SSR is #5 resort spa according to Conde Nast Traveler

La2kw

DIS Veteran
Haven't seen this posted yet, but according to the April issue of Conde Nast Traveler magazine, Saratoga Springs Resort was voted the number 5 Resort Spa in North America and the Caribbean. :banana: The top 5 are: Four Seasons Resort, Nevis; Post Ranch Inn, Big Sur; Mil Amo Spa at Enchantment Resort, Sedona; Bathhouse at Calistoga Ranch, Napa Valley; Saratoga Springs Resort, Lake Buena Vista. It scored higher than the Ritz Carlton Spa at Grande Lakes Resort in Orlando, the Spa at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami, and the Spa at the Breakers in Palm Beach among others. Saratoga Springs was also voted #4 for programs at a Resort Spa. :woohoo:

(In addition, the Disney Cruise Line spa was voted #3 in Cruise Line Spas.)

Saratoga Springs Spa has rated very high in the past. I have not had a chance to try it yet - any spa conissuers out there have any insight on what makes the Saratoga Springs spa garner such high ratings?

Saratoga Springs Spa has rated very high in the past. I have not had a chance to try it yet - any spa conissuers out there have any insight on what makes the Saratoga Springs spa garner such high ratings?

Staff, staff, did I mention the staff. :thumbsup2

In my opinion, not just the Spa staff and I have experienced all Disney resorts, SSR has the best overall staff on Disney property right now.

Can't answer based on my own experience. But to convince DW to buy into DVC, I made sure to schedule the tour conveniently after her trip to the SSR spa. Easiest sale ever. :-) Major caveat is that every trip home must include a trip to the Spa (which is pricey even with the DVC discount). She loves the people there, the different offerings, and it is a great facility (I did take a walk through). It does rank as her best spa experience.

In my opinion, not just the Spa staff and I have experienced all Disney resorts, SSR has the best overall staff on Disney property right now.

Spot On!!
I always take in a swedish massage when I go. Absolutely Heavenly! People have always been fantastic. Plus...sitting in the spa hot tub after the massage and they have to carry me back to my room ;)

That's great to hear, now if I can just talk DH into letting me go to the spa on this next trip. I mean how much money could I possibly spend.:rolleyes1

Very Very Cool! I love spas and can't wait until I visit my "home" for the first time so I can experience their spa! :thumbsup2

I agree Sammie:thumbsup2 SSR has an excellent staff and the Spa offers some of the best experiences I've had and I love my Vegas Spa trips! I've also had services on DCL and SSR wins hands down in terms of services, staff and treatments.

The SSR Spa is also the only place I buy that expensive body wash, scrubs and gels. I love Mystical Forest Therapies!:love:

Thanks for the wonderful news about our home!~

Makes me love it even more!!!!!:thumbsup2

~DW:3dglasses

I think it would be really great if they would consider adding a child-care centre to SSR - similar to other deluxe resorts. That way, if I wanted to try out the spa I could register DS for the club on property. As it is today, I would likely book in a spa at a resort with the care just for convenience sake.

I guess my only concern on the above would be an increase to dues, which would not be great. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too! :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised - though I really liked it when it was the Disney Institute, I believe someone different owned it at the time (now it's owned by the same company as the GF).

I was a member of the fitness center (as the DI) for over a year, I thought the set-up of the center was terrific. The staff was wonderful, the fitness center large, the woman's area with the whirlpool/steam room/sauna - the massages, everything was top-notch. I visited a little over a year ago, and I was still impressed with everything (though I preferred the old workout equipment) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter