. They must be stopped (now that they got me, too). :rotfl:

Great report. Thanks for the honesty. We all need to hear more of that. It's refreshing to know that DVC accepts all, including smart-alecks.:lmao:

Thanks for making me smile tonight! :goodvibes Loved your creative twist on a trip report!

Have you ever considered writing a book?!
In the meantime, keep on posting!

Wow I really have been away from the boards for a while. Dumbo and Greenban are MIA since I've been away and now this. Welcome to the dark side, we've been waiting!!!

Ok.

Time to eat some crow. Maybe not.

SSR Bashing

In the beginning I was one of the people who said SSR was big and plain IMHO.

Well the wife and baby and I just got back from a week at SSR and let me list the problems.

1. We felt cramped in the Studio (we have stayed in 1 and 2 BDR for the last couple of trips and I was a tightwad with points this time) We are spoiled but I am blaming someone else other then me. It is Disneys Fault that were are accustomed to 1 & 2 BDR's. I see a lawsuit in the future after I get done with MCDonalds for making me gain some weight. :lmao:

2. The toaster did not work. Well, it did later in the week when I figured out the dial on it. I still blame it someone else for them not providing me a manual on how to use a toaster. :lmao:

3. The equestrian theming was unexpected. I was sure from all the SSR blasting that the resort was supposed to be boring. How dare SSR staff make such a nice resort. :rotfl2:

4. The place was not 20 miles in size as I have heard and as I thought. It took an entire 5 minutes for me to get from The Carriage House to Congress Park (room 2236). I had brought my hiking boots and backpack for the journey. Plus the busses that could be ridden or the bell hops offering rides on golf carts only added to the problem.

5. The view of DTD is entirely too nice. We were forced to sit in the rocking chairs at night and look as the cool wind from the water relaxed us. Horrible I tell you.

6. The pool at congress park was just too quiet and relaxing the several times we went to it. So we had to go to the main pool and were forced to have some of the drinks from the pool bar.

7. The Turf Bar & Grill food is entirely too good. Artist point hit the spot as well.

8. SSR took my money !!!! We were having such a bad time that we went straight to the Disney Preview Center and did an SSR addon on the spot. !!! How dare they accept our money.

Anyone take that I am being sarcastic here? For those who do not like the place I say give it a chance, if you still don't like it, np, I will gladly stay there anytime. The staff was extremely nice and the landscaping has grown out making the resort very beautiful IMHO.

Renting Bashing.

I have heard several people say that their guides had mentioned they could rent their points out if they wanted and thought they were full of BS. While my guide did not say this, while we were waiting to go sign papers for our SSR, I overheard a guide telling prospective DVCers that they could rent any points that they didn't use. So I guess I will take my crow with a little salt and pepper.

Nice twist;)

I am also gonna slug my way unwillingly at SSR on 5-22....
Although.....I was forced to stay in a 1BR....
I mean what do they expect me to do with all that space....
Surely they want me to bring my extended family
to cram in it:lmao: ;)
Kerri

can i request a certain building/section at ssr when i make the reservations? can someone please describe the different sections and their views (congress park, carriage house, grandstand, etc...). i looked at my maps and the maps online but i cant seem to find any that are labeled. thanks!

lol wow that was grate:rotfl2: I am buying inn to it I woulda rather akv but ive heard this is a good one and i can add akv later. I think that your report was so funny and i loved how you blamed disney for taking your money hehe:banana:

can i request a certain building/section at ssr when i make the reservations? can someone please describe the different sections and their views (congress park, carriage house, grandstand, etc...). i looked at my maps and the maps online but i cant seem to find any that are labeled. thanks!

Yes you can request, but there is no guarantee you will receive. We are at SSR right now.

The Springs is closest to the main themed pool, restaurants, community hall and front desk. Those are to one side and a lake is to the other. Congress Park will most likely be the next closest. It sits across the lake from DTD. The Grandstand is just slightly farther away, has it's own themed pool, and is surrounded by the golf course. The Paddocks are next furthest and can actually be the farthest away for walking purposes. If you are near the bridge or the ends it's not too bad. The Carousel is the farthest away, but when you compare it to walking all day at the parks, it's not that bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter