SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

To be clear: Several of the standard buildings have been started, at least three, perhaps four - for sure two in the Paddock and at least 1, maybe 2 in the Carousel. None have been finished.
People have reported staying in the Paddock in newly refurbished rooms. I think 1 building is finished, with 2 under construction and 2 in the Carousel. It looks like they might be done in the late spring April/ May with all buildings.

Last edited:
Wow! They're flying now.

Good.
Being able to shut down and work on multiple buildings at once it’s easy to make progress fast. Demo crew in one, painting crew in another and installation crew in another finishing crew in the last.

Last edited:
My WL came through today for a GV in Preferred View!!!!! SOOO Excited!
The CM asked me what section I wanted to request. I said Congress Park. Is this correct? LOL
I want to be able to see DTD. That is my first request and then close to the path walking to DTD second.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Being able to shut down and work on multiple buildings at once it’s easy to make progress fast. Demo crew in one, painting crew in another and installation crew in another finishing crew in the last.
I think the change in the construction company has helped as well. It appears from the lawsuit that the relationship between DVC/Disney and the first company was not good.

The CM asked me what section I wanted to request. I said Congress Park. Is this correct? LOL
I want to be able to see DTD. That is my first request and then close to the path walking to DTD second.

Thank you so much!
Yes - just make sure to specify that you want a water view. Congress Park is the closest section to Disney Springs. It’s not a long walk at all. We’ve stayed in the refurbed villas and they are really nice. I think you’ll love it! Have a great time!

Thank you so much!

We were there last weekend in a GV Preferred View and they put us in the Springs which actually worked out okay for us because we ended up eating at the artist palette for lunch one day (we didn't do parks). The walk to Disney Springs wasn't too bad except for having to wear a mask the whole way even when no one else was around. And we could catch the bus from Congress Park back to the Springs if we wanted to.

The GVs are beautiful. The only thing i wish was that the balcony was bigger - there's room for two people, maybe three if you bring an extra chair out with you. It's also nice that there is a door on the 2nd level so whoever is staying upstairs can use that door rather than having to drag their luggage up the staircase inside.

We were there last weekend in a GV Preferred View and they put us in the Springs which actually worked out okay for us because we ended up eating at the artist palette for lunch one day (we didn't do parks). The walk to Disney Springs wasn't too bad except for having to wear a mask the whole way even when no one else was around. And we could catch the bus from Congress Park back to the Springs if we wanted to.

The GVs are beautiful. The only thing i wish was that the balcony was bigger - there's room for two people, maybe three if you bring an extra chair out with you. It's also nice that there is a door on the 2nd level so whoever is staying upstairs can use that door rather than having to drag their luggage up the staircase inside.
DVC messed up big time on balcony space at SSR. A GV gets a slightly larger balcony than a studio. A 1 bedroom and dedicated 2 bedroom gets one the size of a studio. Get a 2 bedroom lock off and get 2 balconies. Next time I get a 2 bedroom at SSR, with the new refurbished rooms I’m getting a lock off. It now has real mattresses on the Murphy sofa bed.

RIV and BLT on 1 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms have larger living rooms that extend to where the balconies end, not at SSR. All rooms at SSR are the same length. I prefer the AKV/ VGF design full balconies for the width of the Villa.

Thank you so much!
Yes - that's the place to be at SSR.
I enjoyed Congress Park better when it wasn't "Preferred" :earboy2:
& Then it was still DTD-Downtown Disney", but now its called Disney Springs (DS).
I have to remind myself, also.:goodvibes

For standard, when people talk about requesting The Grandstand, The Haddock, etc...How and when do you do that? Can you call any time after reserving, or is that a check in day thing?

If I book preferred (studio), will I definitely get a refurbished room? I know this is probably discussed somewhere, but I searched and cannot find the answer. Thanks!

For standard, when people talk about requesting The Grandstand, The Haddock, etc...How and when do you do that? Can you call any time after reserving, or is that a check in day thing?
Last time I requested the Haddock, it came with Fries and Malt Vinegar ! :laughing:
But seriously, you can call and have a CM denote your request at time of booking.
It's not a guarantee; we requested the Paddock in January, and wound up in the Carousel.
I'd say that, since owning in 2010, we've gotten about 75% of our requests.

ET:darth:

We have a std view studio booked for May 2021. Do you think all the room will be renovated by then? I’m debating whether to switch to preferred view. We want to be close to walk to Disney Springs.

We have a std view studio booked for May 2021. Do you think all the room will be renovated by then? I’m debating whether to switch to preferred view. We want to be close to walk to Disney Springs.
If you want to be close to DS, I would change to a preferred and request Congress Park.

Hi. We will be ordering alcohol with our Instacart food order, just as I have done in the past. However, most resorts are smaller than SSR and I just go to the lobby to meet the alcohol driver.

Next month, when we are at SSR, will I need to meet the driver at cjeck in or has anyone had them drive to your villa. We are staying in a GV hopefully in Congress Park. I will just have the food delivered and kept with Bell Services. For the fee they charge it will be worth it not having to wait and meet them too.

Also, what about Uber or Lyft. Do I need to go by check in or will they come to the Villa/ Building.

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!