SSR "fairway villas" - construction pics

LeCras

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>I don't think I cou
Just thought I'd post a few pics on how the construction of the "fairway villas" at SSR is coming along. These pictures were taken on 05/05/06.

The first picture was taken from where the DME buses stop.
IMG_1484.jpg

Next I moved a little further left, toward the golf course.
IMG_1485.jpg

This next picture was taken even further left, just behind the green.
IMG_1486.jpg

Here I have moved closer to the buildings, following the golf cart track in the direction of the resort entrance.
IMG_1488.jpg

One last picture, this one further to the right than the last one. Not sure what this low structure is? Any ideas? It is visible in the first picture as well - it's going to be pretty close to Carriage House.
IMG_1489.jpg

My DH can't wait to stay in this section once it's completed -he will finally have his golf view. :rolleyes:

Charlotte

I stayed at SSR, April 30 to May 6. I saw the low building in your last picture. It looked like it had a similiar foot print to the buildings at the quiet pools. I thought it might have looked a little larger than the other two. Maybe there will be a snack bar if it is the new quiet pool laundry/restroom building. Thanks for the photos. I really enjoy trying to guess what is coming.

Thanks for the photos! My DH loves golf too and I know he will love these locations. Will be glad when all of the construction is done!

Great photos. I'd think the "low building" in the last photo is the "Neighborhood Pool" for that section.

I will see if I can take some other pics- the construction is very evident from the walkway along the Trumbo Canal between OKW and SSR. We noticed the changes during our walk yesterday. I'll try to remember to take my camera next time! ;)

Thanks for sharing the pics.

bpmorley said:
Is this all part of SSR?

Yes, these are the last buildings in Phase III at SSR. Two of the buildings are part of The Paddock and the other four are on the golf course (Lake Buena Vista Golf Course). One building (of those four) is very close to the Carriage House and the others are along the canal towards the Treehouse Villas and OKW. All are a part of SSR. The resort presently has 12 buildings open and these remaining 6 will open in 2007 to complete the resort.

You know it is funny....I just bought add-on points at VWL and am waitlisting for BCV but neither make me smile like my HOME... :love:

SSR is just so beautiful to me...February will not come soon enough! As much as I love DTD view the golf course view sure will be tempting.

Thank you for the pictures!!!!

I believe that the 'low building' will house the new, enclosed theme pool....

DrTomorrow said:
I believe that the 'low building' will house the new, enclosed theme pool....
How many responses will this line get?

Anyone notice how the tone toward SSR has slowly been changing? At first, it seemed no one really liked SSR (the theming, location, etc.) Over the past few months it seems more and more people are starting to really appreciate SSR as a gorgeous resort.

It has taken awhile for the trees and plants to grow, especially after 3 hurricanes. :rolleyes: I think that makes the biggest difference. Then there is the new sit-down restaurant for those of us who like a little TLC. :)

My DH was the happiest camper in the world when he saw those pics, and the golf course view :goodvibes He bought a 270 pt contract at OKW just for the golf course there, and he has been pushing for an add-on at SSR :rolleyes:

DonnaL said:
Anyone notice how the tone toward SSR has slowly been changing? At first, it seemed no one really liked SSR (the theming, location, etc.) Over the past few months it seems more and more people are starting to really appreciate SSR as a gorgeous resort.
I have noticed less bashing. I have always liked the resort. I wouldn't mind any of those improvements people were talking about, but if SSR didn't get them I would still stay there time after time.

I also believe that more people are actually staying there as opposed to driving through or driving by; with all that construction, SSR didn't look at its best....

DonnaL said:

You know, I started a thread a while back entitled "Has anyone changed their opinion of SSR?" I got quite a few yes answers (positive changes) before the thread was taken over by our two resident trolls (may they rest in peace ;) )

Anyway, it seems as if the tide is a turnin'! :sunny:

I was hoping that opinions wouldn't change. that would always leave room for me at SSR

we are going to stay at SSR over christmas and new year, can anyone tell me which blocks are where in regards to closeness to pool / shops /food? also best views, what should i request? Is there anywhere that i can access a site plan of SSR. This will be our first trip as DVC members, its all very new to us HELP!! :wave2:

The low building in the pictures is the new pool house for the themed pool, going in the last phase of construction. If you look in the latest promotional "dream" book they give out during the SSR tour, you'll see that the pool is themed like a horse racing track. Personally, I think it'll go great with the whole resort theme!

Rooms closest to the resturant and main pools is the Springs. The rooms with the views to Downtown Disney is Congress Park. The Paddock has pond views. The walk to the main pool from the paddock is not that bad if you use the bridge over the ponds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter