SSR is a great DVC!

Wow. Would have thought the Poly would have had wonderful mattresses. Oh well.

Me too! We've stayed in the regular rooms there a few times also and they weren't fantastic either. To be honest our studio at SSR was in better shape overall than the one we had at Poly.

Well, let me jump into the SSR pool with everyone else! We always love staying there! The beauty, the quiet, the close parking, the spa, outside hallways, proximity to DS, cool upcoming refurbishment, subtle theming...I could go on and on.

One thing I noticed last time we were in WDW, staying at VGF (which we also love), and going to the Art Festival at EPCOT...we were getting on and off the monorails all the dang time! It took forever to get anywhere, hiking from one to another. By the end of the week I was really sick of it! I started thinking how great SSR is where you just get on a bus and go.

Is there a link or thread with pictures of the SSR rooms that have been refurbished? I’m just curious about the changes. Thanks!

Is there a link or thread with pictures of the SSR rooms that have been refurbished? I’m just curious about the changes. Thanks!

I don't think they have started on the SSR refurbishment yet. They did have some sample rooms, but none of them are the finished remodel product. Plus I have no idea how you get to see those rooms anyway.

SSR is our home resort, we love it now, but it has grown by leaps and bounds since it first opened. Back then we would stay there only when we couldn't score "something better", now for the most part it is our "something better".

We just booked SSR for an impromptu trip in September. 1st time to SSR. Any tips for room requests or anything else?

SSR is a beautiful serene resort. We love to take walks all over and we walk to Disney Springs. If you are STUCK in Carousel(we were in the last building 2 weeks ago and at first I was disappointed but during our week long stay I loved it. We faced the fountain and the golf course and courtyard- very pretty and quiet) we just hopped any bus to main areas and when we wanted to walk to DS we got off at Congress park. Somedays we took the full walk- great exercise and a beautiful walk. Room was spotless. Our HOME-we love it.

Also LOVE SSR! I am a fan of the beautiful grounds and always prefer parking outside our place.

Also LOVE SSR! I am a fan of the beautiful grounds and always prefer parking outside our place.
The parking is great along with OKW. Kidani is nice since it is in a garage, well under the building. But we never get a room close to an elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter