SSR deals for 1st time buyers?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I am just curious if there are any SSR deals for 1st time buyers right now?

You just missed a really good one that ended last month which was $15 of the rack rate of $101 per point.

Currently, you can buy for $10 off ($91) per point.

Next month, the rack rate is increasing to $104 per point, so 'maybe' the promo price will be $94 per point.

I just went in for a resale at 82 per point for SSR, lets see if it passes ROFR. That seemed pretty low to me, for 150 points.
So I would agree there are pretty good resales out there

We just bought today at SSR...got the $10/off plus an extra year's worth of vacation points with no maintenance fees on those 'extra' points (2006 points that must be used this year).

You can purchase cheaper on resale but this worked for us since we have a vacation already planned that we are now converting into our DVC to use this year.

Good luck with your decision.

Benefits of going through Disney are quicker turn-around (own tomorrow) and whatever incentives they are offering (currently point discount plus free additional 2006 points, and no closing costs. However, you have to buy at least 150 points (160 a/o March 5th) and the price per point is a little more than resale.

Benefits of going through Resale are possible cheaper price per point, getting the resort you want, can buy less than 150 points and many owners have banked points so you end up getting "free" additional points. However, you do pay closing costs, may have to wait up to two months before becoming an owner and in the end Disney may decide to buy back your contract, so you spent the time via resale for nothing.

I highly recommend you read past posts since there are hundreds of emails on this topic.

A different site that I found very helpful was mousesavers.com. Check out the article on DVC. It helped show why you should or should not buy DVC.

Good luck!

Well I can only speak for myself. I missed the Disney deal of 86 per point, and could only get SSR for 91 per point. I got the same number of points 150 for 82 per point, if of course, it passes through Disney's ROFR.
So for me, even with paying a closing cost fee, it was less expensive.

I have heard that Disney closes in about two weeks, and resales close in about 8 weeks or so, and that is doesn't matter too much to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter