SSR is a great DVC!

We enjoyed our recent stay at SSR more than we thought we would. We were in Congress Park, closest building to Disney Springs. Bunnies everywhere.

In Grandstand and we had shampoo and such on the shower wall.

I just couldn't fathom how far out the Carasel section was until I seen it first hand.

That section should require less points in which to stay and a couple of the Grandstand buildings should require more points. I know just how extremely lucky we were to be placed where I requested.

We are staying preferred in April. Approximately how far is the furthest building in Congress Park to the High Rocks Pool and Artist Palette? Approximately how far is the walk from Congress Park to Disney Springs? Thanks!

We are staying preferred in April. Approximately how far is the furthest building in Congress Park to the High Rocks Pool and Artist Palette? Approximately how far is the walk from Congress Park to Disney Springs? Thanks!
Probably about a 10 minute walk to get to the pool, but it will seem like less time, it’s a little over 1/4 mile. The distance from the closest building in Congress Park to closest part of DS is about 500-600 feet. But most of the shops are 5-10 minute walk.

I'm a long-time (22 years) OKW owner, have stayed at SSR 3 times. The first 2 times were in Congress Park, which is great--love the view of DS and short walk there. Last time was in Carousel, and it was then that I had the thought that people who dislike SSR must have gotten stuck there. Carousel has 0 amenities. When discussing SSR, Carousel really should be a separate category--SSR-C...so one could say "I love SSR, but SSR-C is the worst." In my opinion it really doesn't compare to the rest of the resort.

Probably about a 10 minute walk to get to the pool, but it will seem like less time, it’s a little over 1/4 mile. The distance from the closest building in Congress Park to closest part of DS is about 500-600 feet. But most of the shops are 5-10 minute walk.
Thank you so much!! So helpful!!

I'm a long-time (22 years) OKW owner, have stayed at SSR 3 times. The first 2 times were in Congress Park, which is great--love the view of DS and short walk there. Last time was in Carousel, and it was then that I had the thought that people who dislike SSR must have gotten stuck there. Carousel has 0 amenities. When discussing SSR, Carousel really should be a separate category--SSR-C...so one could say "I love SSR, but SSR-C is the worst." In my opinion it really doesn't compare to the rest of the resort.

Agreed.

I always book preferred because it's not worth the chance of getting stuck out in Carousel. I wish they would re-categorize some of the Paddock and Grandstand buildings as preferred and create SSR-C.

Agreed.

I always book preferred because it's not worth the chance of getting stuck out in Carousel. I wish they would re-categorize some of the Paddock and Grandstand buildings as preferred and create SSR-C.
Yes, I will never book standard again. We were BLESSED to have less than a 4-5 minute walk to most everything. But I will never stay there again unless I am in a preferred area. Can't chance the Carousel area ever.

If they could take points away from Carousel and place them in a couple of the Grandstand buildings, that would be great.

If you could rent a golf cart if you are in the Carousel location, that might work nicely too.

We stayed at the Treehouse Villas once, out past the Grandstand and never found it to be a horrible distance from SSR proper. It's definitely not "next door" to the main areas but I never found it to be a difficult walk. Everyone's idea of what is "too far" is different, so I tend to take comments about distance with a grain of salt.

Can't wait for the refurbishment.

Would love if they could figure out how to make it golf cart friendly and more bike friendly with baskets, locks, bike stand near DS entrances, near the buildings, affordable length of stay rentals.

Not a fan of interior halls at SSR though, definitely not deluxe IMO.

YMMV but I really like SSR, nice rooms and I enjoy the layout of the resort. Can't beat the boat ride to DS. Must say that we stay at SSR when we dont visit the parks that much compared to staying other places when we do parks more often.

Since SSR is so much more available in RCI we often just exchange in and save our DVC points for other stays.

In Grandstand and we had shampoo and such on the shower wall.

Wonder how often they are checked and replenished? Would hate to be short on shampoo and such during my stay.

Really enjoy smaller bottles to bring home.

We stayed non preferred in February and was located in the Grandstand 9101 building and the walk to the nearest pool was less than 2min. The walk to the Artist Palette was maybe an additional 3-4min slow walking. never tried to walk to DS, as we enjoyed the boat ride :-)

We enjoy it too! We own 210 resale points since last year and just purchased 75 direct at SSR over the weekend. Were so happy!

We are really looking forward to staying at SSR soon. From the sounds of it I should plan some time to visit the spa, check out the walking trails, and be glad no one in my party will have to sleep on the pull-out sofa :D

Can I ask (because it seems like some on this thread have stayed there recently)- have they switched to the refillable toiletry dispensers? I'm looking to pack accordingly (I bring my own conditioner if it's the little bottles because what they leave is never enough and I hate bothering mousekeeping just for that). Thanks!

We were in the Paddock area last weekend and received the small bottles.

Wondering if they are going to replace the mattresses here during the refurb. Back is just a little sore today, but nothing major.

We were just there and thought our mattress was great! Maybe ours had been recently replaced. We moved to Poly after a couple of nights at SSR and the mattress there was much less comfortable.

We were just there and thought our mattress was great! Maybe ours had been recently replaced. We moved to Poly after a couple of nights at SSR and the mattress there was much less comfortable.
Wow. Would have thought the Poly would have had wonderful mattresses. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!