SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hi. We will be ordering alcohol with our Instacart food order, just as I have done in the past. However, most resorts are smaller than SSR and I just go to the lobby to meet the alcohol driver.

Next month, when we are at SSR, will I need to meet the driver at cjeck in or has anyone had them drive to your villa. We are staying in a GV hopefully in Congress Park. I will just have the food delivered and kept with Bell Services. For the fee they charge it will be worth it not having to wait and meet them too.

Also, what about Uber or Lyft. Do I need to go by check in or will they come to the Villa/ Building.

Thank you.
I can't answer the grocery question, but when we were there last summer (2019) we had a few Uber drivers pick us up directly at our building in the Paddock without an issue.

Hi Guys! We will be staying here for the first time and I don't know anything about the resort.

Normally I would be so excited to be right next to DS, but sadly we will be avoiding eating out there ☹️. So I'm looking for options near by that are not DS restaurants. Not sure which resorts are easy to get to from there. Are the water taxis up and running? Do they go from SSR to other resorts?

I can't answer the grocery question, but when we were there last summer (2019) we had a few Uber drivers pick us up directly at our building in the Paddock without an issue.

Thanks so much!

Hi Guys! We will be staying here for the first time and I don't know anything about the resort.

Normally I would be so excited to be right next to DS, but sadly we will be avoiding eating out there ☹. So I'm looking for options near by that are not DS restaurants. Not sure which resorts are easy to get to from there. Are the water taxis up and running? Do they go from SSR to other resorts?

Sorry, cant help too much but we are six adults staying in a GV and specifically chose SSR so we can walk back and forth to DTD.

Water taxis are not yet running and Turf Club is still closed.
Enjoy your trip.

Hi.

We are six adults and will be at SSR in three weeks and have a preferred GV booked, hopefully in Congress Park.

I would like us to get on the bus at the first stop if I end up not using Uber/Lyft. We do t mind walking. Where do we need to go to wait for the first bus.

Thank you.

It looks like Congress Park buildings 1 and 4 have decent views of DS for the 2 bedroom dedicated--at least from clicking around Touring Plans.

Is that accurate?

Hi.

We are six adults and will be at SSR in three weeks and have a preferred GV booked, hopefully in Congress Park.

I would like us to get on the bus at the first stop if I end up not using Uber/Lyft. We do t mind walking. Where do we need to go to wait for the first bus.

Thank you.
Grandstand is the 1st bus stop. It’s the other side of the resort, so you will get a good walk.
With Carousel under construction, I think Paddock may be the 2nd stop.

We will be staying in a preferred room, does anyone know which side of DS we will be on? Maybe we could walk over grab food and walk back? Or is that too much walking

Grandstand is the 1st bus stop. It’s the other side of the resort, so you will get a good walk.
With Carousel under construction, I think Paddock may be the 2nd stop.
The carousel stop is used by 2 Paddock buildings, Unless they are closed for refurbishment too, I don’t see them skipping this stop.

Hi.

Years ago, I was in a GV (now it would be considered Preferred) in Congress Park, which the living area directly
overlooked DTD (I believe it was Cirque).

I am heading back in a few weeks, in a GV Preferred View, requesting Congress Park but when I go on
touringplans, I only see the view from the side balcony. Does anyone know what I would request so
I can actually overlook the water and DTD?

Thank you so much!

Oops, I found it! Room 2645

Last edited:
Hi. Is the pool bar that is open have food if we wanted to have a snack or lunch while hanging out. We will be having food delivered but our friends also asked this question this weekend.

Thanks.

Just booked a stay at SSR for the end of Jan 2021. Never stayed there before so I have some logistcal questions. It seems staying in a DVC room is a bit different.

We are not DVC so booked with WDW just like a hotel guest, I am assuming.

Is there a gift shop and if so is it like other gifts shops at resorts?
We are in a studio and it seems there is a coffee pot with (like it when we first get up), does it include coffee and filters or do I need to bring those?
Any other glaring differences? When I booked they offered no housekeeping or every other day, which we chose.
So far that is it.

Really looking forward to stay there!
Any help is greatly appreciated.....😊

Hi. Is the pool bar that is open have food if we wanted to have a snack or lunch while hanging out. We will be having food delivered but our friends also asked this question this weekend.

Thanks.
The Springs pool bar was open. I don’t know if they were only serving drinks. The side tables around the pool has a QR code for mobile ordering food and I thought I saw a CM delivering Artist Point (QS) food to the pool.
On the app, the Grandstand pool. At was closed and Paddock open (and their food menu) but I didn’t check either out.

Just booked a stay at SSR for the end of Jan 2021. Never stayed there before so I have some logistcal questions. It seems staying in a DVC room is a bit different.

We are not DVC so booked with WDW just like a hotel guest, I am assuming.

Is there a gift shop and if so is it like other gifts shops at resorts?
We are in a studio and it seems there is a coffee pot with (like it when we first get up), does it include coffee and filters or do I need to bring those?
Any other glaring differences? When I booked they offered no housekeeping or every other day, which we chose.
So far that is it.

Really looking forward to stay there!
Any help is greatly appreciated.....😊
Yes, there’s a typical Disney resort gift shop attached to the main QS, Artist Point.

The coffee pot should be a flat bottom Mr Coffee 10-12 cup. Some studios will have a smaller one but you can request the larger one.
While they include coffee pouches, those pouches are terrible. (The coffee inside is OK for 6 cups if you empty the pouch into a normal filter)
The main difference in a DVC room is the pull out or Murphy couch instead of a 2nd bed, plus the microwave and toaster in the kitchenette.

If I have a stay booked using RCI points, is there a charge for parking? My previous stay was before Disney started charging resorts guests for parking.

The Springs pool bar was open. I don’t know if they were only serving drinks. The side tables around the pool has a QR code for mobile ordering food and I thought I saw a CM delivering Artist Point (QS) food to the pool.
On the app, the Grandstand pool. At was closed and Paddock open (and their food menu) but I didn’t check either out.
Paddock pool bar is open with yummy food.

Thank you both very much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter