SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Using some of the room finders, I have been unsuccessful determining which room section in Paddock views the pool. Can someone help?

Buildings 9 & 10 have end units that will overlook the paddock pool. I looked on the touringplans.com room finder.

I just got back from Saratoga Springs and loved it!!! We stayed in the Paddock Section (building 6101 - 6436) and it was perfect - it was close to Springs and a very short walk to Congress Park. I think CP is the nicest section, but it's preferred and we only had standard. I loved being just a short walk to Disney Springs.

Last edited:

Checking in on Sunday! We would like to be near a pool with a mug refill station but are they open even if the pool isn’t open? When we stayed at GF last year, the drink station by the villas was open in the morning and had coffee too when the pool wasn’t open yet.
Thanks!

Hello, all. I'm happy to join this thread in preparation for an upcoming trip of firsts. This will be our first visit to SSR, our first mother-daughter WDW trip, and our first visit to WDW during the Christmas season. I have reserved a preferred studio for my daughter and I for the first week of December. We have requested the Springs section in hopes of being close to the Carriage House and main pool, but I know CP has its advantages as well, so we will be happy with either section. We plan to spend our arrival day just enjoying the resort. SSR looks so beautiful and peaceful that I could be easily persuaded to make this a resort only trip, but I'm afraid my ride loving daughter will not be up for that. We normally visit WDW as a family and have previously only stayed at AKL and BWV. We have never ventured over to DS, so we might take advantage of our close proximity to it this time and check it out. That would be another first to add to this trip. We don't really love shopping, but World of Disney sounds like it might be worth a visit. I've spent some time reading the first few pages and the last 15 pages of this thread as well as binge watching youtube video walk-throughs and reviews of SSR, so I feel like I have a decent idea of what to expect and look forward to learning even more while hanging out here.

Hello, all. I'm happy to join this thread in preparation for an upcoming trip of firsts. This will be our first visit to SSR, our first mother-daughter WDW trip, and our first visit to WDW during the Christmas season. I have reserved a preferred studio for my daughter and I for the first week of December. We have requested the Springs section in hopes of being close to the Carriage House and main pool, but I know CP has its advantages as well, so we will be happy with either section. We plan to spend our arrival day just enjoying the resort. SSR looks so beautiful and peaceful that I could be easily persuaded to make this a resort only trip, but I'm afraid my ride loving daughter will not be up for that. We normally visit WDW as a family and have previously only stayed at AKL and BWV. We have never ventured over to DS, so we might take advantage of our close proximity to it this time and check it out. That would be another first to add to this trip. We don't really love shopping, but World of Disney sounds like it might be worth a visit. I've spent some time reading the first few pages and the last 15 pages of this thread as well as binge watching youtube video walk-throughs and reviews of SSR, so I feel like I have a decent idea of what to expect and look forward to learning even more while hanging out here.
Welcome! You’ll have a great visit. All of your inclinations sound exactly right to me. DS is def worth a visit and so easy and quick to get to.

I noticed there are pool bars. What time do the pool bars close?

I have really enjoyed the pool bars and drink stations at SSR! However my experience has been that the bar closes whenever they feel like it. The sign says 10pm, but they will close at 8 sometimes. I' still excited to be heading home in 5 days!!!!

Disney Springs has entertainment in the evening over the Christmas Season. It's a lot of fun just to listen to the musicians while having a sundae from Ghiradelli.

OOPS, meant to quote Twilight Sparkle

Disney Springs has entertainment in the evening over the Christmas Season. It's a lot of fun just to listen to the musicians while having a sundae from Ghiradelli.

OOPS, meant to quote Twilight Sparkle

Ghiradelli and live music? Okay, you convinced me. We'll add that to our plans. Thank you!

Staying at SSR w/ a few friends and have some questions. Checked previous threads, but they are rather old, so asking for updates, if you're able to answer:
1. Looks like coffee pots are Mr. Coffee types? Do they require the flat-bottom filters, or are they cone shaped? Are they full-sized coffee makers?
2. Can we expect to find a pitcher in the kitchen? Say a 1/2 gallon size? Placing an order thru GG and frozen concentrate OJ is much cheaper than the non-reconstituted, but won't work if there's no pitcher...
3. Do you know if they're still using individual toiletries or have they switched to the pump dispensers in the bathroom? With 4 women in a 2 bedroom, we will probably need more than what's provided in the individual containers, and we're trying to travel w/ carry-on's only - so have to be frugal w/ liquids.
4. Will the balcony have table & chairs? If so, how many balcony chairs are provided in a 2-bdrm?
5. Is there boat transportation to DS, or just a walking path? Any shortcuts? Of course, we don't know which bldg we're staying yet - just that we've booked non-preferred.
Thank you for any info you can provide, and please don't hesitate to add any helpful info or further info!
TIA!!!

Staying at SSR w/ a few friends and have some questions. Checked previous threads, but they are rather old, so asking for updates, if you're able to answer:
1. Looks like coffee pots are Mr. Coffee types? Do they require the flat-bottom filters, or are they cone shaped? Are they full-sized coffee makers?
2. Can we expect to find a pitcher in the kitchen? Say a 1/2 gallon size? Placing an order thru GG and frozen concentrate OJ is much cheaper than the non-reconstituted, but won't work if there's no pitcher...
3. Do you know if they're still using individual toiletries or have they switched to the pump dispensers in the bathroom? With 4 women in a 2 bedroom, we will probably need more than what's provided in the individual containers, and we're trying to travel w/ carry-on's only - so have to be frugal w/ liquids.
4. Will the balcony have table & chairs? If so, how many balcony chairs are provided in a 2-bdrm?
5. Is there boat transportation to DS, or just a walking path? Any shortcuts? Of course, we don't know which bldg we're staying yet - just that we've booked non-preferred.
Thank you for any info you can provide, and please don't hesitate to add any helpful info or further info!
TIA!!!
1. Standard, flat bottom, 10-12 cup
2. Yes. There is a pitcher
3. Individual
4. Yes. Two
5. Yes. Behind the carriage house (main building). Very easy to find. Very short walk from Grandstand section (which is non preferred and my recommendation)

We stayed at SSR about two years ago through a RCI Exchange and enjoyed enough to return in a couple months. Since it's been a couple years, have there been any changes we should be made aware of? Any tips?

Thanks, in advance!

64 days before checking in on a 2 bedroom preferred lock off. I’m hoping for a Disney Springs view. What’s your favorite Congress Park room/ building?

Jumping in to say hi!:teleport: We’ve booked December 7th through 15th on rented dvc points at SSR! We actually are a larger family that all rented individual studios to have our own personal space vs one big grand villa.(way more cost effective as well) I’m assuming with a standard villa our best bet is grandstand section? Also, how soon do we need to request this section? I am familiar with the touring plans fax. Anything else I need to do?

Jumping in to say hi!:teleport: We’ve booked December 7th through 15th on rented dvc points at SSR! We actually are a larger family that all rented individual studios to have our own personal space vs one big grand villa.(way more cost effective as well) I’m assuming with a standard villa our best bet is grandstand section? Also, how soon do we need to request this section? I am familiar with the touring plans fax. Anything else I need to do?

Hi. We are also renting points for an SSR studio in December. I included a request to be added to my initial reservation this time, but we have also had excellent luck using Touring Plans. If it's too late to have the request added to your reservation info, then give Touring Plans a try.

I love your idea of everyone having their own space rather than renting a grand villa. If you have anyone in your party who needs time alone to decompress, they will appreciate this plan.

my requests are for corner room v lower or higher studio ,which should i choose,i have never stayed here before...

Hi. We are also renting points for an SSR studio in December. I included a request to be added to my initial reservation this time, but we have also had excellent luck using Touring Plans. If it's too late to have the request added to your reservation info, then give Touring Plans a try.

I love your idea of everyone having their own space rather than renting a grand villa. If you have anyone in your party who needs time alone to decompress, they will appreciate this plan.
I’ll go see if I can add it on! Last time we stayed in a 3br villa offsite and I feel like we were constantly being judged by other family and even though it was separate bedrooms we were in each other’s space. This seems to be the best option and if someone in our party can’t go and drops out it doesn’t effect any of the other people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!