SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

If you were in The Springs - Building 7, it wouldn't be that far to take the bridge over to the Paddock to refill. I assume it would be doable with a scooter but definitely not optimal.
Okay, so I am guessing that the quick service also has a refill station.

Or of course, we could simply go without the mugs. We like them to take home, but I just went through some cabinets and found 4 that belong to me. Plus whatever we have for my guys.

Just got an email informing me that there will be construction noise and that the On the Rocks Pool Bar and the Rock Springs Pool will be closed.

Guess that means that preferred isn't so preferred any more.

I got the same email for a mid-January trip in a preferred villa.

I guess I can live without that pool, especially in January. Am I correct that the Saratoga Springs spa is close to that pool? I was thinking about booking a massage, but now I'm not sure it would be a very good experience, due to construction noise.

I got the same email for a mid-January trip in a preferred villa.

I guess I can live without that pool, especially in January. Am I correct that the Saratoga Springs spa is close to that pool? I was thinking about booking a massage, but now I'm not sure it would be a very good experience, due to construction noise.
Wonder if the refurb could be kicking off. It's coming, and like OKW, they can start with the pool area first.
SSR is missing a really nice bar and restaurant, I'd love to see a nice place like what the built at Copper Creek for a bar/ quick serve and the Turf Club given a total overhaul to make it a destination restaurant rather than a 1980s golf club vibe.

We arrive next Friday! I just received the email if I had a room request (standard studio, Grandstand, Paddock, Carousel) can anyone help!?!?
Wife and I will have a car and do plan to spend some night time once parks close at Disney Springs.
Pool isn't i.portant to us or walking since we will have our own car.

I believe Paddock would be beneficial because of driving ourselves and using the back gate. Also the proximity to Disney Springs.

Anyone have room recommendations for Paddock?

Last edited:

i have been looking thru all of the postings and I still can not find the one that shows what room types are in each building. I saw it once before but I can't locate it now. I am looking for locations and the number of one bedrooms in each building. thanks in advance

Does anyone know to whom I would address an email or letter to recognize a cast member for outstanding service? Just got back from our first DVC stay at SSR. Had a bit of a bumpy start with our late arrival and no help in finding our room. But, the next day, one of the cast members at the desk went out of his way to turn things around and help me to feel so much better about our stay. We ended up really liking SSR!

There is a place to send kudos, but I don't no where. Try asking in the DVC Misc board. You will get better response there.

Does anyone know to whom I would address an email or letter to recognize a cast member for outstanding service? Just got back from our first DVC stay at SSR. Had a bit of a bumpy start with our late arrival and no help in finding our room. But, the next day, one of the cast members at the desk went out of his way to turn things around and help me to feel so much better about our stay. We ended up really liking SSR!
You can tweet with #castcompliments to @WDWToday with whatever details you have. They will get it.

I figure if we are able to go down in October, Columbus Day week, maybe the 8th-12th, most likely SSR will be possibly be my best option due to demand. I would really like a preferred studio in the Springs section. If not, I will be happy anywhere at SSR because I will be at Disney. I really don't think the place has a room with a bad view. It is so beautiful!

We spent a week in a Treehouse December 11-17, 2017. It was once again a great stay. We most likely will not book a Treehouse again though. The bunkbeds just do not work for us. I actually wish it had two twins or a full/queen size bed in that room. My 14 year old daughter did sleep in the lower bunk, but said that it was very uncomfortable. She could feel the bunky board thru the thinner mattress. My 11 year old son, who has a bunk bed at home, would not sleep in the top bunk. We ended up folding out the couch for him. We had my parents with us for this stay, so they had the guest room with the queen bed and my husband and I had the master with the queen bed.

I asked this question on another board I frequent and thought I’d ask here too:

I was on the OCC website looking at SSR Condo drawings and declarations. We signed a sales contract for .xxxx% of unit 10, which corresponds exactly to the seller’s deed as recorded in ‘04. However, the drawings for phase 10 have units 10A and 10B. Our current SSR holdings are for 122A and 67B. I’m not concerned but just curious as to what might explain the difference in the legal description vs. the drawings for the phases. We have had fun walking up to the buildings we own in and thinking “hey, I think we maybe own that doorknob ”.

we are arriving in 3 days!!! can not wait. It's been 12 years since I have stayed at SSR

We just booked our first stay at SSR in a Deluxe Studio for three nights at the end of our July vacation. Super excited as we have a few days to just enjoy the resort and pools!

I can't seem to recall so maybe someone can help. Are the barbeques at SSR all charcoal and where are they located?

100 Days! ! ! ! !

We are 100 days from arriving at Saratoga Springs for our 10 day stay.

We got blown away by Irma, and had to reschedule. We landed at Saratoga, a little apprehensive about it as a resort. But I think we are quite a bit more open minded, now.

We are staying Preferred, and I think we are going to request the Springs. I have a scooter and we can get over to Grandstand if it looks like they won't be able to load me at the Springs. Although I'm not sure how they do it during the day, when people are coming and going. It doesn't seem like the bus will ever be empty enough.

I'll write more later, but we have been back a week and I wanted to let people with scooters know to NOT request the Springs. Ugh.

Basically we had to travel to Grandstand Every Single Morning, if we wanted on the bus.

Our first trip, to Epcot, included a 40 minute wait for a bus that could take a scooter. In fact, a bus driver for Hollywood called for a bus to come directly to the Springs and get me. That was the last 10 minutes of the wait. The bus arrived empty and was fully loaded after our stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts