SSR is a great DVC!

We are really looking forward to staying at SSR soon. From the sounds of it I should plan some time to visit the spa, check out the walking trails, and be glad no one in my party will have to sleep on the pull-out sofa :D

Can I ask (because it seems like some on this thread have stayed there recently)- have they switched to the refillable toiletry dispensers? I'm looking to pack accordingly (I bring my own conditioner if it's the little bottles because what they leave is never enough and I hate bothering mousekeeping just for that). Thanks!
We stayed in the Grandstand last fall and it did have the large dispensers. But other people staying in other areas reported still the small stuff.

I think every DVC resort has its share of fans, SSR included.

LAX

We also like SSR. Very relaxing being away from the pressure of the parks. We like riding the boats at OKW but enjoy our stays at SSR more.

I have a definite soft spot in my heart for SSR. Usually comes through for me on those “last minute” trips (live close enough that long weekend trips are doable if the urge arises)- and when it does- it’s reasonable points, and usually results in lots of fun times at the very walkable DS (which we love). Personally, I am glad there is an SSR in the mix...

We own at VGF (our favorite), but have twice stayed at SSR (preferred) for two "last minute" trips for just me and my DH. I love love love SSR for the peacefulness, spa, and access to all the FOOD at Disney Springs! Can't wait for the refurb!

I've never liked SSR personally since I went there when it opened, and my opinion I'm afraid hasn't changed over the years, but slum seems a little harsh!

We LOVE SSR and it is our home resort. Many stays there and just love it.

Our last 5 DVC bookings have been Aulani, Kidani, VGF, Poly and BWV. We enjoyed all of those stays but we miss SSR so much! In early 2020, we are returning to our home and I’m really looking forward to it!

Stayed there a few years ago with a friend using their points . At the time I wasn't an owner and never realized they booked us a preferred room. We loved having the walkway over to DS at night for dinner and thought the resort was great. However, its hard to justify using the extra points for the preferred room now being an owner because I can stay at many other resorts for the same amount of points per night.
If it was a few years ago, it was probably before the preferred/standard classifications at SSR, that's relatively new.

I love SSR too! One of the reasons we love it is one of the reasons other seem to hate it, I like the outdoor entrances. Feels more like an apartment than a hotel room. Plus I find those long interior hallways to be SO noisy! There's so much peace at SSR.

I think it'd drive me nuts if trying to visit parks every day.

No resort is close to everything. :)

I think every DVC resort has its share of fans, SSR included.

LAX

Agreed.

I quite like SSR, despite our first stay having one of the top three hotel issues I’ve ever had (massive mold/mildew problem). They handled it very well, and after I got through my reaction to the mold/mildew and we moved, we had a great time.

Love the Paddock area.

Can't wait for the refurbishment.

Would love if they could figure out how to make it golf cart friendly and more bike friendly with baskets, locks, bike stand near DS entrances, near the buildings, affordable length of stay rentals.

Not a fan of interior halls at SSR though, definitely not deluxe IMO.

We stayed in the Grandstand last fall and it did have the large dispensers. But other people staying in other areas reported still the small stuff.
I stayed in the Grandstand in January and they still had the small bottles. My wife was pretty happy about that lol.

SSR is definitely one of the prettier DVC resorts, love the landscaping there. We are fans of SSR too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!